Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 03:39 AM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Disney is currently up .09% since one month ago.

Oh the horror they are experiencing.
Why the increase - have you seen the prices? Many Disney fans aren't going, not because of the wokeness, but because it's far too expensive and they don't receive the enticements they once received. Check out some youtube videos. They are going to be fighting on 2 fronts - the anti-woke and loyal supporters who have been outpriced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 03:49 AM

266 posts, read 91,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Will Disney’s “Woke” Agenda Kill Walt Disney’s Dream?… People Begin Canceling Trips To Disney and Disney+ Subscriptions

“We’ve all known for years that Disney is left-wing, but many of us somewhat tolerated it bc their product gives our children joy,” Father of four Kurt Buchert said. “But that Zoom call we all heard this week is utterly insane… a group of woke gay activists talking about an agenda to foist on our children about trans and LGBT ideology. It’s blatant child abuse and grooming. Way over the line.”

Another Daily Wire interviewee, Aaron Sherrill, said, “The events of the past few weeks have convinced us that we will never give Disney any of our money again. We are disgusted with them. I would be sad if I wasn’t so revolted by their actions of late.”

Sherrill and his wife Catherine have been Disney annual pass holders for nearly 10 years, and “spent tons of money” on the parks, merchandise, and streaming service.

Disney has been a major part of many people’s lives, and many parents undoubtedly wanted to share the magic they experienced with Disney with their children. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to give up the things you love to stand up for your values and beliefs.

I know many want people to cancel Disney because of their stance... I get it.

But in the larger picture, this is not good because people won't be spending money on these trips, and on the TV channels. In the end, it hurts the economy. In the end, the reduces our tax revenue and our ability to pay the country's bills that our elected government official continue to mismanage.

Ultimately - we all lose.

Now I am not saying to continue to support Disney... that's up to each person. But the depravity that they have decided to push has more far reaching circumstances to the country.
They will spend the money elsewhere.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:50 AM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Disney won't be hurting if some cancel their trips. The fact is, the majority don't let politics decide where they go on vacation.
https://wdwnt.com/2021/08/disney-hot...%20over%20week.

Wrong!!

Old 04-08-2022, 03:54 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times
Disney already made my boycotted woke list some time ago when they were pushing the same racist employee training agenda that Coca Cola embarked on.

3 years running ('17, '18, '19) I paid for my daughter and her husband to take my Granddaughters to Disneyland. There will be no further funds heading from my accounts into Disney coffers. Get woke...Go broke.

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Did you catch the date of that article? That's from last summer when covid cases surged in Florida not from the last month.

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Will Disney’s “Woke” Agenda Kill Walt Disney’s Dream?… People Begin Canceling Trips To Disney and Disney+ Subscriptions

“We’ve all known for years that Disney is left-wing, but many of us somewhat tolerated it bc their product gives our children joy,” Father of four Kurt Buchert said. “But that Zoom call we all heard this week is utterly insane… a group of woke gay activists talking about an agenda to foist on our children about trans and LGBT ideology. It’s blatant child abuse and grooming. Way over the line.”

Another Daily Wire interviewee, Aaron Sherrill, said, “The events of the past few weeks have convinced us that we will never give Disney any of our money again. We are disgusted with them. I would be sad if I wasn’t so revolted by their actions of late.”

Sherrill and his wife Catherine have been Disney annual pass holders for nearly 10 years, and “spent tons of money” on the parks, merchandise, and streaming service.

Disney has been a major part of many people’s lives, and many parents undoubtedly wanted to share the magic they experienced with Disney with their children. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to give up the things you love to stand up for your values and beliefs.

I know many want people to cancel Disney because of their stance... I get it.

But in the larger picture, this is not good because people won't be spending money on these trips, and on the TV channels. In the end, it hurts the economy. In the end, the reduces our tax revenue and our ability to pay the country's bills that our elected government official continue to mismanage.

Ultimately - we all lose.

Now I am not saying to continue to support Disney... that's up to each person. But the depravity that they have decided to push has more far reaching circumstances to the country.
I wouldn't worry about the economy. People can find other things to do with the money, other places to travel to, etc.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:59 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Why many if not most large corporations are going full blown Far Left and overtly political about it can only mean they think most people and almost all younger people embrace this Fascism and Racism. I think they are wrong and it will bite them in the @ss.

Old 04-08-2022, 04:09 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why many if not most large corporations are going full blown Far Left and overtly political about it can only mean they think most people and almost all younger people embrace this Fascism and Racism. I think they are wrong and it will bite them in the @ss.
I would imagine Disney has some pretty high level analysts much more educated than you that have weighed the pros and cons of the situation and have determined it won't. Companies don't just make decisions like this on a whim.

Old 04-08-2022, 04:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I would imagine Disney has some pretty high level analysts much more educated than you that have weighed the pros and cons of the situation and have determined it won't. Companies don't just make decisions like this on a whim.
LOL - Pilot's work on the boards here is always really good...well thought out arguments...

Disney looks like they are making a huge mistake here, to me.

Old 04-08-2022, 04:13 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL - Pilot's work on the boards here is always really good...well thought out arguments...

Disney looks like they are making a huge mistake here, to me.
Glad to hear it's "really good" and his opinion means more than analysts at Disney

Out of curiosity, he seems to think Disney's actions are racist. Maybe you or him can clarify that part of the statement (I clearly missed that part).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies