Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2022, 09:39 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Wow.
Serious trauma here to make a blatant statement like this.
Why would you say that, just because you felt the need to react to my post? Because it makes absolutely no sense.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:48 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yeah, you pretty much did when you said "that would certainly solve the whole problem" if all men were fixed, seems you're for it.
That was sarcasm and you know it. And we know you know it.

Plus, you were the first one to bring it up in a question.

"Why do you want all men fixed? Do you hate that there are humans?"

Nobody but you used the word "all".

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Funny how you edited my post. Please post where I said if people used birth control there would be no accidents?

Lol. Such false accusations

"Take precautions and pregnancy and childbirth won’t have to occur."

Look familiar?

Quote:
That one loves twisting what people post. Their next user name should be Chubby Checker
Quote:

Easier to twist words and blame men than just say no.
Get a room, you two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Both control failure rates are extremely low. If women only had abortions because they used birth control and it failed, there would be WAY LESS abortions. I’d be happy with that.
I agree with you 100%. But way less is still not equal to zero. Which is why we still need abortion to be legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Um... referring to the poster who wanted to punish ALL filthy male baby makers by requiring all men to get vasectomies.
You need to reread the posts. The person who started to talk about ALL men getting vasectomies was berdee and she put it in the form of a question. No one called them filthy male baby makers. Nobody said anything about punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, men walk out. They're also ordered by courts to pay child support.
You have to find them and serve them first.

Quote:
No one said a woman has to stay in a bad marriage. That's what divorce and court-ordered child support payments are for.
A woman getting a separation or divorce is at the point when she is in the most danger, especially if she's trying to get a separation or divorce from a man who's already abusing her. In addition, many abused women are also controlled, having no money, no access to transportation, and many of them can't even make phone calls. Abusing husbands will isolate their wives and keep them from seeing or talking to their friends and families.

You know, I shouldn't even have to tell you this. This is all common knowledge.

Leaving relationship is 'most dangerous time' for domestic violence victims, experts say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tims-1.3885381

Quote:
When a woman is pregnant, it's no longer just her own body. There's another human life involved with completely different DNA.
No problem. We'll just force you to donate one of your kidneys to keep someone else from dying of kidney failure. We'll force you to donate bone marrow to a leukemia victim if you match. Those are usually kids. Don't you want to save the life of a kid?

Now how do you feel about about other people forcing you to do things you don't want to do?

Quote:

"I wish my mother had aborted me", Lynn Beisner, American writer

I wish my mother had aborted me or that birth control was available for her. It was awful growing up in a home where neither parent wanted children and let me know it constantly. I would never make a child go through that and anyone who would is a monster.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:29 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

"Take precautions and pregnancy and childbirth won’t have to occur."

Look familiar?

Get a room, you two.
Yep, and nowhere in that post did I say what you claimed, especially twice.

With 52% of folks having unprotected sex, pregnancy will have to occur. Both men and women need to be responsible, but funny how you think you know how folks should live and that all men should get vasectomies, lol.

Old 04-18-2022, 04:57 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
A woman getting a separation or divorce is at the point when she is in the most danger, especially if she's trying to get a separation or divorce from a man who's already abusing her. In addition, many abused women are also controlled, having no money, no access to transportation, and many of them can't even make phone calls. Abusing husbands will isolate their wives and keep them from seeing or talking to their friends and families.

You know, I shouldn't even have to tell you this. This is all common knowledge.

Leaving relationship is 'most dangerous time' for domestic violence victims, experts say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tims-1.3885381
What does any of that have to with men financially supporting their offspring? Nothing.

Additionally, abusive men reveal themselves before marriage. Any woman who voluntarily has unprotected sex with a man like that let alone marries him, has voluntarily brought it all on herself.

Quote:
Now how do you feel about about other people forcing you to do things you don't want to do?
As has been said many times, 95% of abortions are due to unintended pregnancies, 95% of which are caused by women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. THAT'S when she decided what she wanted. It's been true for all of humans' 2 million years of existence that unprotected sex causes pregnancy. It's no different now. Women need to CHOOSE to take active steps to prevent it, if that's what they want.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:37 AM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
That was sarcasm and you know it. And we know you know it.
There was nothing in your opinion that indicated sarcasm.

We? lol Are you a group effort?

Quote:
Plus, you were the first one to bring it up in a question.

"Why do you want all men fixed? Do you hate that there are humans?"

Nobody but you used the word "all".
So?

I had asked someone, who was not you, a question and you felt the need to pop in and give your own opinion. Your answer was an affirmative answer btw. Perhaps you shouldn't answer for other people if you can't handle the responses that follow it?

Old 04-18-2022, 11:18 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What? Actually read the study. Being actually informed?
The graphs and charts were pretty and all but normally I like to back track to the original published paper and article links and actually read it or most of it anyway, not just one sentence.
The purpose of these particular studies was to determine reasons and demographics on why unintended pregnancies that lead to abortion have not decrease more than they have and what can be done to remedy that. I believe the recommendation was more Medicaid and Title X funding to insure adequate facilities and services in low income areas.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
She is not assuming. It has happened before. It will happen again. Women will find ways to abort. All methods are not safe.
Exactly. The original post is about a woman who preformed an abortion on herself.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So you’ll make exceptions for killing babies, taking a human life, as long as the circumstances meet your approval.

Gotcha.
Gotcha.[/quote]
And just like that its not murdering a baby its about punishment. Its only murder if the evil women voluntarily engaged in enjoyable sex.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
All the men who think or say to or about women, "be more responsible" should have forced sterilization. They're all in favor of controlling another person, especially a woman. Time for the tide to turn. Castration (or at least vasectomy) would force more 'responsibility' on a population in which there is much entitlement to make it all a woman's job to not get pregnant.
I dont support forced sterilization but these men need to be aware in the unintended pregnancy statistic, incorrect or inconsistent use of BC includes no, broken or improperly worn condoms. If I remember correctly it is the man who is in control of and wears the condom. But then I will bet there are posters who feel its the womans responsibility to inspect the condom and make sure he put it on correctly.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont support forced sterilization but these men need to be aware in the unintended pregnancy statistic, incorrect or inconsistent use of BC includes no, broken or improperly worn condoms. If I remember correctly it is the man who is in control of and wears the condom. But then I will bet there are posters who feel its the womans responsibility to inspect the condom and make sure he put it on correctly.
Remind me:

Does the man get pregnant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies