Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 03:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You can't talk about religion in school but it's just fine and dandy to talk about "coming out" ? As if all those kids are "in the closet" ?
When I was in school, I never knew which of my classmates were gay. That is the way it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 03:30 PM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
When I was in school, I never knew which of my classmates were gay. That is the way it should be.
Sure you did, or at least suspected.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:46 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
My goodness, why do these teachers continue to engage in this nonsense?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ky-teache...225445192.html
Music teachers should stick to teaching music, not turn the classroom instruction into a discussion about sex, with minor school children.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:48 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
If the rainbow flag was left out...nobody would complain about that message.
It's still not the place of a music teacher to play psychologist, especially with minor children going thru puberty, about the topic of sex or their sexual relationships

Old 04-05-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
"“You Are Free to Be Yourself With Me. You Matter.” The message included a rainbow flag and rainbow colors."

Man,...if we saw this on the board when I was in school we would think nothing of it. It would just be,..ok,..this teacher is being nice.

But nowadays it's been loaded with so much woke baggage it's just cringe. It's like I know what you doing! lol. Stop recruiting allies! I ain't your virtue bot.
That's what has gone away. You would have likely thought, in addition to the teacher being nice, that, "Oh look at the pretty colors".

Now, to whom do we assign responsibility for a ****ing rainbow becoming a political statement?

Old 04-05-2022, 03:57 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
He’s teaching in freaking Estill County, Kentucky, population 14,600 with more churches than gas stations, that voted 78.01% for Trump in 2020. Seriously, what did he think was going to happen?

Old 04-05-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He’s teaching in freaking Estill County, Kentucky, population 14,600 with more churches than gas stations, that voted 78.01% for Trump in 2020. Seriously, what did he think was going to happen?
Are there more churches than bars? That's a truer measurement than gas stations.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Are there more churches than bars? That's a truer measurement than gas stations.
It’s a dry county. It not even moist, but bone dry. So, not a single legal bar in the entire county or even can of beer legally sold. The last referendum was in 2013 and it wasn’t even close.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:18 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
He would have been fine had he left out the rainbow crap. Sigh. Honestly I don't think this is worth resigning over but why must activism like this keep being brought into the classrooms. Children are already groomed by all the modern cartoons and content produced today. It's like the propagandists have this fanatical urge to spread their dogma in every outlet to make sure nobody escapes seeing it. It's a fascinating look into human nature during late stage capitalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Looking at Wisconsin, the bar is right next to the church, and we're proud of it. How else are you going to get the football game on in time?

Old 04-05-2022, 04:32 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's a fascinating look into human nature during late stage capitalism.
I find bringing up capitalism here to be intriguing.

Do we have other examples of Late-stage C where this sort of thing happens? How can we assign this woke surge a causal relationship to capitalism?

Does it have to do with just being a 'Free' Country? Doing relatively well( due to Capitalism) that we don't have any old school problems that we are privileged to entertain LGBTQ ones as a National effort?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies