Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 02:46 PM

35,939 posts, read 30,488,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There has been a lot of discussion about that. That's what court-ordered child support payments are for. Get the paternity test. Hold the man responsible.
You act as though that 200- 400$/month she might or most likely might not get is going to solve all the problems. Make up for trying to raise a child on her own.
I will assume you have never filed for child support.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:48 PM

22,866 posts, read 12,046,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Measures are being taken, abortion has greatly decreased the fertility rate had decreased. Like everything else in life for example obesity, drug and alcohol addiction, accidents, marriage, lung cancer, cirrhosis, certain diseases, marriage, pregnancy and abortion will occur within a certain percentage of the population regardless of precautions, information, instruction, available alternatives, programs, etc.

Yes it is unreasonable when posters go on an on about how a zygote is the same as a born child and abortion is murdering a baby EXCEPT when the mothers life or health is at risk, when the baby's health would be at risk, if it were rape or incest as if those things no longer make abortion killing a baby.
Is it unreasonable for someone to pretend that a baby in the womb is nothing but a zygote for the full term of the pregnancy, right?

Old 04-18-2022, 02:51 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times
Quote:
You act as though that 200- 400$/month she might or most likely might not get is going to solve all the problems. Make up for trying to raise a child on her own.
Nobody has acted like that. Just what was suggested. Both taking responsibility huuugely keeps from having to have that happen. Giving the woman a pass and blaming everything on the man is ridiculous.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:52 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,852,612 times
Quote:
If she can't "afford" a child, what is she doing...

1. Having unprotected sex
2. Having sex with a deadbeat who cares so little for her he will leave if she's pregnant

Victim argument.

Again.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:53 PM

35,939 posts, read 30,488,406 times
Quote:
Again, for the low-info people, 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex.
Your 95% statistic does not matter.
Unintended pregnancies is defined as pregnancies ending in live births, miscarriages and abortions that did not occur at the time a pregnancy was planned due to unprotected sex, incorrect usage of BC (including condom breakage/slippage), inconsistent usage (including missed pill, not receiving injection on time). At least 51% of all pregnancies including births are unplanned. That is the way it has always been. Oh and it includes men who voluntarily participate in sex as well. There is nothing note worthy about this.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If she can't "afford" a child, what is she doing...

1. Having unprotected sex
2. Having sex with a deadbeat who cares so little for her he will leave if she's pregnant

Victim argument.

Again.
Bingo…poor planning and bad decisions don’t deserve a free pass.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:55 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,852,612 times
Quote:
Measures are being taken, abortion has greatly decreased the fertility rate had decreased. Like everything else in life for example obesity, drug and alcohol addiction, accidents, marriage, lung cancer, cirrhosis, certain diseases, marriage, pregnancy and abortion will occur within a certain percentage of the population regardless of precautions, information, instruction, available alternatives, programs, etc.

Yes it is unreasonable when posters go on an on about how a zygote is the same as a born child and abortion is murdering a baby EXCEPT when the mothers life or health is at risk, when the baby's health would be at risk, if it were rape or incest as if those things no longer make abortion killing a baby.
Explain the difference between killing a toddler and an elderly person.

Do you expect a toddler to exhibit the exact same development as an elderly person? Think they should look the same? Be the exact same size? Do you think killing one is acceptable and killing the other is not?

Old 04-18-2022, 03:11 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,816,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yep, and nowhere in that post did I say what you claimed, especially twice.

With 52% of folks having unprotected sex, pregnancy will have to occur. Both men and women need to be responsible, but funny how you think you know how folks should live and that all men should get vasectomies, lol.
You certainly implied it. You do know what implied means, right?

And no, I'm not wasting my time to find another post of yours.

Quote:
What does any of that have to with men financially supporting their offspring? Nothing.

Additionally, abusive men reveal themselves before marriage. Any woman who voluntarily has unprotected sex with a man like that let alone marries him, has voluntarily brought it all on herself.
You said women could just leave. I'm showing you that many women can't "just leave".

Uh, no. Many abusers do not reveal themselves before marriage. And a man who is an abuser will often give his wife no option to use birth control. He will sabotage birth control pills and poke holes in condoms.

A little research on your part would confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
There was nothing in your opinion that indicated sarcasm.

We? lol Are you a group effort?
Yes, me and my split personalities. And if you have a problem reading that as sarcasm, I can't help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So?

I had asked someone, who was not you, a question and you felt the need to pop in and give your own opinion. Your answer was an affirmative answer btw. Perhaps you shouldn't answer for other people if you can't handle the responses that follow it?
Well, this is a thread and a discussion, after all.

Quote:
Remind me:

Does the man get pregnant?
Since his sperm contributes equally to make a baby, AND he's the one putting on a condom, he darn well better consider himself part of the pregnancy team. Otherwise all he's doing is wasting air.

And let's not forget men initiate sex more often than a woman does. Men are also the ones who roofie women in bars so they can take advantage of them.
Quote:
I am still amazed at the fact that every pro abortion argument has one common factor: Women are victims.

Every argument is based off that statement. Beyond insulting. And the opposite of 'feminist.'

Women are too dumb, too poor, too uneducated, too lazy, too irresponsible, too little self esteem .... to use BC or have sex with a good man who will stay with her and raise a child.

And yet somehow it's always the man's fault. Always.

--signed,
a woman who is sick of the victim argument
Not any sicker than I am of the "women have to keep their legs closed to prevent pregnancy but men can have sex without consequence" deal.

Quote:
Explain the difference between killing a toddler and an elderly person.

Do you expect a toddler to exhibit the exact same development as an elderly person? Think they should look the same? Be the exact same size? Do you think killing one is acceptable and killing the other is not?
Again, YOUR opinion. I take the scientific view that it is an embryo and a fetus.

"The majority of abortions in 2019 took place early in gestation: 92.7% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation..."

And no one is saying anyone is going to kill a toddler. You're in the wrong thread for that argument anyway. Calm down and take a chill pill.

Old 04-18-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
You certainly implied it. You do know what implied means, right?

And no, I'm not wasting my time to find another post of yours.

Never said or implied it, and with the length of these posts, you’d certainly take the time to find one, but none exist. You’re simply trying to fit a narrative that you think only men need to be responsible, want them all to get vasectomies which is as hilarious as it is ridiculous because doctors would never do it at such young ages.

Both need to be responsible, and if a man refuses to use birth control, the woman should just say no, although it sounds like you’re living many many decades ago when women couldn’t vote and the man made most all of the decisions, and even then the woman could say no.

Old 04-18-2022, 03:17 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,816,350 times
As for Title X, you should know this:

What Health Care Services Does Title X Provide?

In 2016, before Donald Trump became president, more than 4 million people a year relied on the affordable birth control and reproductive health care services that were provided through Title X. Many of these people didn’t even know Title X exists, but without it, they wouldn’t have been able to access this essential care. The basic primary and preventive health care services provided by Title X include:

Wellness exams

Lifesaving cervical and breast cancer screenings

Birth control

Contraception education

Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and HIV testing

You should be especially interested in Title X, Informed Consent, because here is the birth control that you say is so free and easy to get.

Amazing how people want to close down the Planned Parenthood Clinics and defund Title X, but then complain about women not using birth control and having unwanted babies.

And speaking of complete dissociation, this warms the cockles of my heart and gives me hope for the future:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...y-Joyce-Arthur

When anti-choice people have abortions, we know they really don't want to make abortions illegal either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies