Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 08:28 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,230,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how many kids would this law have to save from a lifetime of regret in order to be worth the trouble, in your opinion?
Exactly.

Over 75% of kids/minors going thru "gender" dysphoria recover and move on to normal lives.

It's the kids that are given drugs prior to puberty/legal age that are at risk - the hormone blocking drugs change their brain chemistry *forever*.

These kids are then MORE at risk for severe depression/regret/suicide because they cannot *undo* their altered brain chemistry.

Twisting this around is what the woke left does best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 08:29 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, SilkHammer, do you also pretty strongly think kids should kill themselves who believe they should have been born of the opposite sex?

Actually, I worry about what trans kids are going through, not what God or Satan thinks.
How many 3-9 year old kids are “killing themselves” because of their perceived gender.
Secretary Buttigieg said the Florida Parents Right Law is “killing children” yesterday on the View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But those laws aren't needed. Unless you're telling me Alabama has a significant problem with this issue, the law has no effectiveness
If they are not needed, then what worry about an Law that will never be used?

Quote:
Nope...that's not my logic.

The. comment made was if it saves one child, by that logic we should have way more laws on the books.

From what we know, there has been no record of any parent in any state who forced a minor to have any kind of gender modifying medicines or procedures that later the child changed their mind on.
Try Google - “transgender reversal” and/ detransitioning.
It’s astounding how many of these Transitions & detransitions have taken place since 2009.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:46 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
How many children have been recorded as adversely impacted by a physician administering treatment to change gender....and specifically how many in Alabama

Dies Alabama allow minors to get plastic surgery to change their apoearance?
Another one who equates any medical procedure to be the same as breast removal and gender organ castration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Inconvenient facts the child groomers ignore:

- suicide rates are high for transgender people even after transitioning
- hormone replacement increases your risk for cancer
- surgically altering the genitals can reduce sensation
- the whole issue of fertility being affected later in life for a decision made during childhood
- children are constantly trying on new identities throughout childhood and will go in and out of phases

you can not compare this to a nose job. I know exactly why there is a comparison being made between gender reassignment surgery and a nose job and it not a comparable surgery from a medical standpoint.

My question for the groomers: Why are you so in favor of a child making a life altering decision while still in childhood?
We won’t be getting an answer to that question - it’s been asked many times.

I will say I had no idea how much MONEY was involved in all this Transgender stuff.
Trans folks are on Hormones for the rest of their lives, just to mention one type of drug.

Many big names involved in the entire business — and it’s VERY LUCRATIVE.
It’s also VERY Far Leftist.

Who Are the Rich, White Men Institutionalizing Transgender Ideology? - The Federalist , February 2018

Transgenderism: A New Medical and Lifestyle Market

It seems obvious now to look at the money behind transgenderism. Many new markets have opened because of it. The first gender clinic for children opened in Boston in 2007. In the past ten years, more than 30 clinics for children with purported gender dysphoria have arisen in the United States alone, the largest serving 725 patients.

Over the past decade, there has been an explosion in transgender medical infrastructure across the United States and world to “treat” transgender people. In addition to gender clinics proliferating across the United States, hospital wings are being built for specialized surgeries, and many medical institutions are clamoring to get on board with the new developments.

As usual …. Follow the Money

Old 04-09-2022, 08:51 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
There was a day, not too long ago, when someone like that ^^ would have found themselves inside a locked psych facility.

As an aside, the "cat guy" in that photo ended up committing suicide.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Another one who equates any medical procedure to be the same as breast removal and gender organ castration.

We won’t be getting an answer to that question - it’s been asked many times.

I will say I had no idea how much MONEY was involved in all this Transgender stuff.
Trans folks are on Hormones for the rest of their lives, just to mention one type of drug.

Many big names involved in the entire business — and it’s VERY LUCRATIVE.
It’s also VERY Far Leftist.

Who Are the Rich, White Men Institutionalizing Transgender Ideology? - The Federalist , February 2018

Transgenderism: A New Medical and Lifestyle Market

It seems obvious now to look at the money behind transgenderism. Many new markets have opened because of it. The first gender clinic for children opened in Boston in 2007. In the past ten years, more than 30 clinics for children with purported gender dysphoria have arisen in the United States alone, the largest serving 725 patients.

Over the past decade, there has been an explosion in transgender medical infrastructure across the United States and world to “treat” transgender people. In addition to gender clinics proliferating across the United States, hospital wings are being built for specialized surgeries, and many medical institutions are clamoring to get on board with the new developments.

As usual …. Follow the Money
Predicted to be a billion dollar industry worldwide in 2024.

Global sex change surgery market will surpass USD 968 Million by 2024; according to a new research study published by Global Market Insights, Inc. The number of transgender and intersex people opting for sex change surgical procedures across the globe is on rise, especially in the developed regions of United States. There has been a surge in the patients wanting to change their sex from male to female or vice versa, increasing nearly fourfold in the last decade boosting the demand for sex reassignment surgical procedures.

U.S. dominated the North America sex change surgery market and valued at USD 97.23 million in 2017. According to The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), plastic surgeons in the U.S. performed more than 3,250 sex change operations in the year 2016, increasing by almost 19% as compared to the number of surgical procedures carried out previous year. Increase in insurance support along with rise in awareness and social acceptance will escalate the demand for sex change surgeries will only rise over the coming years.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...027819341?op=1

Old 04-09-2022, 09:01 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Religion should be kept out of politics. She can believe what she wants but don't impose your belief on others. What if their parents are fine with this. Why are their rights being taken away just because the government doesn't agree with their decisions. Many don't believe in god. But if you do, then you believe he gave us free will to choose our own actions and our destiny. If we all thought the same then we would be robots.
It isn't religion, it is science! What if parents are fine with it? Yeah, what if parents are fine with pimping out their kids for cash, and the kids don't mind, is that OK? I don't think you know much about parents!

Quote:
Says who.
Seriously, kids have to be protected. Are you not familiar with Child Protective Services, and the kinds of stories that come out about what happens to children even when the parents are either doing it or aware of it. Ever heard of Munchausen by proxy?

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/munchausen-by-proxy

Parents have a lot of control over what a child thinks!

Quote:
The governor cited god in her decision. Many would say believing in an unknown entity is insane. The question is, are you for or against government interfering in our personal lives.
I don't think that "many" would believe that believing in an unknown to them entity was insane. Government interferes with all of our lives, where have you been?

Quote:
But those laws aren't needed. Unless you're telling me Alabama has a significant problem with this issue, the law has no effectiveness
AL is just ahead of the possibility that now that the transgender lifestyle is being promoting that children in their state will be harmed.

Quote:
There is no record in Alabama of any child being at risk or potentially at risk.

Using your argument it would be rational for any governor to ban all guns because there is the risk of at least one child being killed by a gun.
You do realize that medical records are not open to the public? If not, where have you been? They cannot realize patient information. I lived in AL for awhile, and they were doing fine, but you seem to have an issue with AL.

Quote:
But it seems to be worse in Alabama.......
No, AL is just the first to do this. Other states usually follow once a state steps up to get the ball rolling.

Quote:
Nope...that's not my logic.

The. comment made was if it saves one child, by that logic we should have way more laws on the books.

From what we know, there has been no record of any parent in any state who forced a minor to have any kind of gender modifying medicines or procedures that later the child changed their mind on.
Again, medical records are not open to the public. We don't know what some may have knowledge of through other sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
NOT A CHILD. You're not really mature until around age 30. Again I ask, if a child can "make this decision" why can't they get a driver's license, join the military, enter into contracts, vote, buy alcohol and tobacco, stay out all night, get a job...

INSANE. It's probably the parents who brainwashed the child into this. Or the "schools," which are becoming brainwashing factories more than education factories.

So many kids can't read or write or do figures or know any history or geography when they "graduate" from 12th grade. How about we focus on that first? There's plenty of time later to ruin your life if you so choose. But you should do it as an ADULT.
Exactly! But, it is important to get these kids "converted" before they get older, before they are able to make rational decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So this also means no more nose jobs to 14 years olds because mommy wants them to win the upcoming beauty pageants?
Really? Cutting off and reshaping of genitals and long term drug therapy vs. taking a bump off a nose? OK, if you had to undergo one or the other, which would you choose.

Quote:
How many children have been recorded as adversely impacted by a physician administering treatment to change gender....and specifically how many in Alabama

Dies Alabama allow minors to get plastic surgery to change their apoearance?
Again, don't you get that medical records are not open to the public? You are talking about a surface change vs cutting off, reshaping and drug therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Inconvenient facts the child groomers ignore:

- suicide rates are high for transgender people even after transitioning
- hormone replacement increases your risk for cancer
- surgically altering the genitals can reduce sensation
- the whole issue of fertility being affected later in life for a decision made during childhood
- children are constantly trying on new identities throughout childhood and will go in and out of phases

you can not compare this to a nose job. I know exactly why there is a comparison being made between gender reassignment surgery and a nose job and it not a comparable surgery from a medical standpoint.

My question for the groomers: Why are you so in favor of a child making a life altering decision while still in childhood?
They have to get them before the children become old enough to make an informed choice. Also, we know they want children in general to be able to dictate who they have sex with, pedos!

Quote:
Exactly. Of course it is for political show.

I strongly don't support major physical measures for a minor but don't think there is a need for a law to address this issue.
To protect children, they need a law. I don't see why you so oppose children being protected, but.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
In general I do not. HOWEVER, if it takes government to stop this child grooming and child abuse then I'll hold my nose and back it. Whatever it takes to protect our children should be done.
Agree. There are many laws to specifically protect children from harm. It is unfortunate that this is even an issue. I think for some parents we are talking Munchausen by proxy:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/munchausen-by-proxy

"Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP) -- or Munchausen by proxy -- is a psychological disorder marked by attention-seeking behavior by a caregiver through those who are in their care."

They say it is usually the mother. How much influence does a mother have over her child? An unhappy child might think they would be happier as the other sex, just like those that feel if they were thinner, they would be happier. I think maybe the parents are failing the kids as parents should be role models to the kids, that being a boy or a girl is equally good.

I can see Biden pushing this as he is definitely interested in making more little girls, and I read the big increase is in girls wanting to be boys. I just think maybe women/mothers need to send the message that being a girl isn't a bad thing. I don't know what is wrong with these girls, but I think all this crap is a fad, and when the thrill wears off...............

Transgender regret? Google it.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...nder-decisions

"She believes transition is essential for some gender dysphoric youth, but questions a treatment approach she said pushes young people too forcefully in that direction."

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/970223

"In a unique Zoom conference, a number of detransitioners enumerated the ways they said the medical establishment initially failed them when they transitioned to the opposite gender, and again, when they decided to go back to their natal gender."

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-activist.aspx

"I didn't think any change was going to be enough in the end and I thought it was better to work on changing how I felt about myself, than changing my body. I've seen similarities in the way I experience gender dysphoria, in the way I experience other body image issues."

Maybe the secret is in learning to accept who they are, having guidance to help with their feelings?

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 04-09-2022 at 09:56 AM..

Old 04-09-2022, 09:10 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
What's disturbing about all of this are the people who are trying to defend the parents, doctors, and other "adults" who are actually doing this to kids. They apparently have no problem with kids making decisions that could have life-long ramifications.

Laws like this have to be put in place because the left is using the children as pawns in trying to push their agenda.

Children today can already get birth control and abortions without their parent's consent or knowledge, they can get vaccinated without their parent's knowledge, and school districts are now working to allow them to have a different "identity" at school without their parent's knowledge.

So if a child is apparently mentally capable of deciding their "gender identity" and making decisions that could affect them for the rest of their life, why are we stopping there. Why do you have to be 21 to drink alcohol? There are many areas of the world where kids drink alcohol on a regular basis. Why can't a student have a choice of White or Cholocate Milk or the House Wine with their school lunch? You say they are smaller and can't physically handle it? Well then explain why a 21-year-old 4'9" woman who is all of 100 pounds can drink but a 6' tall 15-year-old male who weighs 150 lbs can't. Why can't a child start driving at 10 Years old? There are some 13-year-olds that could flatten your average 20-year-old, so why can't they join the military? Why not let a 10-year-old get a tattoo of their favorite cartoon character?

Yes, I write this knowing that there will be someone who will say "Yea...those are great ideas"..

But for the people that live in reality, the answer is that they really aren't capable. They don't have the mental development to make decisions that could have life-long ramifications. But the other things aren't part of the "Progressive Agenda". Where the people pushing this are using it based on THEIR beliefs and desires, not what is best for the children.

Old 04-09-2022, 11:21 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
There are people (adults) who undergo radical plastic surgery in order to look like a cat. They don't end up being cats but they look somewhat like cats (if cats were horrifying genetic mutants). Would you be ok with your 12 year old getting this surgery while they were in the middle of one of many childhood "phases"? There really is no going back. Imagine your child trying to explain their appearance at their first job interview:
Makes me wanna burst out in a rendition of
Memory!

Old 04-09-2022, 12:25 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
People who give children gender alteration drugs and sex change surgery should be prosecuted for child abuse.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Religion should be kept out of politics. She can believe what she wants but don't impose your belief on others. What if their parents are fine with this. Why are their rights being taken away just because the government doesn't agree with their decisions. Many don't believe in god. But if you do, then you believe he gave us free will to choose our own actions and our destiny. If we all thought the same then we would be robots.
Religion has nothing to do with protecting children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies