Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 06:42 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nder-ideology/

From the article: "The state’s Comprehensive Health Education Framework, as given by the Department of Education website here, appears to begin a narrative toward sexual identity education in preschool, teaching three- and four-year-olds that “people express themselves in many different ways,” which quickly turns into recognizing “a range of ways people identify and express their gender” by the time they reach kindergarten. The guidebook is dated July 2020 and June 2021.

Maryland’s gender ideology curriculum becomes more intense as grades progress.

By fourth grade, the schools are instructed to change from teaching “gender identity and expression” to “sexual orientation and identity.” Therefore, nine- and ten-year-olds are being taught to “identify sexual orientation as a person’s physical and/or romantic attraction to an individual of the same and/or different gender.”

Sixth grade instructions distinguish “sex assigned at birth” as separate from “gender identity, and gender expression,” but by seventh grade, children learn to “compare sex assigned at birth and gender identity and explain how they may or may not differ.”

Also in seventh grade, students are taught as part of “sexual health,” m*sturb*tion, as well as anal and oral sex “along with possible outcomes of each.” Further, Maryland’s 12- and 13-year-olds will learn to “recognize racism and intersectionality and describe their impacts on sexual health.”

In high school, students learn to “analyze ways systemic oppression and intersectionality impact the sexual agency of communities of color and other marginalized groups.

What about reading, writing, or arithmetic? Do young people even know that the word "arithmetic" means?

LEAVE CHILDREN ALONE!!! What the h*ll is wrong with people?

The only thing teachers should be teaching about is the human anatomy, in middle school. That's it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 06:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
how can this be?

leftists have repeatedly stated such things never happen.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:43 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post

From the article: "The state’s Comprehensive Health Education Framework, as given by the Department of Education website here, appears to begin a narrative toward sexual identity education in preschool, teaching three- and four-year-olds that “people express themselves in many different ways,” which quickly turns into recognizing “a range of ways people identify and express their gender” by the time they reach kindergarten. The guidebook is dated July 2020 and June 2021.

By fourth grade, the schools are instructed to change from teaching “gender identity and expression” to “sexual orientation and identity.” Therefore, nine- and ten-year-olds are being taught to “identify sexual orientation as a person’s physical and/or romantic attraction to an individual of the same and/or different gender.”

Sixth grade instructions distinguish “sex assigned at birth” as separate from “gender identity, and gender expression,” but by seventh grade, children learn to “compare sex assigned at birth and gender identity and explain how they may or may not differ.”

Also in seventh grade, students are taught as part of “sexual health,” m*sturb*tion, as well as anal and oral sex “along with possible outcomes of each.” Further, Maryland’s 12- and 13-year-olds will learn to “recognize racism and intersectionality and describe their impacts on sexual health.”

In high school, students learn to “analyze ways systemic oppression and intersectionality impact the sexual agency of communities of color and other marginalized groups.

What about reading, writing, or arithmetic? Do young people even know that the word "arithmetic" means?

The only thing teachers should be teaching about is the human anatomy, in middle school. That's it!
How is this grooming children?

Be specific please.

I understand if people don’t want the schools to be the ones to educate about sex. I get that. That’s a reasonable position, not one I take, but reasonable nonetheless.

I don’t understand the leap between sex Ed or gender identity Ed and grooming.

Grooming for what exactly?

Old 04-08-2022, 07:52 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
I'm glad I grew up in the 60s and 70s, when kids were able to still be kids.

Old 04-08-2022, 08:40 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:

Schools must provide all the materials to parents, beforehand. It's the parents decision. They have the right to decide if they want their kids learning some of the material, all of the material or none of it. Parents have always had that right. No one really uses the term Arithmetic anymore because it's just the basics of math....adding, subtracting, division and multiplication.

Old 04-08-2022, 11:05 PM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:

I live in Maryland and I have school age kids. So, this information is certainly interesting. My experience is that some school districts and individual schools push the liberal indoctrination more than others. I know certain schools in my county that are so far wacko liberal that it feels suffocating.

Fortunately, I currently live in an area that is kind of purple, and I'm pretty satisfied with the ratings and academic standards of the schools in this district so far. I have not seen blatantly LGBT stuff being taught in the schools. However, there was an "anti-racist survey" that was sent to middle school students. I made sure to immediately opt out of it. Apparently, black and Hispanic kids have a lot of trouble academically in my county. And of course that is blamed on "racism" by the superintendent and school board.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:36 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
How is this grooming children?

Be specific please.

I understand if people don’t want the schools to be the ones to educate about sex. I get that. That’s a reasonable position, not one I take, but reasonable nonetheless.

I don’t understand the leap between sex Ed or gender identity Ed and grooming.

Grooming for what exactly?
IIRC, back in the olden days we got the birds and bees in 7th grade health class. Better we let Disney and Mattel tell the kids all about what's a girl and what's a boy.

Some reporter asked all those congress people who had tough questions in the hearings to confirm a Supreme Court Justice to tell us all about what's a woman. They couldn't either.

The patriarchy needs to decide if women need to be earning money for the family, or as some of their churches teach, keep their heads covered and their mouths shut.

All this gender Id and pedo stuff is election day posturing. The Council for National Policy is very good with defining issues. The party is very good at working people up into factions.

It's good for them on election day, not so good for the nation.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Schools must provide all the materials to parents, beforehand. It's the parents decision. They have the right to decide if they want their kids learning some of the material, all of the material or none of it. Parents have always had that right. No one really uses the term Arithmetic anymore because it's just the basics of math....adding, subtracting, division and multiplication.
How many schools make these announcements and make sure parents have copies of the lessons as well as opt out forms BEFORE the lessons will be taught?

How many schools prepare alternate lessons or activities so kids won't be sitting there doing nothing while classmates are in the "lessons"?

*crickets*

Watch some school board meetings. It's always OOPS we forgot.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I'm glad I grew up in the 60s and 70s, when kids were able to still be kids.
Yeah, Grooming was much easier for adults to get away with back in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Its not like it happened any less than it does today, it was just not something people talked about in those days, it was brushed under the carpet usually, because it was such an awkward and embarrassing topic.

When I was in middle school, I heard the school principal, teachers and parents, (mine included), laughing and joking about some middle school girl who was 'seeing' a guy in his early 20s...they joked that this guy couldnt get a date with a girl his own age.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:02 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually no, there's no "must" involved, at least in Maryland.

The letter sent home prior to to 9th Graders for the opt out of the Human Sexuality unit in the required Health course is vague and doesn't list any topics.

The curriculum is available upon written request.

I had to ride herd one year on a Senior boy whose mother opted him out of the unit so he was placed elsewhere for a week or two (he'd failed the entire course three times already in 9th, 10th and 11th Grades and needed to pass it in order to graduate).

The kicker was that by the time he was a Senior he'd already fathered three children and had another one on the way.

He failed the entire course again his Senior year (in fact, failed it twice, once in both semesters) and didn't graduate, although Health wasn't the only class he was lacking for graduation, he also failed Senior English and US History at least twice (once for me).

He wasn't academically inclined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies