Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 06:38 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,637,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So she's already sought "mental help"? Since that happens WAY (like years) before surgery is even considered?

You don't need "years" of counseling before hormone treatment or gender affirming surgery.

That's the old school way of thinking about transgenderism ... you would think you would, but nope.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:39 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
My cousin's granddaughter, born 1998, from the day she could talk said she was a boy. Fought w/her parents from toddler age about wearing girls clothes. Mom insisted on dresses for family pictures but it was always a battle. She finally gave up and only within the past few years admits her daughter is 'unique.'

In high school, this girl dressed like a boy, only dated girls, currently is living with a girl, went to her brother's wedding a few years ago wearing a man's shirt and man's tie, hair tied back in pony tail. I was sent a few pictures - she looked like a skinny boy.

Gender issues run in that family. The paternal grandfather's oldest sister, Ethel, was a lesbian - born 1922 or thereabouts on the family farm. Think about that!!! 1922. When Ethel became an adult, she moved to Florida and lived with another woman until her death. I never met her, although I knew that family well. Very little communication w/her family. Family was notified of her death long after it occurred.

The granddaughter's mother has a sister who is married to another woman, lives in FL, has adopted (I believe) children.

So, this kid gets it from two sides - her paternal grandfather, and her mother's side.

My relative hasn't talked about gender surgery - but could very well be considering it. My cousin's sons, one the father of this girl, just "told" me last year, "she" liked girls. Like it was news. Of course, her grandmother and I had been discussing this - for us an oddity - from the time the issues arose - when the kid was two/three years old. I never got the paternal grandfather's take on this - it shouldn't have been a complete surprise since his sister was a lesbian - which for that time - born 1928 - was only whispered about.

So, odd as it may appear to many, being born in the wrong body is NOT A FAD. It is NOT a mental illness, it is NOT some strange aberration - it is gender confusion begun in the womb.

I do think there may be genetic component, as well - i.e., my relative who got the wrong genes from both sides of her parentage. Our modern-day pollution/contamination only exacerbates the issue - as mentioned above wildlife born with both sex organs or some permutation thereof. Of course, men who liked men goes back to the Greeks and Romans. No doubt there were women who preferred women in those days, too.
This really proves the point of many Gay Activists from many years ago. There are women who are masculine and attracted to other women, they’re called masculine lesbians. The mantra of gay activists, was that one should not be oppressed because of their sexual orientation, because of innate masculine or feminine orientation, or by the clothing they choose to wear, it to be happy and accepting of the way you were made, and not try to change who you are. The message was clear, that gender roles, and gender identity, should not be restrictive, and oppressive. There should be nothing wrong with a woman who prefers to wear men’s clothing, or perhaps prefer to wear her hair like a man would. If a woman wants to be an airline pilot, a diesel mechanic, a construction worker, a state trooper, she should be able to do it without being oppressed, labels can be oppressive, she shouldn’t feel she has to adhere to what society expects or indicates, that she has to change who she is. The same with men; that men should not be ridiculed if they want to be a kindergarten teacher, a social worker, own a salon, to do make up, to be an interior decorator, etc. That people should love themselves for the way they are, the way they were made, and not try to change themselves. Labels can be oppressive, gender stereotypes are oppressive. What the transgender person does, rather than alleviate stereotypes, they do is the opposite. Their goal is to reinforce gender stereotypes, and thus trade one stereotype for another. They believe in gender stereotypes.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:40 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
I believe it’s both, some especially young people gets caught up in causes, social media, and since there is a lot of attention some would think it’s cool or a way to get attention. Teachers at the school where I live said they noticed a couple who claim it were from a bad home and seemed to want attention. Some mental issues, it’s rare but those born with both organs and a extra chromosomes, but not common.

My issues is with all the silly gender claims which makes me believe it’s a trend more then anything. No you are not a they/them, no males and females are men and women not cisgender, and I have no idea what a pan sexual is. Maybe it’s a preference for whatever that is, but one is still either a biological male or a biological female.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:40 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's the male lesbians that may worry or scare women. They are males attracted to women who feel they should have been born women but after transitioning to women are still attracted to women. I don't see male lesbians as being any better off than before.
These people have a condition called "autogynephelia".

Quote:
Autogynephilia is defined as a male's propensity to be sexually aroused by the thought of himself as a female. It is the paraphilia that is theorized to underlie transvestism and some forms of male-to-female (MtF) transsexualism.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22005209/

They're often hypermasculine as boys and young men, not effeminate "I'm really a girl" types. Eventually they are consumed by their fetish to the point that they want to "transition" later in life.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:42 PM

6,660 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
There was a recent thread here on CD about a TX teacher claiming 20 of her 32 4th grade students identify as LGBTQetc. Another thread was about a school reporting that about 30% of their Jr High girls claim to be TG.
That is an insane number if true. There is no way that statistic reflects a 'natural' situation, lol.
I would be inclined to deduce that there is some peer pressure going on, as is the way of teens.

They look for ways of fitting in, getting attention, being cool. And now we have this social media virtue wave washing across kid's cell phones so yeah,...it is no wonder.

Quote:
In yet another CD thread a poster hypothesized that China may be sabotaging the US this way. TikTok is heavily promoting TGism, with many kids becoming confused about their gender after seeing numerous videos on TikTok designed to cause such confusion.
This is kinda ridiculous too. Who is making this content? Chinese people? It's our own kids making and sharing this stuff. Tik Tok is just a medium.

Quote:
Yes this frightening. We could have quite the messed up next generation if this goes unchallenged. We the adults are supposed to protect and help the youth of our society. We who recognize the TG movement for the garbage that it is need to step up and refuse to accept it. .
Well,...in the end you'll just have a bunch of messed up kids turning into adults not being prepared for real world problems. While all the normies will get the good jobs and keep on truck'in. Less competition for my kid.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:44 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarbiNus View Post
Bruce probably suppressed it for years. And my point is, the mind can be wired vastly different from the mind.
Look at autism for example. Nobody “has” autism, the y are autism. If I was an autistic, I wouldn’t “have autism” I would be autism. Because autism is a certain way the brain is wired. People are born with it, they don’t catch or develop it.

Same can be said for people who feel they were born in the wrong body. It’s neurological. Not something they developed but their neurology was wired differently from the rest of their body.
That’s not accurate. Autism definitely has environmental triggers, but you’re right in that there is also genetic loading. But your mind “wires” can be changed through behavior and environment. We know this. It’s called neuroplasticity. I don’t think the trans thing is that simple.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-04-2022, 06:46 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You don't need "years" of counseling before hormone treatment or gender affirming surgery.

That's the old school way of thinking about transgenderism ... you would think you would, but nope.

It was/is the way my doctors and I approached it. I feel it's the best and safest way. This is one thing that absolutely should not be rushed. I'm cleared for surgery (as of last year) but can't afford it, and Medicaid won't cover it, though they do cover the hormones, which I'm thankful for.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:47 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
This really proves the point of many Gay Activists from many years ago. There are women who are masculine and attracted to other women, they’re called masculine lesbians. The mantra of gay activists, was that one should not be oppressed because of their sexual orientation, because of innate masculine or feminine orientation, or by the clothing they choose to wear, it to be happy and accepting of the way you were made, and not try to change who you are. The message was clear, that gender roles, and gender identity, should not be restrictive, and oppressive. There should be nothing wrong with a woman who prefers to wear men’s clothing, or perhaps prefer to wear her hair like a man would. If a woman wants to be an airline pilot, a diesel mechanic, a construction worker, a state trooper, she should be able to do it without being oppressed, labels can be oppressive, she shouldn’t feel she has to adhere to what society expects or indicates, that she has to change who she is. The same with men; that men should not be ridiculed if they want to be a kindergarten teacher, a social worker, own a salon, to do make up, to be an interior decorator, etc. That people should love themselves for the way they are, the way they were made, and not try to change themselves. Labels can be oppressive, gender stereotypes are oppressive.

What the transgender person does, rather than alleviate stereotypes, they do is the opposite. Their goal is to reinforce gender stereotypes, and thus trade one stereotype for another. They believe in gender stereotypes.
That's an interesting and very valid point. Acceptance rather than an attempt to 'conform.' I'm pretty old - 80 - so surgery to correct gender dysmorphia is far too radical a concept for me. Further, it can't be healthy. I believe in leaving the body alone.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It's not a mental illness for those who actually are born in the wrong body.
Actually born into the wrong body... yep, this is where we're headed. Soon we'll all be required to adopt this sort of magical thinking, or else.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:51 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
These people have a condition called "autogynephelia".

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22005209/

They're often hypermasculine as boys and young men, not effeminate "I'm really a girl" types. Eventually they are consumed by their fetish to the point that they want to "transition" later in life.

Except I'm not sexually aroused by the thought of myself as a female (or anything at all, for that matter). And there is no point in my life that I ever could have been thought of as "hypermasculine."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies