Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 08:18 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times

Advertisements

Since when do conservatives care about eagles? And why do conservatives hate renewable energy sources so much that they would jump at every opportunity to diss it? More importantly, do conservatives honestly believe fossil fuel will last forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 08:22 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If an idiot Wildlife Conservation Officer/Game Warden/any other name for them see it then, yes. Kind of like the Maryland one who was going to write me a ticket and seize my Over/Under shotgun one day because it wasn't plugged to a three shell limit.

I got a windshield double on red-tailed hawks one day on I97 above Annapolis. This was a couple weeks after I whacked several goats on I70 Cumberland.
I highly doubt you can get a ticket for hitting an endangered bird that flies into your car but I'm open to seeing examples.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:24 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
What if your car is equipped with all sorts of guns and missile launchers like in the old Spy Hunter game?
What do you mean "if" ?

Old 04-07-2022, 08:25 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Since when do conservatives care about eagles? And why do conservatives hate renewable energy sources so much that they would jump at every opportunity to diss it? More importantly, do conservatives honestly believe fossil fuel will last forever?
1- Because it's not reliable

2- It's expensive to implement

3- It's benefits China. We are fully capable of being energy independent. Manufacture our own parts if this is the way so that at least our people benefit.

4- Global warming/ climate change is a hoax - which is the basis of the need for green energy

The earth produces fossil fuel. As long as we don't consume it faster than we can get to it - it should last. People have been saying for decades that we will run out of fossil fuels. It hasn't happened yet.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:25 AM

7,897 posts, read 3,447,226 times
Quote:
Since when do conservatives care about eagles?

American Bald Eagles? The symbol of 'Murica? Of course conservatives care about that!

Old 04-07-2022, 08:26 AM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Most of us conservatives aren't against solutions that work, but most "green energy" either doesn't, or has some pretty dramatic downsides. We're not against electric cars, we're against forcing electric cars right now, the technology isn't there yet to make them completely viable for everyone in all situations.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:27 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1- Because it's not reliable

2- It's expensive to implement

3- It's benefits China. We are fully capable of being energy independent. Manufacture our own parts if this is the way so that at least our people benefit.

4- Global warming/ climate change is a hoax - which is the basis of the need for green energy

The earth produces fossil fuel. As long as we don't consume it faster than we can get to it - it should last. People have been saying for decades that we will run out of fossil fuels. It hasn't happened yet.
Do you wait until your bank account is empty before you get a job to get paid to replenish the bank account?

Old 04-07-2022, 08:29 AM

4,510 posts, read 5,048,411 times
Like every other liberal idea they never consider the consequences ! Build wind farms to produce energy and not think that birds will fly into them . Just like they want to get rid of petroluem to reduce the pollution of gas vehicles not thinking of all the hundreds of products made from petroleum. Apparantly they want to just throw the gas/diesel fuel away. Or make gun laws that only hurt law-abiding folks not thinking that the criminal doesn't care about gun laws. Or pushing electric vehicles not thinking about what they're going to do with all the batteries that wear out, etc.
Actually, I think the common denominator here is that LIBERAL'S DON'T THINK !!

Old 04-07-2022, 08:30 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Most of us conservatives aren't against solutions that work, but most "green energy" either doesn't, or has some pretty dramatic downsides. We're not against electric cars, we're against forcing electric cars right now, the technology isn't there yet to make them completely viable for everyone in all situations.
And most importantly, conservatives don't want the government implementing such solutions.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:37 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I highly doubt you can get a ticket for hitting an endangered bird that flies into your car but I'm open to seeing examples.
A ticket? How many WCOs do you know? I know a bunch and can see more than one of them citing someone. Something like that getting thrown out of Court? Probably.

Some states, California being one, mandate reporting an animal hit (if it's a pet) since it's "property" and you are required to report any accident that results in property damage.

One of the issues being seen now, going back to my first paragraph, is that conservation agencies are now hiring people who are anti-hunting, especially in the bureaucracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies