Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2022, 07:15 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

I thought the protesters were going off about the rise in crime and stupid policies that are letting criminals back onto the streets but no all that anger was over the mask mandates.

Is Adams having a Trudeau moment? Is he digging in his heels out of spite? I say drop the mandates. If you want to wear a mask then by all means do if not then that is up to you.

Isn't it odd that Adams is forcing others to wear masks yet on a crowded NYC street with people screaming in his face he is not wearing a mask?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 09:18 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Adams has more important issues on his hands.

Florida's LGBTQxyx community for starters.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:55 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Let NYC deteriorate ... just be sure to build some sort of containment mechanism 50 to 100 miles outside the city to contain the spread of crime and unrest.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:32 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Let NYC deteriorate ... just be sure to build some sort of containment mechanism 50 to 100 miles outside the city to contain the spread of crime and unrest.
We can't keep saying let "this city" deteriorate. How many cities need to deteriorate before everyone moves to Florida and Texas? Eventually it will get to your city.

It's not about about the cities - it's about the people in the cities. It's about truth instead of false narratives. It's about love of country instead of continued divisiveness.

I don't know what the solution is, other than it starts with truth.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:37 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We can't keep saying let "this city" deteriorate. How many cities need to deteriorate before everyone moves to Florida and Texas? Eventually it will get to your city.

It's not about about the cities - it's about the people in the cities. It's about truth instead of false narratives. It's about love of country instead of continued divisiveness.

I'm sick of that, too. In other words, let's just give up, give up to POS (not sure how to punctuate that in plural).

EDIT: Nothing personal to the previously quoted poster.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 04-09-2022 at 09:08 PM..

Old 04-10-2022, 09:16 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm sick of that, too. In other words, let's just give up, give up to POS (not sure how to punctuate that in plural).

EDIT: Nothing personal to the previously quoted poster.
No offense taken. I don't mean any disrespect to individual people. I hold a strong opinion that urbanity as displayed in NYC is an archaic relic of the 19th and 20th centuries, something we have the capability to evolve beyond if our leaders would let us do so. Our internet based technologies render cities obsolete and short of an apocalyptic event that would send all of humanity back to the stone ages, we are not going back to the pre-internet era. When I say let a city deteriorate I am thinking about it as a removal of an obstacle to our continued evolution.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:24 PM

398 posts, read 206,154 times
Andrew Cuomo nursing home slaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies