Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 06:15 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
After reading a couple of articles I have been wondering if she gave some home brewed concoction that she claimed would cause abortion to a late term pregnant woman and it killed the woman.
Yeah I think there was some confusion at first, but from the Daily Mail article it seems clear she’s been arrested for self inducing her own abortion.

Quote:
Lizelle Herrera, 26, was arrested Thursday after she terminated her pregnancy
Police said she 'intentionally and knowingly caused the death of an individual by self-induced abortion'
She was being held at the Starr County Jail on a $500,000 bond before being released
It is unclear how far along Herrera was in her pregnancy
Texas law bans all abortions after the first detection of an embryonic 'heartbeat'
It’s also says she was in hospital having a miscarriage and that it was the hospital that alerted the authorities.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:16 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah I think there was some confusion at first, but from the Daily Mail article it seems clear she’s been arrested for self inducing her own abortion.
How is this any different than those who are arrested and prosecuted for fetal homicide?

Old 04-10-2022, 06:19 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why do you have such a low opinion of women that you think they are so stupid they don't know that sex without birth control leads to babies?

Do they need men to tell them that? To protect them from pregnancy?

Because women are such IDIOTS that they all don't understand that sex makes babies?

Such an imbecilic argument.

Well, if ONLY the MAN told HER she needed to make sure HE used a condom!!! She had NO IDEA that sex makes babies ... the guy NEVER TOLD HER !!!! It's all HIS fault she's pregnant, she had NOTHING to do with it!!!
It takes two people to make a, baby, so it takes two to prevent a pregnancy. So, again, why is it always the woman who gets blamed when an unintended pregnancy occurs? The man is just as much at fault.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
It takes two people to make a, baby, so it takes two to prevent a pregnancy. So, again, why is it always the woman who gets blamed when an unintended pregnancy occurs? The man is just as much at fault.
That's why many men pay child support. The courts do indeed hold them responsible.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How is this any different than those who are arrested and prosecuted for fetal homicide?
Don’t know, don’t have enough details on why they charged her.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Don’t know, don’t have enough details on why they charged her.
It's not different. Fetal homicide is fetal homicide.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
While men should use a condom, ultimately it is up to a woman to make sure she does not get pregnant. If a man is not responsible enough to use a condom, the woman should reject intercourse with him. And, if a woman knowingly has sex with a man that will not use a condom, she should accept the possibility that she may get pregnant, as that is how biology works, and take full responsibility of the consequences of that action. (Unless of course, as I stated in my previous post, the child was conceived through rape.)
Accidents happen, even with condoms. Like the condom slipping off during the act, which actually happened to me once. Not to be TMI, but guess where it ended up? And I was midway through a cycle, so I was lucky that nothing happened as a result.

I've come to the conclusion over the years that, unless two people are TRYING to make a baby, intercourse is best avoided entirely. There are too many other, safer, ways to have physical pleasure with another person.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not different. Fetal homicide is fetal homicide.
If you say so. Not all homicide is murder though, is it.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I didn't. You did.

Apparently you think women don't know about birth control and need men to explain it to them.
Nope. I read that post as saying that men need to be more proactive in the discussion of what BC methods to use. In fact, I'm a advocate of having a full discussion prior to the 1st sexual encounter as to how pregnancy will be prevented, and if an accidental pregnancy happens anyway, what the game plan will be going forward.

It's not a "sexy" topic, though, which is why so many unintended pregnancies happen.

My contribution to that discussion would be simple - we're not making a baby, so we're not having PIV intercourse. Don't like that, sir? See ya!

Old 04-10-2022, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Nope. I read that post as saying that men need to be more proactive in the discussion of what BC methods to use. In fact, I'm a advocate of having a full discussion prior to the 1st sexual encounter as to how pregnancy will be prevented, and if an accidental pregnancy happens anyway, what the game plan will be going forward.

It's not a "sexy" topic, though, which is why so many unintended pregnancies happen.

My contribution to that discussion would be simple - we're not making a baby, so we're not having PIV intercourse. Don't like that, sir? See ya!
95% of unintended pregnancies are due to no use of birth control whatsoever (54%), or the incorrect us of birth control (41%) such as forgetting to take one or more pills during a cycle, using the wrong size condom, etc.

The fallback plan for utter irresponsibility seems to be to kill another human, at will. And, yes, abortion is the killing of another human. An embryo, fetus, etc., are all parts of the human life cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies