Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 06:24 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
I feel bad that I like the taste of the 4th of July hamburger and the jumbo hotdog With mustard and relish

Or the medium rare steak with the yummy Louisiana barbecue sauce and the crisp slow-cooked North Carolina baby-back ribs

And the yummy lobster rolls of cape cod and the Boston chowder clam and calamari and the caper and smoked salmon bagel with the Philadelphia cream cheese

Those Philly cheese steaks , the Wisconsin cheddar and the beef strogonaff ….

Texas ribeye steak with sweet potato heated in Carmel and roasted marshmallows

Maryland carb cakes with tartar sauce. Alaska king crab …. Chinese Mongolian beef

Italian sausage pizza Chicago deep dish

Swedish meatballs savory white sauce IKEA style

Chicago steakhouses with the steak knife

Vermont shepherds pie

California sushi

Brisket, ground beef, top rounds, flank, sirloin, filet minyan, tenderloins, ribs, bottom , cow tongue ….

I feel guilty these foods make my mouth water and I feel like a terrible person for it
Good one, Freesponge. To anyone who gets harassed or berated by a vegetarian on one of their crusades to make meat eaters feel guilt and shame, I say this is the way to go. Rub their noses (and all their senses - I mean really get them salivating) into it but good. I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 08:19 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
I feel bad that I like the taste of the 4th of July hamburger and the jumbo hotdog With mustard and relish

Or the medium rare steak with the yummy Louisiana barbecue sauce and the crisp slow-cooked North Carolina baby-back ribs

And the yummy lobster rolls of cape cod and the Boston chowder clam and calamari and the caper and smoked salmon bagel with the Philadelphia cream cheese

Maryland carb cakes with tartar sauce. Alaska king crab …. Chinese Mongolian beef

Vermont shepherds pie

California sushi

Brisket, ground beef, top rounds, flank, sirloin, filet minyan, tenderloins, ribs, bottom , cow tongue ….

I feel guilty these foods make my mouth water and I feel like a terrible person for it
Weird - you apparently get off on thinking about food and hoping others hate you for it?

Never put tartar sauce on good crab cakes. And it's filet "mignon" - not "minyan"...rookie mistake. How do you pronounce Dom Perignon? That said, I'm 90% vegetarian and my bf is 100%...he doesn't eat eggs but otherwise eats dairy. We forgive you.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:24 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
ugh vegans are the worst even worse the paleo/carvinore/keto people.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:28 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:

Vermont shepherds pie

California sushi

I feel bad too. Only in the fact I can’t eat it more often.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:28 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Feeling guilty for not being Vegan/vegetarian do you feel bad?

You're joking, right?

I once heard an anthropologist say that medium-to-large creatures that evolved over the last few million years to eat plants, have their two eyes on opposite sides of their heads, able to look more easily to the sides as well as looking straight ahead, for defensive purposes. They can more easily see the larger view all around them without turning their head, so they can see whoever is coming after them. Think of horses, sheep, etc.

Creatures that evolved to eat meat, have their two eyes on the front of their heads, for a better view of whoever they are attacking and killing. And they don't so much care who is coming from the sides since most other creatures know better than to try it. Think of dogs, cats (large and small), apes etc.

Creatures evolved to eat plants, also have much bigger and thicker teeth, necessary since eating plants (especially without hands) involved scooping up small amounts of dirt with each bite, which is abrasive and can wear the teeth much more quickly, so plant-eaters with large teeth tended to live longer. Where animals evolved to eat meat, have smaller, sharper teeth (closer to fangs), suitable for gripping other animals, tearing off pieces etc.

Since you brought up the subject.... which are you?

Take the hint.
Humans are omnivores but every time someone brings this stuff up about teeth I always remind them that gorillas are almost exclusively vegetarians despite possessing all those "meat eater" things you mentioned. And obviously they could be a pretty vicious carnivores if they chose to be.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:14 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:

Vermont shepherds pie

California sushi

I don't feel bad or guilty. Not in the least. I love animals...on my plate next to the au gratins.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:00 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Good timing with this thread - was just watching some people devouring large quantities of meat just over the weekend, and it struck me how little appreciation they had of it as a quality food, or the tremendous resources that went into producing it.

Old 04-06-2022, 01:19 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
I feel bad about bacon. ! Piggies are smart and sweet. I don't eat beef or I'd feel bad about that.

Old 04-06-2022, 01:55 AM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
I love eating meat, it brings me great joy.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:14 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
Is this a sincere thread OP?

Yes, at times I do feel guilty for eating animals, mostly cows who are very gentle, sweet creatures - - But I feel better healthwise consuming meat.

Years ago, I was vegetarian and became anemic and ever since adding meat back in my diet I feel better. Although I do try to buy grass fed beef and wild caught fish, but no system is perfect. Factory farming is one of the cruelest things our country has allowed to cheapen the cost of meat, but totally at the animals expense.

It is an individual choice though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies