Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 05:28 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times

Advertisements

This sort of atrocity used to be good for psychological warfare but I think in this digital age it tends to backfire and rally people against you. Old fashioned tactics in a modern war seldom work well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 07:00 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
To anyone with the barest inkling of the history of that region and past actions, the idea that you could have a bloodly conflict with lots of casualties and trauma and NOT have some soldiers shoot, molest or otherwise abuse prisoners or citizenry is beyond the bounds of sane admission of reality.

I don't need to see videos etc. I know it's happened, both sides.

Not being dismissive or downplaying any of it, just being upfront and obvious.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:07 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
To anyone with the barest inkling of the history of that region and past actions, the idea that you could have a bloodly conflict with lots of casualties and trauma and NOT have some soldiers shoot, molest or otherwise abuse prisoners or citizenry is beyond the bounds of sane admission of reality.

I don't need to see videos etc. I know it's happened, both sides.

Not being dismissive or downplaying any of it, just being upfront and obvious.
Russian commander heard on radio ordering troops to kill civilians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLgXzgCfyFc

Old 04-08-2022, 07:19 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Our media and West's obsession with Hitler and Nazi's is beyond me. We hold onto symbols and make such a powerful emotional connection to them. I get it Hitler and the Nazi's were the most terrible representation of humanity in a lifetime. But this situation has nothing to do with them even if people are leveraging their symbols. The key takeaway is that Russian troops are executing civilians, raping, women, and killing little kids as they exit a Ukrainian area.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Russian commander heard on radio ordering troops to kill civilians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLgXzgCfyFc
What's your point in relation to my post?

Old 04-08-2022, 07:25 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
The Russians dont seem to harm anyone here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fOsIY9ioQQ&t=407s

Plus there is a lot of propaganda claiming the Russians did this and that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWSalCoWrwU

Anyone who within hours "knew" what happened is by default discredited. Shortly after WWII the NKVD masqueraded as anti-Soviets Ukrainian Insurgent Army and committed atrocities to discredit them . That was made easy because the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists were actually committing atrocities on pro-Soviets.

Why not ask the Chinese to sort out a gang fight between people from the Bronx vs Queens?

Old 04-08-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Our media and West's obsession with Hitler and Nazi's is beyond me. We hold onto symbols and make such a powerful emotional connection to them. I get it Hitler and the Nazi's were the most terrible representation of humanity in a lifetime. But this situation has nothing to do with them even if people are leveraging their symbols. The key takeaway is that Russian troops are executing civilians, raping, women, and killing little kids as they exit a Ukrainian area.
It shouldn't be a surprise.

Here's your starting point: Most people (including Americans) aren't all that bright and of that portion only a fraction really understand history in any real depth.

So, it's like going out to a huge buffet with a 9 year old who by-passes sushi (what's that?), pad thai, creme brule and a host of other dishes they know nothing about and comes back to the table with chicken strips and a chocolate chip cookie. Hitler is the chicken strips on the menu.

The average idiot knows whom Hitler was. They don't know about Stalin's purges or other actions, they don't know about NanKing....their knowledge of Japan is basically that the war in the east started in 1942 or so (sorry China and Korea) and ended with the US suddenly nuking Japan who'd already surrendered.

Do that's why you get Hitler....or Herr Chicken Strips in pop culture and various other references.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:30 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
don't know but its not the first time . But sure Russian Ukrainians I am sure have nothing to worry about, No Ukrainian sympathetic to Russia has anything to fear including the ones burned alive in Odessa that started the escalation back in 2014.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/WwkDarpU5nvN/

So the game is just report one side in the west and pretend the tit for tat in a civil war doesn't happen, That way we can get involved and maybe get nuked in the process. Just give some notice for the billionaires to get in their bunkers.

BLM riots can burn our cities, steal all the money , but defend Ukraine.
That is a fair point.

Putin should never have invaded, but you have to be a sheep if you think the US mainstream media is reporting the whole story. Thanks for reminding us of this.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:37 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I said the same thing when America contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children during the UN sanctions in the early to mid 1990's.

"Is the price worth it?" She does not deny the price BTW which was half a million children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8

What do you think the press shows in Russia, China or even India? I can tell you even the Indian press does not cover for US casualties . Think maybe they are showing how NATO operates in these theaters ?

https://m.facebook.com/WIONews/video...0276478492428/

In India they see the US as liars.

Old 04-08-2022, 08:03 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
don't know but its not the first time . But sure Russian Ukrainians I am sure have nothing to worry about, No Ukrainian sympathetic to Russia has anything to fear including the ones burned alive in Odessa that started the escalation back in 2014.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/WwkDarpU5nvN/

So the game is just report one side in the west and pretend the tit for tat in a civil war doesn't happen, That way we can get involved and maybe get nuked in the process. Just give some notice for the billionaires to get in their bunkers.

BLM riots can burn our cities, steal all the money , but defend Ukraine.

Horrific as the crimes are we cannot sacrifice 8 billion people for 40 million in a nuclear war with Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies