Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 12:26 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times

Advertisements

when i was young girl growing up and young woman, I fought female gender stereotypes so girls (like me) could/would play football, wear pants, work in traditionally male professional fields. now gender stereotypes for boys and girls are strictly reinforced. if male and female children don't act and dress according to strict gender stereotypes their groomers in the media and school are teaching them they are really 'transsexual'. Nonsense and dangerous to teach children.

gender activists that are steering young kids to reject their biological sex and become the opposite sex by taking puberty blocking drugs and having healthy body parts removed with surgery instead of teaching them to embrace there are different ways of being a boy or a girl seems very screwed up to me.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-05-2022 at 12:36 PM..

Old 04-05-2022, 12:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
How does it affect me? It sure seems to affect the folks triggered by it more than me. Again, live and let live.
Can't do that when people who aren't interested face compelled speech and behavior.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:29 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitydreamer View Post
it’s pretty simple. There’s no way in hell that most parents are going to talk to their kids about lgbt issues. They want their kids to grow up and marry somebody of the opposite sex.

So, the government, the schools and the corporations are taking the place of the parents and making sure their kids learn about lgbt and don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.
yes there is something wrong with that!!!!

Old 04-05-2022, 12:29 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know, they always claim it’s all harmless and only effects some people, but then want to impose it on all of society. Ef them. This is the hill to die on in my opinion.
There's no reason to teach school kids about LGBT unless your intention is, ultimately, to destroy the traditional family.

That's what this is all about.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:30 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Is there more we don’t know??

Prenatal endocrine influences on sexual orientation and on sexually differentiated childhood behavior

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296090/

Whitehouse said testosterone levels in the womb are strongly influenced by genetic makeup, but it is also possible that environmental factors - such as hormone disrupting chemicals - can influence it. "Women who are overweight also tend to produce more testosterone," he said.Sep 22, 2015

How masculine you look - as a woman or a man - is linked to how much testosterone you were exposed to when in the womb, new research suggests.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...n-womb/6795422

Old 04-05-2022, 12:32 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Maybe transgender concerns will get conservatives on board with pollution controls?

Old 04-05-2022, 12:37 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Is there more we don’t know??

Prenatal endocrine influences on sexual orientation and on sexually differentiated childhood behavior

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296090/

Whitehouse said testosterone levels in the womb are strongly influenced by genetic makeup, but it is also possible that environmental factors - such as hormone disrupting chemicals - can influence it. "Women who are overweight also tend to produce more testosterone," he said.Sep 22, 2015

How masculine you look - as a woman or a man - is linked to how much testosterone you were exposed to when in the womb, new research suggests.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...n-womb/6795422
Every study coming out will support anything and everything for transgender science.

That's blatantly obvious. Anyone who doesn't support it will get bounced out of STEM.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Excellent video by a young woman who was indoctrinated into becoming transgender and then detransitioned out.

Helena Kerschner, shares her story about being brainwashed and manipulated into transitioning into a man, and the way she saved herself from the radical ideology and her journey as she detransitioned back into a woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbPzJy9gkY

Old 04-05-2022, 12:52 PM

631 posts, read 288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Sorry, I should have specified we all start out with female genitalia in the womb. Thank you for the correction.

Regardless, my point stands that who knows what happens in some circumstances during that process, on a level we don't grasp yet.

And no we don't move through being a mermaid, because mermaids don't exist.
Embryos of both sexes share the phenotypically female sex organs for a very short period of time.... Sex differentiation begins after 7 weeks. For perspective, that's when an embryo is on the cusp of becoming a fetus, medically speaking. Solidly in the first trimester, and peak time for first-trimester abortions, too, because they are medically easy and uncomplicated at that time, and when said fetus is considered somehow non-human by the pro-choice crowd.

But this is not that debate. The point is that the differentiation happens very, very early, and quickly, in comparison with the entirety of the gestational period. I joked that the fetus goes through a mermaid phase, but in that banter is contained a truth bearing on this debate: fetal development is a recapitulation of our evolutionary journey as a species and as life on earth. We do indeed go through phases where we look like a tadpole, a seahorse, and a salamander. By the logic of the current transgender discourse, why can't my identification as a being not be stuck at that of a human seahorse? To be honest, I find much to identify with seahorses.... I resonate to their gentle, passive, peaceful existence. I find them much more 'like me' than the vast majority of the human apes overrunning this world with their aggressive chest thumping, quarreling, and savaging. But I have enough sense and sanity to not demand from my human community to be refereed to as a seahorse. I don't campaign to legislate my identification as a seahorse. I don't seek to classify other people's denial of my seahorseness as hate speech.

It's totally fine if people identify as something other than who they are, biologically, whether it be a different race (such as Rachel Dolezal) or gender, or species, even. It is not fine, however, to cram these identifications down people's throats as literal, gospel truth, or take advantage of them for personal gain (Lia Thomas, for example). There's something of a religious fundamentalism about it (literal, gospel truth) combined with a distasteful mercenary opportunism.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:58 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not a fad and not frightening. I remain a live and let live type of man as long as all are consenting adults
^This. A thousand times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies