Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2022, 11:40 AM

1,433 posts, read 665,723 times

Advertisements

It does seem like lefty's don't care about babies too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hoarding. Like the TP shortage. I can't blame people who have kids and I would be doing the same just as I did with TP. But if everyone stopped hoarding, the problem would be far more manageable. In the meantime there is always evaporated milk and karo syrup that millions of boomers were fed as babies.
what information do you have suggesting it's hoarding? Or is this like your stock market predictions?

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
That's because the last time I visited the Jameson Distillery in Dublin, they told me that Biden had asked them to shift production from baby formula back to Irish Whiskey.
It's Ireland, all that means is they put it in different bottles. I kid. I kid.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:42 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It's a joke - lighten up!
How you took it and how it was meant may differ.

I mean, some of us have been here a long time, do you really think that the OP was joking?

Old 05-11-2022, 11:48 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
That's only part of the problem - there were already supply chain shortages and inflation. Sounds like you're taking a page out of Biden's playbook - blame everything else but the real issues. The recall only made things worse. CNN is even reporting this - guess some haven't paid attention.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/w...PRO443WPRMGZA/
There have been supply issues and a lack of competition in the Baby formula market for over a decade. Prices for baby formula are extremely high with no downward pressure due to 2 companies owning the entire market.

If your child has allergies or digestive issues and requires a special formula within the last 10 years then God help you and your bank account.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:51 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
You conservatives are seriously clueless if you think the Dems control the making of baby formula
Can we blame Trump for that 2020 Toilet paper shortage?
It makes sense to blame it on him considering he was so full of it.

Last edited by Bobdreamz; 05-11-2022 at 12:09 PM..

5,294 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Was there a recall on bean w bacon soup, french dressing, spaghetti sauce and all the other stuff still not showing up?
I went grocery shopping last night...nothing was out of stock at my Giant Eagle...save for some of the odd ball soda's that are out there....it had fully stocked shelves just like pretty much every other time I go there.

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Nice job Democrats. Again.
https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...-COVID-19.aspx

"Since the outbreak of COVID-19, there have been significant shortages of infant formulas in some stores. Current shortages have been largely caused by supply chain issues and a recall of several contaminated baby formula products. Check with your local stores or online retailers about availability."

Dems aren't responsible for a pandemic or contaminated baby formula products.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:58 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hoarding. Like the TP shortage. I can't blame people who have kids and I would be doing the same just as I did with TP. But if everyone stopped hoarding, the problem would be far more manageable. In the meantime there is always evaporated milk and karo syrup that millions of boomers were fed as babies.
Or how about the mother do what she's supposed to do and breast feed...unless the child is adopted then of course use this solution.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
The formula company is saying that it was determined that they were not to have caused the illness but the FDA still won’t let them re-open, 3 months later. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lity-safe.html

I’m a huge advocate for breastfeeding but moms who have been using formula can’t suddenly start lactating and they really do need formula for their babies. I would be scared if I was a mom with a baby who was on formula right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies