Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 10:33 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times

Advertisements

Hey, uncle Joe thinks poor kids are just as bright as rich kids and he would want Kids growing up in a racial jungle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 10:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Particularly in California.
We both agree Democrats in California are cowards and paid off by the rich silicon valley types.

Imagine if we in America, built our cities with zoning similar to Barcelona or Amsterdam

Old 04-09-2022, 12:25 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Sounds like you are talking about republicans.
Huh???
Republicans have been loud about their support for school choice and charter schools.
Trump pushed them aggressively, and my state (VA) just got first Republican Governor in decades who is strongly supporting and helping to fund charter schools.

Our new Republican LT gov is black, and she is seriously pushing school choice as a big help for blacks.

Old 04-09-2022, 04:41 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Or maybe it is getting the better and more interested students out of the toxic public school environment so they can achieve their goals.
I think you just nailed it, but Joe Biden, & his puppetmasters, won't allow them to escape...he's "put'n y'all back in chains" ...his own words.

https://www.politico.com/video/2012/...-chains-011423

Joe is taking the federal funding away from Charter schools, & restricting access in order to cancel them:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...hools-funding/

You'd think Kamala Harris would step in & object to this policy being the first Black VP...why is she MIA on this Why is she not representing

Where are the media, black leaders, Obama & Michelle, Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Jesse Jackson, NAACP?

If I were a Republican in DC, I'd be calling these people out...LOUDLY.

Charter schools are the best chance 3.4M inner-city students have to succeed in life, but Joe is choosing politics over these children's lives.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 04-09-2022 at 04:55 AM..

Old 04-09-2022, 04:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I think it would be better if the failing schools were fixed. Rather than condemning them by bussing kids to other schools

Old 04-09-2022, 04:57 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Nationwide charter schools outperform public schools in the same areas. Joe is all about the cash....totally greedy swamp scum who only cares about himself, and wont follow the science of educational performance.
Charter schools don't accept everyone so they can and do protect their performance levels by only choosing who fit their goals.

So what is being advocated for are schools based on academic performance. Kids who do well go to better schools. Bad students....who cares. They can stay in failing schools.

Somehow I think this will have some negative fallout

Old 04-09-2022, 05:00 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Huh???
Republicans have been loud about their support for school choice and charter schools.
Trump pushed them aggressively, and my state (VA) just got first Republican Governor in decades who is strongly supporting and helping to fund charter schools.

Our new Republican LT gov is black, and she is seriously pushing school choice as a big help for blacks.
Your new Governor, and LT Governor, are awesome...I wish them all the success in the world for chosing kids education over politics. Thanks for sharing that some are fighting for these students right to succeed.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:01 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Joe Biden is undoubtedly racist. He's doing all he can to trap African-American students in failed inner-city schools by restricting charter schools & killing school choice.

Joe is more interested in protecting teacher union jobs, than he is in helping these students escape failed urban schools.

Joe once said he was against school bussing because he didnt want his kids to attend a school that looked like a jungle...or some phrase like that.

Well, he's at it again.

I hope the African-American voters are watching this racist in action, and vote him, & his ilk, out of office on Nov 8th of this year, then again in 2024.

How dare he deny these students the best possible education, just to keep the teacher union campaign $'s flowing to Dems. This Swamp Creature is heartless & corrupt.
Hopefully DeSantis or Scott will get The R nomination in ‘24, and someone other than Biden will get the D nomination, so that the major party choice won’t again be between two racists, Biden and the Birther-in-Chief.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:01 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think it would be better if the failing schools were fixed. Rather than condemning them by bussing kids to other schools
And how much more money are you willing to waste trying to fix them before you say "enough"?

Sometimes it's cheaper and better to replace than to fix. At some point you have to pull the plug.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:10 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
And how much more money are you willing to waste trying to fix them before you say "enough"?

Sometimes it's cheaper and better to replace than to fix. At some point you have to pull the plug.
Your post doesnt really make sense.

If you believe it genuinely is a money issue, then that shows that you believe some schools are underfunded and you dont care.

If you are simply arguing that some schools are better than others, then fine, but since schools will never be equal and I dont see you also supporting school expansion, you are basically admitting to wanting something on paper you would never support in real life.

I mean, are yall really going to allow 10,000 kids to go to a high school meant to hold 2,000? We have whole threads on black parents going to fail for sending their kids to better school districts from their home addresses.

IN truth, this is something that actually cant work, not just us not believing it wont work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies