Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 03:41 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times

Advertisements

You wonder how long this stupidity goes on for. This wave will be like 1/10th what omicron was and most of these people have had Covid now 1-2 times and are vaccinated. I don’t think there’s any risk to them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 03:42 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No, N95 masks do not make a substantial difference. They aren't being mandated, anyway, so who cares if they do? The mandate is for a cloth mask.

The reason these mandates are going to be coming back in places run by Democrats is because the Democrats need a repeat of the 2020 mail-in voting fraud.
Amazing how the mention of mask mandates triggers some folks with 2020 election nightmares. I won't wear a mask because I can't stand them or breathe normally with them. At least where I live it never comes up. If that means the odds of me dying of covid goes up .0001% well that is a chance I am going to take.

But I would say the people at JHU know a heck of a lot more about masks and health than you are I do. Arguing that you somehow understand science more than them is quite silly I must say.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
I'm guessing it's at least $50K, but I don't know.

like $70+, 2 years ago. and few schollies. Plenty of woke-ists want to graduate from their for the resume boost.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:06 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I've got a kid in college and one recently graduated. University masking and Covid testing mandates have been a part of their lives for a couple of years now. How do they feel about it? Fine. They enrolled knowing full well that the mandates were in place.
Well, my children in HS and college realize how stupid forcing people under 30 to mask is. And most other people realize that situational masking (like, while you walk in a restaurant, but not while you eat or talk) is the height of inanity.

I mean, think about it.

If restaurants and big box retailers were superspreader places, we'd have heard by now.

We are left with the truly-endangered (old and seriously immune-compromised, not the peanut allergy folks) at ~ 15% and then the other 85% of us.

If you're in the 15%, then I hope you're taking the necessary personal precautions. As for the 85%, we will go on being "able-ist" or whatever your ilk likes to call the vast majority of Americans.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
N-95 masks do make a difference, and, unlike at the beginning of the pandemic, they are now widely available. My public library passes out 3M N-95s in packets of five for free to whomever asks. Also, DC is experiencing an outbreak, so I'm not surprised that Hopkins and Georgetown are requiring them again. It certainly makes sense for Hopkins with its medical school and research hospital. Even here in Colorado, where cases are low, medical facilities still require that everyone masks.

edited for typos
I would rather hear opinions from doctors and nurses who work in hospitals on whether N-95 masks work. After all, they have to wear them every day, all day.

The major of my small rural town found out in 2020-2021 that masks don't work. It didn't keep the ICU of the local hospital from being overwhelmed. The rest of the hospital was often full. So mask mandate was not reinstated in late summer 2021 when the hospital got overwhelmed again and eventually set up a couple of tents. The local university president didn't see fit to require masks, either, unless performers in the shows at the performing arts center requested the audience wear them. Super country music star Tim McGraw was the only artist who hasn't done so.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:42 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Russia war was supposed to bring us to WW3 by now so they eased back on the COVID stuff for a while. Now that the start to the big war seems to be happening in slow motion there's a big itch to bring COVID back to the front for now.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:45 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Queue up the flat-earthers who, with no apparent medical or scientific training, will declare that they know more about Covid than one of the world's most renowned medical schools.

Regarding your last sentence, "These mask mandates do nothing to stop the spread of COVID, as the past 2 years shows": The past 2 years shows nothing of the sort. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, but saying such things indicates a lack of scientific or medical training. Or common sense, for that matter. Not to mention the inability to draw a logical conclusion from available data.
Yep...this anti vaxxer is complaining about a temporary mask mandate when China is now LOCKING DOWN AGAIN DUE TO COVID...sheesh...

Old 04-07-2022, 07:52 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Yep...this anti vaxxer is complaining about a temporary mask mandate when China is now LOCKING DOWN AGAIN DUE TO COVID...sheesh...
There’s nothing stopping American liberals from moving to China to live in the medical police state they are trying to impose in this country. If any libs need help buying a one way ticket to China message me.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:55 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Your analogy is ridiculous.

Here's a better exercise. Pick any state that had a mask mandate and compare the COVID numbers to states that didn't have a mask mandate. There's no significant difference, which tells any rational person how useful masks are at stopping the spread of COVID.

But, I get that liberals are often not rational people. It's actually understandable given the propaganda campaign they subject themselves to by only accepting news from the government and its propaganda outlets.
Isn’t D.C. majority vaccinated?

Old 04-07-2022, 07:57 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
This isn’t China and weren’t they held up as better containing the virus because they all wear masks? It seems that was on some threads here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies