Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 05:34 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Add to that list Herman Cain, Ben Carson and Justice Thomas. If you're black and a republican, they have a license to marginalize you and we let them.
unlikely they voted for xoe, so technically they may not be black

Old 04-06-2022, 05:36 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
His preparation is that he has spent his adulthood communicating with large groups of people and his qualifications are that he wanted to run for senate and met the state criteria…
That sounds very thin to me as qualification for the upper chamber of Congress. We could say the same of Cedric the Entertainer.

Quote:
The Republicans haven’t chosen Walker, Walker has chosen to run - just like…gasp…all the white candidates running for office.
One of his financial backers could have pulled his coattail and said: "Herschel, not this time." That's what happened to the Republican slated to run against Obama. I always thought Ryan should have brazened it out in that race. Your statement sounds like there has been no Republican endorsement of Walker in the race.

Quote:
Or do you think black candidates aren’t capable of running for office, let alone winning, unless given special treatment by the party.
I have dealt solely with his qualifications, which I find lacking. I have also mentioned the strangeness of the GOP in backing this candidate.

Old 04-06-2022, 05:53 PM

6,567 posts, read 6,731,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
That sounds very thin to me as qualification for the upper chamber of Congress. We could say the same of Cedric the Entertainer.

One of his financial backers could have pulled his coattail and said: "Herschel, not this time." That's what happened to the Republican slated to run against Obama. I always thought Ryan should have brazened it out in that race. Your statement sounds like there has been no Republican endorsement of Walker in the race.

I have dealt solely with his qualifications, which I find lacking. I have also mentioned the strangeness of the GOP in backing this candidate.
Methinks you are just upset because he's going to take the seat back for the GOP

Old 04-06-2022, 06:04 PM

899 posts, read 539,822 times
I'm not impressed by Herschel Walker, but when you consider who the president is and his many wild claims and outright lies and sheer incompetence, all I can do is shrug and not care too much about Walker's lack of qualifications. I'm not a GA resident so my input is meaningless, but it is something that despite his many flaws he is polling strongly and looks prime to take the senate seat from Warnock.

Stacey Abrams has even weaker polling so Georgia seems likely to return to the Republican fold. Perhaps 2020 was just an aberration. If Warnock can't save himself, then it's even less likely Ossoff can win reelection either.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:32 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
The thread is about the extent to which Republicans can be patronizing. Identity politics is nothing new and I understand choosing a similar person to criticize a target. Alan Keyes was so bad that the head of the IL GOP (God rest her soul) called some of his statements 'idiotic'.

Can't Republicans come up with a person more qualified than Hershel Walker? If they wanted to run a black person isn't there a black candidate more qualified than Hershel Walker?
Can liberals come up with a judicial candidate that knows what it means to be a woman?

Liberals can purposely pick a black woman that is not qualified - and it's great. The VP would be a great example. Oh no - it's not patronizing, it's PROGRESS.

Republicans pick a black person... it's terrible... patronizing...they are such racists.

You gotta be kidding me... what a joke.

And let's be honest - qualification doesn't matter because you would find another reason to hate. Supreme Court Thomas ain't for black people. Republicans picked a black woman for the Supreme Court years ago - Janice Rogers Brown, and Democrats including Biden blew her away and wouldn't even let her come up to a vote.

This thread is a joke.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:12 PM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
I can't believe Hershel Walker is going to be the R nominee.
Too much baggage, no experience.... sounds like Trump?
Our country is turning into a Banana Republic....
We are $30T in debt, so how are experienced politicians working out for you?

I'm ready for randomly chosen 9th grade honore students from across america to run our country instead.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:36 PM

6,567 posts, read 6,731,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Can liberals come up with a judicial candidate that knows what it means to be a woman?

Liberals can purposely pick a black woman that is not qualified - and it's great. The VP would be a great example. Oh no - it's not patronizing, it's PROGRESS.

Republicans pick a black person... it's terrible... patronizing...they are such racists.

You gotta be kidding me... what a joke.

And let's be honest - qualification doesn't matter because you would find another reason to hate. Supreme Court Thomas ain't for black people. Republicans picked a black woman for the Supreme Court years ago - Janice Rogers Brown, and Democrats including Biden blew her away and wouldn't even let her come up to a vote.

This thread is a joke.
Agree...most of the leftists who post here have become egregiously one-dimensional.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:59 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,753,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Add to that list Herman Cain, Ben Carson and Justice Thomas. If you're black and a republican, they have a license to marginalize you and we let them.
So true.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:21 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
It would be racist to give someone a pass on qualifications just because of his or her race, as I see it.
What are the qualifications to be in the senate? Last I checked the only real qualification is winning the race. The electorate decides if they are qualified. Not you.
Quote:
Let's not deflect the thread but Cain and Carson (and Thomas) were not over-qualified for the positions they sought.

Instead of saying that Democrats picked on the black folks (which they did not do to Colin Powell) maybe folks should think if Republicans had been patronizing in putting up marginal candidates simply because they were black.
Walker wanted to run. Why is it when black republicans run for office someone had to put them up to it? That is a wee bit racist. If someone wants to run for office let them run. You are the one fixated on Walkers race.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:24 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
I'm mentioning his shortcomings because he has them. For the record, I have not studied any polls on the race.
1. Lol, "haven't studied polls" but you know he's ahead....lol.

2. He has many of the same shortcomings that many politicians have. Has he claimed he was native american or named after Sir Edmund Hillary or under sniper fire or that his spouse was killed by a drunk driver or.......

P.S. This is where we call you anti-male and racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.