Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 05:42 PM

995 posts, read 510,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It is not my 'loss'. Did you even read my posting on not being able to visit my dying wife?

It is a loss for everyone involved. But these days we might have to settle with a cell phone app or a through the window encounter, if it is too dangerous to expose people to an airborne infectious agent.

My doctor daughter has some long term care facilities under her direction. In the right circumstance, I can't imagine any human being able to get past her! She has had to explain and comfort some families earlier on.

One important part of future pandemic planning is just this. We needed to have more fluid and safe protocols, along with safe and easily used personal isolation body bags, if you will, for visitors in this situation. Problems have been with getting proper PPE for staff in the first place. And then having the staff and time to engage and monitor these visits. Of course as the Pandemic has more recently evolved, this is less of a problem.
Actually, I was able to visit my sister-in-law in the ICU after her major surgery - sure, I had to wear a mask, but they had zero problems letting me in to see her, with no time limit. Yes, there were covid patients on that floor, but they were in negative-pressure rooms. Nurses seemed calm and laid-back. This was in November of 2020, when the Delta wave was breaking.

Now, in Florida, all hospitals will allow visitors, no matter what. Anybody thinks this is a problem, they're wrong. I've seen how this works in person, and it's no problem at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 05:47 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If the dems can't kill old people and children, who will they have to kill then?
If history is any indication, everybody else.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:58 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Actually, I was able to visit my sister-in-law in the ICU after her major surgery - sure, I had to wear a mask, but they had zero problems letting me in to see her, with no time limit. Yes, there were covid patients on that floor, but they were in negative-pressure rooms. Nurses seemed calm and laid-back. This was in November of 2020, when the Delta wave was breaking.

Now, in Florida, all hospitals will allow visitors, no matter what. Anybody thinks this is a problem, they're wrong. I've seen how this works in person, and it's no problem at all.
This is why this has to remain a medical not a state issue. Every hospital and medical care center will have different risks and those risks will vary with time. The new and too broad mandate will not always fit. So it has to be left up to the medical committees of each HC institution.

For instance with my wife's early case Mar/Apr 2020 it was deemed too dangerous and difficult for me to visit. Today is a whole other picture of risk, and visitation much easier and safer. The Pandemic has evolved and the medical recommendations then follow with appropriate change.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:23 PM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This is why this has to remain a medical not a state issue. Every hospital and medical care center will have different risks and those risks will vary with time. The new and too broad mandate will not always fit. So it has to be left up to the medical committees of each HC institution.

For instance with my wife's early case Mar/Apr 2020 it was deemed too dangerous and difficult for me to visit. Today is a whole other picture of risk, and visitation much easier and safer. The Pandemic has evolved and the medical recommendations then follow with appropriate change.
No, the medical and public health “experts” have proven they are not to be trusted with such matters.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:33 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No, the medical and public health “experts” have proven they are not to be trusted with such matters.
Of course I disagree since I don't consider inpatient HC as part of Caesar's realm. IMO letting government decide on the care of these patients and families is way too general in application. I don't believe that the medical communities will stand for it.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:45 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
this shouldn't be an issue much longer. Biden said last July 4th, Covid "no longer controls our lives, it no longer paralyzes our nation and it’s within our power to make sure it never does so again."

Old 04-09-2022, 07:03 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
If DeSantis was not so stupid about vaccines and masks, he would not have to worry about so many people dying alone. Now with no masks, no vaccine and free rein to spread the virus to any and every one, there will be multiple generations of the dying. Who is going to be there when the great grand parents, the grand parents, and the parents are dying and dead and all that's left in the hospitals are children?
oh my lollers.

FL still trails NY in deaths/MM. By the date the vaccines rolled out, NY had about 2x as many deaths as FL.

What's FL's population of 2-vaxx 65+ vs NY's?

Old 04-09-2022, 07:13 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
oh my lollers.

FL still trails NY in deaths/MM. By the date the vaccines rolled out, NY had about 2x as many deaths as FL.

What's FL's population of 2-vaxx 65+ vs NY's?
And every other week we discover another 4k deaths in NYS that have been covered up.

God knows how many they actually covered up that we haven't found yet...

Old 04-10-2022, 09:50 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
And every other week we discover another 4k deaths in NYS that have been covered up.

God knows how many they actually covered up that we haven't found yet...
With every passing week, I am more and more convinced that ALL statistics related in any way to Covid cannot be trusted AT ALL and that anyone who trusts (almost) any agency connected with any large government is a fool.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:53 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
With every passing week, I am more and more convinced that ALL statistics related in any way to Covid cannot be trusted AT ALL and that anyone who trusts (almost) any agency connected with any large government is a fool.
I presume everything the Government or any agency connected with the Government tells me is patently false until proven otherwise. Even then I verify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies