Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 03:43 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Everyone is aware of the surging "transgender" movement, especially when it comes to children wishing to change their gender identity.

My question is thus: Is this a modern-day fad, part of political tribalism that's pervasive in our society, or is it something that's really happening to our children? By that, I mean, is it a real thing that more and more children are really born into the "wrong body," something that hasn't happened in all of human history?

I've heard theories that plastics and other pollutants are causing a blurring of the genders, with large numbers of children being born who are not really one gender or the other, but more in between. Hence, the "identity shifting" that we see so much today.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I sincerely hope that all of this is simply a popular fad, which will soon die out.

What are your opinions on this matter?
"Transgenderism" has been around for a while, but it's just fairly recently become acceptable and apparently even desirable. Seems like everybody wants to be one now ....

Old 04-07-2022, 03:47 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
"Transgenderism" has been around for a while, but it's just fairly recently become acceptable and apparently even desirable. Seems like everybody wants to be one now ....
I don't think everybody wants to be one. But everyone needs to be loved and accepted for who they are.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:52 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't think everybody wants to be one. But everyone needs to be loved and accepted for who they are.
Pedophiles?

Serial killers?

Politicians?

Rapists?

Um, no. We do not have to accept and love everyone. It's a statement out of context. Otherwise, open up your home to all child sex offenders released from prison. They need a place to live. Because love and acceptance and all that.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Pedophiles?

Serial killers?

Politicians?

Rapists?

Um, no. We do not have to accept and love everyone. It's a statement out of context. Otherwise, open up your home to all child sex offenders released from prison. They need a place to live. Because love and acceptance and all that.
Lord have mercy. We're talking about transgender people here. Please try to keep up. You guys will read anything into anything to make a point, won't you?

Old 04-07-2022, 04:06 PM

6,641 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Older kids who are gay, transgender, etc. need to feel heard and understood. There is way too much suicide among kids these days for a variety of reasons. It's difficult enough going through teenage years, let alone being ostracized or feeling unaccepted because of their sexual identity. These are tough conversations that need to be had.
Quote:
Yeah,..I know it's gonna sound harsh but nobody owes anybody anything. As long as I am not assaulting you or getting violent everyone has a right to just stay out of each other's way.

You don't automatically get love and attention, you earn it.

And this notion about 'being heard'. Do something cool and your actions will speak louder than words.

What is there to be heard specifically about their sexuality? I didn't go to high school thinking my sexual preferences were something I needed people to hear.

If you in math class and a gay person wants to shout out the answer then do it, you'll be heard. But if you wanna shout about how you like dudes in math class, then shut up,..lol. Not the place, bro.

Their voice is as relevant as anyone's in terms of school. Being depressed is part of growing up. If it's not one thing , it would be another.

As a non-white, I felt shy,..wasn't popular, just kinda normal. I didn't think my non-white voice wasn't being heard.

But of course, I wasn't trying to make my voice about being non-white.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:29 PM

9,434 posts, read 5,197,344 times
On the local news tonight, it was reported that our Gov approved some bill that will allow people to amend their birth certificates to show their desired gender. The person that they were speaking to had below shoulder length hair, a beard, was wearing earrings and a necklace, a skirt with leggings and holding a rainbow umbrella (it rained today).
My guess is he wants his BC to show him as 'female.' ("Now, I exist." that's what he said)

Old 04-07-2022, 04:50 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...bwy-story.html

"The Inclusive Curriculum Law, signed by Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Aug. 9, mandates that by the time students finish eighth grade, public schools must teach them about contributions to state and U.S. history made by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people."

In England:
https://bold.expert/teaching-childre...erse-families/

From what I'm reading it appears that schools are trying to teach that there are other family units besides the traditional moms and dads.

Teaching sex education is certainly a hot button issue that I think ideally should be left up to the parents. But I do think kids need to be made aware that there are other types of relationships and people who are not your traditional heterosexual-identifying people. Older kids who are gay, transgender, etc. need to feel heard and understood. There is way too much suicide among kids these days for a variety of reasons. It's difficult enough going through teenage years, let alone being ostracized or feeling unaccepted because of their sexual identity. These are tough conversations that need to be had.
I think that's okay. One example was that (duh) I never knew a gay person invented the computer until I saw the movie The Imitation Game. I think people would have more respect for gay people if they were aware of the contributions. Just don't overdo it, that's all. Don't exaggerate and don't go to the extreme.
Don't go around saying gays are superior or anything like that. Just be fair about it.

Kids need to be appreciated and included. But I am against any sort of sex education for elementary school kids and of course against any brainwashing to be trans. I don't think much, if any, of this trans stuff is going on in schools anyway. I have only seen it here from far right sources saying the evil schools are telling kids to be trans. The extreme right doesn't like schools for some reason but we know that.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:54 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
A serial killer or mass shooting is frightening. A cross dresser, not so much.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Yeah,..I know it's gonna sound harsh but nobody owes anybody anything. As long as I am not assaulting you or getting violent everyone has a right to just stay out of each other's way.

You don't automatically get love and attention, you earn it.

And this notion about 'being heard'. Do something cool and your actions will speak louder than words.

What is there to be heard specifically about their sexuality? I didn't go to high school thinking my sexual preferences were something I needed people to hear.

If you in math class and a gay person wants to shout out the answer then do it, you'll be heard. But if you wanna shout about how you like dudes in math class, then shut up,..lol. Not the place, bro.

Their voice is as relevant as anyone's in terms of school. Being depressed is part of growing up. If it's not one thing , it would be another.

As a non-white, I felt shy,..wasn't popular, just kinda normal. I didn't think my non-white voice wasn't being heard.

But of course, I wasn't trying to make my voice about being non-white.
Some kids get bullied because of their gender identity. All I'm saying is people should be accepted for who they are. Yes, being depressed is sometimes part of being a young person. But let's not add to their troubles by ostracizing them for who they are. Not saying you, specifically, just anyone. There are way too many instances of suicides among young people today for whatever reason.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think that's okay. One example was that (duh) I never knew a gay person invented the computer until I saw the movie The Imitation Game. I think people would have more respect for gay people if they were aware of the contributions. Just don't overdo it, that's all. Don't exaggerate and don't go to the extreme.
Don't go around saying gays are superior or anything like that. Just be fair about it.

Kids need to be appreciated and included. But I am against any sort of sex education for elementary school kids and of course against any brainwashing to be trans. I don't think much, if any, of this trans stuff is going on in schools anyway. I have only seen it here from far right sources saying the evil schools are telling kids to be trans. The extreme right doesn't like schools for some reason but we know that.
I have my doubts that teachers are teaching kindergartners how to be trans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies