Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 07:30 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I voted for Biden and have already stated that he was doing okay on Ukraine.

However, look at this article here:

BEFORE the invasion, Russia AGREED to a peace deal over Ukraine that was brokered by our European ally and Zelensky did NOT. Macron asked Biden to get involved and Biden chose NOT to even try.

Putin then notified Macron that since the proposal broke down that he would recognize the breakaway Ukranian region as independent and then the invasion started.

Biden appears to have been asleep at the wheel and deserves at least a small portion of the blame for the break down in peace talks prior to the war.

https://news.antiwar.com/2022/04/03/...sian-invasion/

Look, you need to understand one simple fact.
Ukraine is not American domain, regardless, of what it may look like on the surface.
Ukraine is GB domain. And, they dance to whatever GB music is played.

Same goes for Poland. Poland been centuries long Britain run. Even when they were dumped during WW2, they apparently forgot that lesson and still are fed by MI6. And, those behind it.

This is why Zelensky is so "brave" and, openly barks at Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 07:31 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The withdrawal from Afghanistan was set by the previous administration.
Set perhaps but not carried out. Why? It was carried out under China Joe's administration not Trump's. The leadership shown by the Biden administration in this regard was awful. Absolutely no leadership at all.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Is water wet?

Old 04-05-2022, 07:35 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
BEFORE the invasion, Russia AGREED to a peace deal over Ukraine that was brokered by our European ally and Zelensky did NOT. Macron asked Biden to get involved and Biden chose NOT to even try.
I am very suspicious of the entire thing. Biden has just been acting off. And given his ties to Ukraine.... I am keeping very open minded on this whole thing.

That being said, Russia could call his bluff by 100% withdrawing and daring him to keep sanctions up.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:38 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
The withdrawal from Afghanistan was set by the previous administration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Set perhaps but not carried out. Why? It was carried out under China Joe's administration not Trump's. The leadership shown by the Biden administration in this regard was awful. Absolutely no leadership at all.
Yes, it was Biden who carried it out and didn’t listen to the military advisers. Biden is the one who is responsible for the incompetent way it was handled.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:39 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
If the Biden administration had pushed Zelensky to take any peace deal right away, likely with Russia taking control of the capital and instilling a puppet government and allowing Putin to set all the terms, you can bet Republicans would say that's a sign of weakness. That would however have resulted in fewest casualties but would have made Russia a larger world power.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:

Why? Because they negotiated a withdrawal timeline with the Taliban that took place after the election. I'm sure the Trump administration thought they would still be in the White House at the time it happened.

The point being was that you said you wouldn't be surprised if the Biden administration "pulled out of Afghanistan in a crazy hurry in order to get involved in a better, much more profitable war".

I simply pointed out that the timeline wasn't set by the Biden adminstration.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:56 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Why? Because they negotiated a withdrawal timeline with the Taliban that took place after the election. I'm sure the Trump administration thought they would still be in the White House at the time it happened.

The point being was that you said you wouldn't be surprised if the Biden administration "pulled out of Afghanistan in a crazy hurry in order to get involved in a better, much more profitable war".

I simply pointed out that the timeline wasn't set by the Biden adminstration.
Which is why it now appears likely this President pulled out with so much haste knowing full well what lays ahead. However, we don't know what intel is telling this man in the slightest. And, just because a previous administration set a timeline, does not in the slightest mean that the current administration can be simply nonexistent in its approach in pulling it off. The buck stops with him.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Which is why it now appears likely this President pulled out with so much haste knowing full well what lays ahead. However, we don't know what intel is telling this man in the slightest. And, just because a previous administration set a timeline, does not in the slightest mean that the current administration can be simply nonexistent in its approach in pulling it off. The buck stops with him.
Again, the timeline was set by the prior administration.

Execution of the withdrawal falls on the current adminstration, without question. Those are two different things.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:04 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Was Joe Biden Negligent as Ukraine Mess Blew Up?

As much as I am appalled by the mainstream media, I do not think I have reached a point where I jettison my common sense and start citing antiwar.com to support my opinions. Could we be serious?

With regards to Biden, he is clearly not a crisis manager in the mold of JFK. But the war is NOT his fault.

This war is on Putin and all the Russian goons who support him. Putin has pulverized an innocent population. He has killed women and children. All for .... what exactly?

Don't let Putin off the hook. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies