Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 02:03 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
NJ Senator Corey Booker on Monday stated what was obvious to many observers -- the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee used the hearings as to Judge Jackson more to air grievances than to discuss her qualifications for the appointment. Whining about what happened with Kavanaugh and Barrett is not discussing Jackson.

Notably, he asked: "How qualified must a person be?" No one has creditably stated that Judge Jackson with her training, experience and education is unqualified. What the senators did not state is that Judge Jackson rulings and sentencings had been well inside the norms for judicial action. Remarkably, 70 to 80% of judges go below sentencing guidelines but the Republicans had confirmed Republican judges that did so but now questioned Jackson about her record.

As to the hearing: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...brown-jackson/

He has some good points. The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee should be ashamed of how they conducted themselves during he hearings.
This is the guy that wet his pants over hoaxes against Kavanagh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Did anyone ask her if she was a woman?
We need a panel of biologists to come in and confirm that Biden fulfilled the pledge to pick a woman.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Comparisons will never be settled. The question is if Republicans acted correctly in the current hearings. It certainly appears that they did not.
I guess we'd have to go back and watch the hearings. I watched a bit, and have seen a couple of Youtube segments.

The "best" one I saw (as a R) was Cotton questioning her about a serious drug dealer (2 K's of heroin laced with fentanyl) who she told at conviction (essentially) "I wish I didn't have to give you this sentence." and then, with Covid and prisoners petitioning for release, she denied him but then took it upon herself to get in the retroactive machine and re-sentence him under laws passed after his conviction.

I thought Cruz did what Cruz does, which is latch onto a relatively minor issue (CRT) and then badger her over some books at her kids' school because she proclaimed some naivete on the subject. But still that didn't rise to Kavanaugh level.

who are the R senators that were inappropriate, in your opinion?

Old 04-06-2022, 02:14 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
NJ Senator Corey Booker on Monday stated what was obvious to many observers -- the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee used the hearings as to Judge Jackson more to air grievances than to discuss her qualifications for the appointment. Whining about what happened with Kavanaugh and Barrett is not discussing Jackson.

Notably, he asked: "How qualified must a person be?" No one has creditably stated that Judge Jackson with her training, experience and education is unqualified. What the senators did not state is that Judge Jackson rulings and sentencings had been well inside the norms for judicial action. Remarkably, 70 to 80% of judges go below sentencing guidelines but the Republicans had confirmed Republican judges that did so but now questioned Jackson about her record.

As to the hearing: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...brown-jackson/

He has some good points. The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee should be ashamed of how they conducted themselves during he hearings.

How did our current VP handle herself when she was on the JC when interviewing Kavanaugh? How about Mr Booker himself?

Enough said.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:15 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
who are the R senators that were inappropriate, in your opinion?
Lindsey Graham shouting at her? Hawley interrupting so she could not answer?

Now think: Was Blackburn seeking information when she posited was appears to be a simple question or was it an attempt for a 'gotcha' moment?

Old 04-06-2022, 02:19 PM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Booker, raised on the mean streets of white affluent new jersey is totally down for the cause.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:25 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Lindsey Graham shouting at her? Hawley interrupting so she could not answer?

Now think: Was Blackburn seeking information when she posited was appears to be a simple question or was it an attempt for a 'gotcha' moment?
again, I did not watch wall to wall coverage, and I certainly didn't read the MSM complaining about how she was treated. But I'll go watch those segments.

I already figured Blackburn's question was headed down the gender road and haven't seen that either.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Booker, raised on the mean streets of white affluent new jersey is totally down for the cause.
Was he right or wrong?

Old 04-06-2022, 02:32 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Did anyone ask her if she was a woman?

I honestly wish someone had asked CorBoo if he was a woman. The poor man seems tortured, trying to stay in the closet yet dying to exchange makeup tips with Maxine "Shallow" Waters.

Judge Jackson should have been disqualified when she couldn't define what a woman is. Of course, because she's black and female, any questioning of her would have been racist, sexist, uglyist, etc. She's barely fit to judge a 3rd grade talent contest.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:37 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
Cory Booker is such a drama queen.

Questioning Judge Jackson’s record is not nearly as bad as what Democrats did to Judge Gorsuch, Judge Kavanaugh, and Judge Barrett during their confirmation processes. But, I get it, Democrats always get a free pass to be as outrageous as possible (especially with what they did to Kavanaugh), and their behavior is always okay, because Democrat.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I honestly wish someone had asked CorBoo if he was a woman. The poor man seems tortured, trying to stay in the closet yet dying to exchange makeup tips with Maxine "Shallow" Waters.
A deflection on steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Judge Jackson should have been disqualified when she couldn't define what a woman is. Of course, because she's black and female, any questioning of her would have been racist, sexist, uglyist, etc. She's barely fit to judge a 3rd grade talent contest.
Off the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Cory Booker is such a drama queen.

Questioning Judge Jackson’s record is not nearly as bad as what Democrats did to Judge Gorsuch, Judge Kavanaugh, and Judge Barrett during their confirmation processes. But, I get it, Democrats always get a free pass to be as outrageous as possible (especially with what they did to Kavanaugh), and their behavior is always okay, because Democrat.
You have anything on the thread subject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies