Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 07:48 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,650,878 times

Advertisements

Just another reminder of how behind-the-scenes money moves to manipulates things.

I guess it should be some consolation that it's getting harder to keep these things secret.

Wealthy Republican Donors Form Secret Coalitions
If those upstart coalitions gain momentum, they will likely have to vie for influence among conservatives with existing donor networks that have been skeptical of or agnostic toward Trump. The surge in secretive fundraising does not end there. A number of nonprofit groups with varying degrees of allegiance to Trump are also vying to become leading distributors of donor funds to the right.
Taken together, the jockeying highlights frustration on the right with the political infrastructure that surrounds the Republican Party, and, in some cases, with its politicians, as well as disagreements about its direction as Trump teases another presidential run.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dissatisf...120529759.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 08:15 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Just another day in our Dictatorship of Capital.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:21 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Just another reminder of how behind-the-scenes money moves to manipulates things.

I guess it should be some consolation that it's getting harder to keep these things secret.

If those upstart coalitions gain momentum, they will likely have to vie for influence among conservatives with existing donor networks that have been skeptical of or agnostic toward Trump. The surge in secretive fundraising does not end there. A number of nonprofit groups with varying degrees of allegiance to Trump are also vying to become leading distributors of donor funds to the right.
Taken together, the jockeying highlights frustration on the right with the political infrastructure that surrounds the Republican Party, and, in some cases, with its politicians, as well as disagreements about its direction as Trump teases another presidential run.
They probably do it because you people will protest them at their homes for daring to have different political opinions.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:38 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
I just shake my head at you guys. Like Democrats don't do this... Democrats are just poor innocent waifs...

We need a SMH emoji.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:49 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
Quote:

Can’t read leftist news from yahoo sorry

Old 04-11-2022, 03:49 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Can’t read leftist news from yahoo sorry

Don't worry about that. It's actually a leftist New York Times article that happened to show up on a Yahoo news feed.

Old 04-11-2022, 03:53 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I just shake my head at you guys. Like Democrats don't do this... Democrats are just poor innocent waifs...

We need a SMH emoji.
liberals act like it is 1980 still and the wealthy monocle wearing oil barons run everything behind the scenes in an elaborate plot to put God in schools, suppress women, and jail minorities…completely ignoring what liberals have become

Old 04-11-2022, 04:20 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:

Is it getting harder to keep these financial matters secret?

Far as I know, the Federalist Society has been quite open with efforts to get their picks on the Supreme Court.

Justice Thomas' spouse has been quite open about receiving money from lobbyists with cases before the Supreme Court.

I could go on, but it's a stretch to call it behind-the-scenes.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:31 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
Quote:

If you say Trump's name three times in the mirror does he appear in your nightmares? Democrat fundraising is far dirtier, and much of it from foreign sources using ActBlue to obfuscate where it comes from. I had remembered reading these articles in the run up to 2020, but had to use DDG to find them as the Google search results were some of the most heavily sanitized I can recall seeing.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...le-unemployed/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ns_144208.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
liberals act like it is 1980 still and the wealthy monocle wearing oil barons run everything behind the scenes in an elaborate plot to put God in schools, suppress women, and jail minorities…completely ignoring what liberals have become

Wish I could rep you again. They love to trot out the old playbook against Republicans, whereas in reality the moneyed elite in this country have become increasingly leftist over the last 30 years. I'm in the south and the CEO of the company I work for says $hit I can't even believe these days in support of leftist causes.

Old 04-11-2022, 05:37 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:

"Form Secret Coalitions"

If you and there know about it, guess it it's NO"secret" after all!

The dems have been doing it for DECADES but, NOW it bothers you!

What a surprise, NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies