Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 12:32 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I disagree that it’s basically just an open casket funeral. For those, the body is in the casket, not dangling from the ceiling upright. They are also dressed well, and they don’t take place in a nightclub charging $40 per person. That doesn’t really scream dignity for me or respect for his life.

Open casket funerals are done in a way to pay respect to the deceased. This is just plain creepy!
What does 'dressed well' mean?

The body wasn't dangling from the ceiling. It was strapped to a moving dolly.

No one mentioned any cover charge to the funeral I read about.

The kid was dressed in his finest. He went out the way he wanted to go, and no one was harmed by his funeral. None of it was any business of ours.

It was unconventional. That's all there is to it. Don't be a judgmental Karen. No one here was invited to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 12:44 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
"Prop me up beside the jukebox when I die......"

Old 04-06-2022, 12:48 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Disgusting

Old 04-06-2022, 03:02 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
What does 'dressed well' mean?

The body wasn't dangling from the ceiling. It was strapped to a moving dolly.

No one mentioned any cover charge to the funeral I read about.

The kid was dressed in his finest. He went out the way he wanted to go, and no one was harmed by his funeral. None of it was any business of ours.

It was unconventional. That's all there is to it. Don't be a judgmental Karen. No one here was invited to attend.
It’s in the link I posted

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fans-slai...181352247.html

And since you are name calling, nobody is being a “judgmental Karen.” I think it’s weird and posted my opinion, which you can feel free to disagree with.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:10 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
Although a bit weird (to me), I don’t have a problem with this.

I also watched the interview with his mother and sister in which they explained the reasoning behind this way of saying goodbye — it was an environment that he loved, his body was dressed in the kind of clothes he liked, and he was not religious so a traditional religious funeral did not seem like a good fit.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:27 PM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What Hospital or Funeral Home released the body to his friends that brought it to the club?

This time they honored this guy but what happens when they get a hold of an enemies body to dishonor it? Will we soon be seeing bodies being dragged by quad motor bikes through the streets?

It seems that a certain segment of our society is devolving into a B movie from the 1970's where crime is common on the filthy dangerous city streets, gangs roam the land doing as they please while the good folks hide. There was more than one movie that had the biker gang digging up the casket of wife and dragging it to drop it off at the hero's doorstop.

Sick stuff.
It was the funeral home that rented the club for a farewell party, and the club claims they had no idea this was going to happen. Maybe the funeral home is run by homies or those sympathetic to that culture. Someone had to be handling the body, know how to secure it and hopefully make sure nothing went wrong like leakage or something. It does look like the body was moved or did move, his head is in different positions in two different videos.

Gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies