Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 08:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What is the suicide rate for transgender kids? Kids defined as 17 and younger.

How many elementary school kids who identify openly as transgender have killed themselves?

How many kids who identify as transgender are killing themselves every year?

Without any statistics, you have no argument. I'd bet more fat kids kill themselves every year. Yet, where is PE class? Where is the healthy food in the cafeteria?
Harrowing statistics from a study recently published by the American Academy of Pediatrics revealed alarming levels of attempted suicide among transgender youth -- with the highest rates among transgender boys and non-binary youth. Or is the American Academy of Pediatrics far too liberal for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why don't you give them crack, too? Makes them much happier?

I can't tell if you are serious anymore. Your arguments are really REALLY horrible lately.
In other words, don't take a chance on helping a troubled transgender kid get happy most of all if it means helping them to transition to the opposite sex. But I understand what the situation is about. It took a long time for society to accept there could be such a thing as gay rights, such as same sex marriage. Now it's hard to understand how there could possibly be transgender rights for youth.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Children are bullied in school for all sorts of reasons. What makes trannies so special that they're worthy of special protection?
Okay, then don't worry about children who get bullied. If they end up killing themselves then that is life.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:33 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
“If the good Lord”???

JFC.

If the good Lord decides your child should be born with a heart defect then maybe as parents you should just live with that too.

I thought parental autonomy was God to the right.

I guess not.

Only if it is something they agree with.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:34 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, no wonder I feel that parents should feel quite blessed and thankful if they have no children troubled by gender identity issues. For the ones who do, people being vehemently opposed to how they want to help their child can't make anybody's lives easier. But I can't imagine how a male lesbian is in any position to be any happier after sex change drug therapy or surgery.
a 'male lesbian'?
you mean a man who's attracted to women?

I'm pretty sure that's still the norm. why would such a person need or want sex change drug therapy or surgery?

Old 04-10-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
When you take a child who is already confused growing up in a very confusing world and you try to tell them they were born something they weren’t, then start mutilating their body, and that’s what this does, as someone who is a hormonal expert, you are destroying the health and psychology of that child permanently for life. Under the guise of a modern day psychopathic, crazed movement. That will one day be looked back upon with great regret…This is the most common sense law I’ve heard of being passed in a very long time. What do you do when the child grows up and turns 16 to 18 or so and looks at you as his or her mom and dad and says “you know what this was a mistake“. Do you know what you can do about it? Absolutely nothing. You are scarred, maimed and damaged for the rest of your life. Both mentally and physically.
Who is trying to tell their children to change over to the opposite sex they were born with? The topic is how to best handle children who insist they were born of the wrong sex. Treat them or tell them to wait until they are adults of least 18 or 21?

Old 04-10-2022, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a 'male lesbian'?
you mean a man who's attracted to women?

I'm pretty sure that's still the norm. why would such a person need or want sex change drug therapy or surgery?
If serious, it shows how out of touch people can be with gender issues. A male lesbian is a male who thinks he was born meant to be a woman but is sexually attracted to women. What a strange way to be. It's a major reason why people have a problem with males claiming gender issues going into female restrooms.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Says who.

Ken Paxton

https://19thnews.org/2022/03/texas-b...on-ken-paxton/

And others.

The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Texas Pediatric Society disagree. And when it comes to medical issues, I think I'll trust the doctors who know what the F they are talking about, over some meat heads on here that don't.

https://www.aap.org/en/news-room/new...sgender-youth/
Quote:

The overwhelming predominance of scientific research confirms that being transgender is not a phase, nor is it an affectation; rather it is a natural expression of the human condition. Gender affirming medical treatments are not experimental. Rather, they are well-studied and well-supported by scores of scientific research conducted across the globe. This makes the premise that evidence-based, gender-affirming care equates to child abuse, inconsistent with the definition of child abuse. Inappropriately involving a state child protection agency and subjecting transgender patients and their families to investigations that can result in civil or criminal penalties is damaging and will result in negative consequences.
https://www.luriechildrens.org/en/ne...t-child-abuse/

Old 04-10-2022, 08:53 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If serious, it shows how out of touch people can be with gender issues. A male lesbian is a male who thinks he was born meant to be a woman but is sexually attracted to women. What a strange way to be. It's a major reason why people have a problem with males claiming gender issues going into female restrooms.
that's the nuttiest thing I've heard this month.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i don’t know why this is a left vs right issue. just goes to show you how off the rails democrats have become

It isn't. It's a medical issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies