Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 06:21 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

You know they have.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-car...-ankle-monitor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2022, 06:24 PM

3,246 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Well, he's got to pay for a lawyer now.

Old 04-17-2022, 06:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I don't understand how you can shoot in a supposedly crowded mall and then get let out the next day. His lawyer says it was in self-defense, which means he admitted to the shooting. There was more in local media than on the Fox News web site. The lawyer says two dudes came up to 22-year-old Jewayne M. Price near the Gap store in Columbiana Centre around 2 p.m. and started shooting. Price had a pistol and returned fire. He does not have a concealed-weapons permit. Allegedly the two men had made threats against Price on Facebook.

Quote:
“He simply defended himself,” Rutherford said in court. “He did not do anything to bring about the trouble yesterday.”

Rutherford declined to describe the threats Price received online.
As of the time this article was posted, he had not actually posted bail.

Quote:
Price received a $25,000 bond from Judge Crystal Rookard at a hearing in the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. He also must wear an ankle monitor and must be home by 9 p.m. once he posts bond. Price remained in the Lexington County Detention Center late April 17.
Accused Columbia mall shooter was defending himself after Facebook threats, lawyer says

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott was none too pleased that Price was released. I think that must have been in the Fox News article linked in the OP. Meanwhile, police are still looking for the other two shooters.

I will wait until we find out more to make a final judgement. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. It's not a good look for the area that I live in though.

Old 04-17-2022, 06:56 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Wait, from the picture, I thought that was a female.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
A guy that just shot up a mall injuring many, and his defense is that it was 'self-defense?' Who the hell wants to work with that madman now.
If you read the link in my post above, you would know the police are looking for an additional two shooters. I'm not saying Price is innocent or that he deserved bail, just that it's not like he walked into the mall and started shooting willy-nilly. That said, there is a lot of unanswered questions about this case.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
If you read the link in my post above, you would know the police are looking for an additional two shooters. I'm not saying Price is innocent or that he deserved bail, just that it's not like he walked into the mall and started shooting willy-nilly. That said, there is a lot of unanswered questions about this case.
Justice would be served and people would be protected if, in this persons case, he were NOT given the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Justice would be served and people would be protected if, in this persons case, he were NOT given the benefit of the doubt.
If you look at the second sentence in what you quoted from me, you would see we agree on that point.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
"We catch people, they serve a little bit of time, they get out and they get right back doing what they normally do and that’s commit crimes," Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said at a recent press conference. "The criminal justice system needs to do better."[/b]
Incidentally, Sheriff Lott is a long time Democrat. He has served since being elected to that position in 1996.

Sheriff Leon Lott

Old 04-17-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
If you look at the second sentence in what you quoted from me, you would see we agree on that point.
At least there is one more sane person in the world.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:38 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
This happened in my state. This is so disappointing. I thought my state would do better than this. What a shame...unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies