Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 02:31 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Also, Disney owns ESPN, FX, National Geographic Channel, and ABC. It owns half of Lifetime/A&E Networks as well. One pretty much has to cancel cable, Hulu and any streaming that has those channels, not just Disney Plus.

So THAT's what happend to all those channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 02:31 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I read just today that Disney is expanding their park hours because of the massive crowds.
Understandable.

Old 04-10-2022, 03:07 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Loved Disney and The Wonderful World of Disney growing up in the 1960's and 1970's.

My children and I loved the Disney animation of the 1990's.

We will not participate in anything "Disney" going forward.

It hurts to say goodbye but as the saying goes, we didn't leave them, they left us.

Like all good things, they had a good run, and now it has come to an end.

We will find joy and entertainment elsewhere. Guaranteed.
Yep.

Old 04-10-2022, 03:25 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Well, people are still free to where to spend their money. IMHO, Disney will shift its markets more and more to Communist China for a profit. They couldn’t care less if homosexuals are sent to re-education camps, along with other ethnic groups.

Disney, like the NBA is full of “sheet.”

The real victims with be the City of Orlando in the long run.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:22 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
"There is no safety for honest men, but by believing all possible evil of evil men...."

- Edmund Burke
He also said:

"No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear."

I read the article in the OP and comments thereto. Lots of minds robbed of reasoning by fear.

Now it's believed that the queens in old European royal families were really men? If that's not an example of reasoning being robbed by fear, I don't know what is.

Yeah, sure there were gay people in royal families, but c'mon! Get a grip on reality. Believing in "evil" to the extent where you see it in every corner crosses a line from safety to paranoia.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:26 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Eh, whatever. We still have a subscription to the Disney channel. It's been awhile since I've had young children, so the parks aren't high on my priority list, but if I'm ever so lucky to have grandchildren, I'll be there with bells on.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:30 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I read just today that Disney is expanding their park hours because of the massive crowds.
Oh no doubt.

Most of the population of the country are avid crowd followers.

I don't expect that Disney will lose any profits, not enough to hurt them. They are far too big and beloved regardless of what they do by the unquestioning mass majority of people.

Just a sad loss to the small group of us that used to love them to but refuse to be a part of, or support, their new agenda for children.

Old 04-10-2022, 05:08 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I highly doubt there's going to be LGBT stuff in any prominent way at Disney World. Nobody is going to be stupid enough to do something like that.

I could be wrong though.
So what is the idea?

Will Disneyworld turn into like a giant Gay pride parade in the West Village? Will I bring my kid there and see wild hairy men in azzless chaps, grinding on other dudes? DOmiatrix cross dressers whipping Teletubbies? Mickey passing out inflatable dildos? lol.

It may be a 'magical' place,..but not really for kids , eh?

Old 04-11-2022, 06:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Understandable.
It's a holiday week. They do this EVERY YEAR.

Has nothing to do with anything political, in spite of posters pretending and promoting that it does.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Oh no doubt.

Most of the population of the country are avid crowd followers.

I don't expect that Disney will lose any profits, not enough to hurt them. They are far too big and beloved regardless of what they do by the unquestioning mass majority of people.

Just a sad loss to the small group of us that used to love them to but refuse to be a part of, or support, their new agenda for children.
It's a holiday week. They do this every year.

In spite of posters pretending that it has to do with some political issue. It doesn't. It's part of their normal SOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies