Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 07:26 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I thought it made sense. They prosecute people putting stickers of Biden on gas pumps while people steal cartloads of items from retail establishments with no consequence. You don’t see the disparity here? I’ve always believed that these “Justice Democrats” who want to abolish prisons and police and ICE, etc., would have no problem filling up those empty prisons with their political enemies.
East Lancaster is heavily republican, voted 57-41 in favor of Trump in 2000. (found it on compeitor site of CD so didn't post link but easy to google yourselves.)

This didn't happen in San Francisco. I repeat, San Francisco is not located in rural pennsylvania and neither is Chicago.

Whole bunch of you running around bleating about unfairness as if this happened in some Democratic area where they're going soft on crime but just chose to prosecute this and crying about political oppression.

Hence, you're not making sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 07:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Police in PA have arrested a man for putting “I did that” Biden stickers on gas pumps:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-prices.html

It sounds like he posted about it on social media. He’s charged with criminal mischief. He did deface private property. My problem though is we have people stealing shopping carts full of merchandise from stores who go unpunished but they arrest this guy for doing de minimus damage to a gas pump. Seems political to chill speech. Thoughts?
The unwashed masses must not question the leader.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:50 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

It sounds like he posted about it on social media. He’s charged with criminal mischief. He did deface private property. My problem though is we have people stealing shopping carts full of merchandise from stores who go unpunished but they arrest this guy for doing de minimus damage to a gas pump. Seems political to chill speech. Thoughts?

The gas station does not have to promote this guy's particular political proclivities. One does not have the right to go on private property and say whatever they want. He is vandalizing property just like someone going into the bathroom and writing graffiti all over.

But if one is going to commit a crime then promote doing so on social media you ain't too bright.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:34 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,589,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
East Lancaster is heavily republican, voted 57-41 in favor of Trump in 2000. (found it on compeitor site of CD so didn't post link but easy to google yourselves.)

This didn't happen in San Francisco. I repeat, San Francisco is not located in rural pennsylvania and neither is Chicago.

Whole bunch of you running around bleating about unfairness as if this happened in some Democratic area where they're going soft on crime but just chose to prosecute this and crying about political oppression.

Hence, you're not making sense.
The issue here is not the PA man got arrested for vandalism.

The issue here is the very same leftists who cheered when BLM destroyed private and public properties for half the year in 2020 , are also the same leftists who cheered when PA man got arrested for slapping a “I did that” sticker on the gas pump.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
The issue here is not the PA man got arrested for vandalism.

The issue here is the very same leftists who cheered when BLM destroyed private and public properties for half the year in 2020 , are also the same leftists who cheered when PA man got arrested for slapping a “I did that” sticker on the gas pump.
The other issue is the very same rightists that demanded fair policing for crimes in areas with liberal DA's are now blaming liberals for politically arresting this man when in reality the area is entirely conservative.

There is plenty of partisan hypocrisy to go around.

As for how prosecutors etc. should be upholding the law, I think that time has proven with the spike in crime that some parts of the country have made grave errors in how they run their cities and respond to crime...but not this small town in PA. They're doing their jobs.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:58 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Suppose you owned the gas station and had to spend 1/2 hour every morning scrapping off the stickers. Also, the police can't arrest you for vandalism to private property unless the owner of said property wishes to do so. For all the police know, the property owner asked for the stickers to be placed on his property. Your vilification of the police in this case is completely unfounded and says far more about you than it does about the police officer.

This guy who was arrested was 10000000% in the wrong, as is anyone who thinks what he did is OK. Oh, just for the record - I hate Biden. That doesn't give me the right to express my hatred by vandalizing other people's stuff. How would you like it if someone stuck pro-Biden stickers all over your house or car? See how that works? Think before you post. It might save you from some embarrassment.

Cling stickers are now vandalism?

Old 04-12-2022, 09:05 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I don't think he should be putting stickers on private property, I get it, but still. I does seem odd that he gets dragged away by cops, yet so many other things are basically ignored.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:15 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, when you spray clearcoat paint over them to make the stickers harder to remove from property that is not your own, then I'd say yes, that is indeed vandalism.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't think he should be putting stickers on private property, I get it, but still. I does seem odd that he gets dragged away by cops, yet so many other things are basically ignored.
He resisted arrest (among other things).

Things are only ignored in crappy parts of the country with political DA's and mayors as we have all repeatedly noted for 2 years or more.

Rural and other areas have police etc. that have done and continue do their jobs.

P.S. Even in my area when you're in the nicer areas they'll bust people for minor stuff but in the rougher areas unless it's *serious* they don't have time to deal with it.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:21 AM

9,500 posts, read 4,337,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How we know you didn't read the article without you saying you didn't read the article. The vandal sprayed clear paint over the stickers to make them harder to remove. Feel silly yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies