Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 05:16 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
A serial killer or mass shooting is frightening. A cross dresser, not so much.
I know, right? Here they are worried about transgenders when you have kids carrying guns to school to wipe out their classmates.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:21 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I know, right? Here they are worried about transgenders when you have kids carrying guns to school to wipe out their classmates.
In reality, if a boy dresses like a girl, then that can be a big distraction to learning in a classroom. That is not viewed as normal.

The school will have to decide if that is an acceptable attire policy or make an exception based on a psychological evaluation.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:23 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In reality, if a boy dresses like a girl, then that can be a big distraction to learning in a classroom. That is not viewed as normal.

The school will have to decide if that is an acceptable attire policy.
Yes, that is something that the school will have to deal with. But only if the boy decides to wear a dress I suppose. Or if a girl decides to wear pants.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:40 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
I thought discrimination was not affording a particular class of people the opportunities afforded to everyone else. I doubt the use of a pronoun would fit that description.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...erred-pronoun/

Attorneys for Peter Vlaming, a Virginia high school teacher fired for refusing to use a student’s pronouns, have asked the state’s highest court to hear his case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...dents-n1269212

A Loudoun County, Virginia, gym teacher was placed on leave days after he spoke out against a proposed school policy that says educators should refer to students by the pronouns that align with their gender identity.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Lord have mercy. We're talking about transgender people here. Please try to keep up. You guys will read anything into anything to make a point, won't you?
Nope. Be clear about your statement.

No one has said: Go out and disrespect transgenders.

Your post indicates that people are arguing that point. They aren't.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I have my doubts that teachers are teaching kindergartners how to be trans.
It'd be really nice if people would actually do some research before they make statements that are completely wrong.

In NJ they are starting in 1st grade.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...arming-parents

One lesson plan, "Purple, Pink and Blue," instructs teachers to talk to their first graders about gender identity, and its first objective is to have the students be able to define "gender, gender identity and gender role stereotypes."

The lesson’s second objective is to have students name "at least two things they’ve been taught about gender role stereotypes and how those things may limit people of all genders."

"Gender identity is that feeling of knowing your gender. You might feel like you are a boy, you might feel like you are a girl," the lesson plan states. "You might feel like you’re a boy even if you have body parts that some people might tell you are ‘girl’ parts. You might feel like you’re a girl even if you have body parts that some people might tell you are ‘boy’ parts.

WTH? These are 5 and 6 year olds!!!!

This is what teachers will be spending their time on? Sexualizing CHILDREN? Confusing children?

Absolutely disgusting. I suspect the population of Florida will continue to increase at a very fast pace.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:55 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...erred-pronoun/

Attorneys for Peter Vlaming, a Virginia high school teacher fired for refusing to use a student’s pronouns, have asked the state’s highest court to hear his case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...dents-n1269212

A Loudoun County, Virginia, gym teacher was placed on leave days after he spoke out against a proposed school policy that says educators should refer to students by the pronouns that align with their gender identity.
It will be an interesting legal case. It might even end up at SCOTUS. Teachers do have limited free speech and religion rights.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-07-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I have my doubts that teachers are teaching kindergartners how to be trans.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educati...dents-n1003596

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — California has overhauled its sex education guidance for public school teachers, encouraging them to talk about gender identity with kindergartners and give advice to LGBT teenagers for navigating relationships and having safe sex.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It will be an interesting legal case. It might even end up at SCOTUS. Teachers do have limited free speech and religion rights.

I'm so tired of the IT'S NOT HAPPENING posts.

It's happening. It's being taught to young kids and people are getting fired over it.

Just because some people are uninformed doesn't mean crap isn't going on.

Maybe ask yourselves why the MSM isn't covering it. And why you DON'T know. And what don't you know? Maybe there's even MORE going on ...

Do some research people.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:05 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
In NJ they are starting in 1st grade.

One lesson plan, "Purple, Pink and Blue," instructs teachers to talk to their first graders about gender identity, and its first objective is to have the students be able to define "gender, gender identity and gender role stereotypes."
How they gonna ask elementary kids these questions when the Supreme Court nominee was tap dancing trying to answer " Define a Woman"??

Quote:
WTH? These are 5 and 6 year olds!!!!

This is what teachers will be spending their time on? Sexualizing CHILDREN? Confusing children?
Absolutely disgusting. I suspect the population of Florida will continue to increase at a very fast pace.
This is the crux, imho. I mean, sure there are some out there that really hate trans/gay and those are the ones you read about who assault them unfortunately.

But generally speaking, including those in this forum, agree with the 'live and let live' motto when it comes to Trans.

But draw the line in the classroom. With our kids. Our kindergarten kids. Discussing sexuality with them.
That's a legit concern. You won't win anyone over dismissing that concern.

But nobody address that. Instead, they fall back on the cliche,.." What are you afraid of?" Like it is something you are supposed to accept by default and you are a punk if you don't. It's gaslighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies