Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 05:11 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Yes, thank you, I know that. I was working with numbers of condom failures. One of our posters said condom were 97% effective and apparently thought that was a good enough number to be effective as birth control. So I wanted to show what result a 3% failure to the number of births in one year actually looked like.
Then why lie and say the number of unintended pregnancies due to condom failure is more than 108,000 when it's actually less than 9,000? Being that far off indicates to others that you either have no clue what you're talking about or you're deliberately trying to deceive.

Furthermore, that less than 9,000 due to condom failure is less than 1.3% of the 680,000 abortions performed per year.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:07 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And no one with a brain would confuse a fetus in the womb with a mass of tissue, or a egg yolk.

I've been personally responsible all of my life, it's not that hard to do truly it isn't, but if I suddenly decided to stop being personally responsible for my actions, since you seem to think people should not be responsible for their actions then surely you'll send me all of your money to support my new lifestyle, right?
So you agree then, that an embryo is a mass of tissue and a born baby is not?

I have also been responsible my whole life. A lot of women are. Why can't you accept accidents happen?

You can be the most careful and responsible driver in the world. That doesn't mean you won't be involved in an accident at some point in your life.

Quote:
InformedConsent;63264882]Then why lie and say the number of unintended pregnancies due to condom failure is more than 108,000 when it's actually less than 9,000? Being that far off indicates to others that you either have no clue what you're talking about or you're deliberately trying to deceive.

Furthermore, that less than 9,000 due to condom failure is less than 1.3% of the 680,000 abortions performed per year.
Again, I understand that. If you read my post again, you'd notice I said that it was based on all men wearing condoms, meaning no other kinds of birth control was used. I'm sorry. I could have been clearer on that.

I was just using the numbers to point out how many unintended pregnancies would result from men wearing condoms only for the number of births that year. It was pointed out that condoms were 97% successful for birth control. I wanted to show that 3% was still a huge number of unintended pregnancies if people used condoms only. Obviously they don't use just condoms for birth control. It was a "what if" scenario.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Again, I understand that. If you read my post again, you'd notice I said that it was based on all men wearing condoms, meaning no other kinds of birth control was used. I'm sorry. I could have been clearer on that.
Why would you even assume that given the fact that only 8.4% of childbearing age women use condoms as a form of birth control? You're making up a statistic that wouldn't ever exist. There's no way the only form of birth control available or used is condoms.

Again, the important fact to remember is that 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to voluntary participation in unprotected sex, and the cause of 95% of all abortions performed each year is... unintended pregnancies. Seems a whole hell of a lot of people aren't grasping the concept that unprotected sex makes babies.

Why in the hell are 680,000 women going through the extra cost (abortion isn't free) and trouble (access to an abortion clinic, recovery time, etc.) of getting an abortion each year when getting and using birth control correctly is so much ridiculously easier?

There are over 4,000 taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US.
There are only 272 abortion clinics located throughout the US. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/healt...rnd/index.html

Guess which is MUCH harder to access.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:38 AM

23,562 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
So you agree then, that an embryo is a mass of tissue and a born baby is not?

I have also been responsible my whole life. A lot of women are. Why can't you accept accidents happen?

You can be the most careful and responsible driver in the world. That doesn't mean you won't be involved in an accident at some point in your life.
Accidents happen if a person uses BC and it doesn't work. Becoming pregnant while having unprotected sex is not an accident. Not using BC is like texting while driving, the chances of crashing greatly increases.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:40 AM

3,460 posts, read 2,786,747 times
Has anyone noticed where in Texas this incident took place? Not in an area thought of as “fundagelical” or Republican dominated.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Accidents happen if a person uses BC and it doesn't work. Becoming pregnant while having unprotected sex is not an accident. Not using BC is like texting while driving, the chances of crashing greatly increases.
Correct. 95% of unintended pregnancies AREN'T accidents. They're the result of voluntary participation in unprotected sex.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:49 AM

23,562 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. 95% of unintended pregnancies AREN'T accidents. They're the result of voluntary participation in unprotected sex.
exactly

Old 04-14-2022, 12:15 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Quote:
exactly
So what? Her choice how she regulates her reproduction. Until anti choice people make abortions illegal, women can abort. The circumstances of her pregnancy is none of your business. Abortion is taking responsibility. Btw the answer is… you can’t make irresponsible people, responsible.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
So what? Her choice how she regulates her reproduction. Until anti choice people make abortions illegal, women can abort. The circumstances of her pregnancy is none of your business. Abortion is taking responsibility.
Abortion kills another human life. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Quote:
Btw the answer is… you can’t make irresponsible people, responsible.
You can't make people not drive drunk or not text while driving, either. However, people who kill others while doing those things actually have to live with the consequences of their actions, and an additional charge for the death of an additional life is prosecuted if a pregnant woman is among the victims. Why not require the same of those who voluntarily participate in unprotected sex and then kill?

Old 04-14-2022, 12:26 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
I never read it/saw it, was the handmaid's tale about murdering babies? Is murdering babies supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies