Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 02:21 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If you don't like what I posted, I really don't care.
Lolz. So you think this thread is about government sanctioned atrocities? Got it. The anti-gun crowd has no rational arguments for additional gun laws and your post proves it. You've got nothing, so you change the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 02:22 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
We're talking about criminal acts by private citizens, not government sanctioned atrocities. Please stay on topic. You're deflecting.
No deflection at all, that poster was just proving what can happen to an unarmed populace.

Old 04-23-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No deflection at all, that poster was just proving what can happen to an unarmed populace.
He's absolutely correct that an unarmed populace is at the mercy of an armed government, but the original point of this thread was that additional gun laws would protect us from criminals, not the government. The poster simply went off topic. I assumed this meandering into the weeds was because the poster supported additional gun laws. I may have been wrong to assume that, but it was hard to tell where they were headed since they went so far off topic.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:24 PM

305 posts, read 102,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Tell it to the anti gun democrats. They willingly sacrifice innocent lives to achieve a theoretical goal of no private gun ownership.

they restrict law abiding gun owners who collectively are not committing the mass murders we see in places like chicago and detroit every week.

Two shootings thay come nowhere near the bodies piling up in cities, mostly BonB murders. Not a peep about the larger volume of killings, just those where the antis can make hay of private gun ownership.

Defund the police, lie about the police hunting blacks, endorse terrorists org BLM who advocated killing cops, decimate the police force with retirements, lose experienced officers, take away protections for cops, no cash bail, burning cities called peaceful protests, shooter released with ankle bracelet.... open the southern border to gangs, drugs and terrorists, release felons due to covid??????????? idiot parole boards and far left prosecutors and judges, 911 calls selectively responded to in some cities where the left has forced police out of service.... and you blame guns??????????????????????????? That line of reasoning is costing the lives of thousands of innocents.

and you make snide remarks about good guys with guns???????????????????????????

Why do the democrats hate black people and tolerate their mass murders each week in the most notorious cities.

Why did obama lie about the safest places have the strictest gun laws... if true the streets of maine woud be awash in blood and Chicago would be a peaceful sanctuary for all to enjoy.

Why did obama lie and the media refused to challenge his lie?

CO diane degette demonstrates she is unfamiliar with firearms and yet leads a the anti firearm committee. Classic dem move to make someone alien to the issue, a prime committee member.
Because they are self righteous leftists who's world view is blocked by their azz.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:42 PM

1,701 posts, read 781,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
10 mass shootings over easter weekend this the paradise the NRA wanted? Where are All those with their thoughts and prayers? Two mass shootings alone in s.c. this country is sick.https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/us/us...end/index.html
The problem with people on the left is they are perfectly fine with people having guns for protection such politicians police and government officials (like these people never kill innocent civilians), but regular people shouldn’t be afforded the same opportunity to protect themselves.

The government (the US and many others) have killed many more people than mass shooters *ever* have, how many civilians died in Afghanistan, Vietnam, Nicaragua, China, Russia, etc? Civilians have just as much a right to protect themselves with firearms as non-civilians. You may disagree, and that’s your right, but I’m not getting rid of mine simply because your POV is different.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:52 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Lolz. So you think this thread is about government sanctioned atrocities? Got it. The anti-gun crowd has no rational arguments for additional gun laws and your post proves it. You've got nothing, so you change the subject.
Anti-gun? I probably have more guns than you have hairs on your head. If you had any reading comprehension, I said earlier that there should be NO gun laws. They are all unconstitutional.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:56 PM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
where are the good guys with guns, they are hiding at home,

you can have an empty cardboard box that had ammo in it at one time, and liberals are trying to throw you in jail for that, if you had one shotgun shell in the glove box, youre doing time

Old 04-23-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Anti-gun? I probably have more guns than you have hairs on your head. If you had any reading comprehension, I said earlier that there should be NO gun laws. They are all unconstitutional.
I think we're on the same page. I misinterpreted your post as some sort of deflection of the topic at hand, which was that additional gun laws were needed. My bad. I'm a NRA Lifetime member and own multiple guns. Continue to fight the good fight. Peace out.

Old 04-23-2022, 08:54 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
I think we're on the same page. I misinterpreted your post as some sort of deflection of the topic at hand, which was that additional gun laws were needed. My bad. I'm a NRA Lifetime member and own multiple guns. Continue to fight the good fight. Peace out.
I'm glad that you got that sorted out. Divided we fall. I too have been an NRA member ever since I bought my first gun. In addition I belong to the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AZCDL). When I lived in New York I belonged to the New York State Rifle and Pistol Assn. (NYSRPA) as well.

Because of New York's arbitrary and capricious handgun licensing system and draconian gun laws. They may deter the good guys from taking any action. As the system usually favors the criminals. Unlike here in Arizona where any law abiding citizen can carry a firearm (long guns and handguns) either open or concealed without having to get a permit and deal with a government bureaucracy.

During the George Floyd "Summer of Love" rioting. Word got out fast that BLM was busing in some 600 so called "peaceful protesters" to town. No one had any idea of what was going to happen. Several hundred of us all took up arms and went downtown to greet them. People were openly carrying rifles, shotguns and handguns. We just wanted to let them know that under no uncertain terms were they going to loot, burn, or vandalize any business or property.

Before the "peaceful protesters" were to arrive the Oath Keepers along with local law enforcement agencies coordinated with all of us that were armed. The rules were that rifles and shotguns could have loaded magazines but no round in the chamber. All handguns had to be holstered but could have a round in the chamber along with a fully loaded magazine and we were told not to confront the protestors. We all got along very well and it was quite obvious that both law enforcement and the local businesses were glad to see us. In fact none of the businesses were boarded up and they carried on as if nothing was happening. I guess they felt safe in fact some of them were handing us free bottles of water.

Only about 200 or so protestors arrived and they started shouting their little slogans, waving their little banners and stamping their petty little feet. Right in front of our faces as if they were trying to intimidate us into doing something stupid. There was some shouting right back at them and we let them have their fun. By the end of the day there was only one arrest for an unknown reason. There was no vandalizing, looting, graffiti or even littering. Once it was over the downtown looked no different than it did the day before. I can't say for sure what would have happened had we not been there? But I can't help but think that we made a difference. I don't think that the protestors expected to see so many people visibly armed.

Of course our local paper tried to portray us as a group of armed vigilantes out there intimidating these poor college kids exercising their 1st Amendment rights to peacefully protest. When nothing could be further from the truth. We were there to help protect the downtown and aid law enforcement if needed, PERIOD.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 04-23-2022 at 09:12 PM..

Old 04-23-2022, 09:29 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I'm glad that you got that sorted out. Divided we fall. I too have been an NRA member ever since I bought my first gun. In addition I belong to the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AZCDL). When I lived in New York I belonged to the New York State Rifle and Pistol Assn. (NYSRPA) as well.

Because of New York's arbitrary and capricious handgun licensing system and draconian gun laws. They may deter the good guys from taking any action. As the system usually favors the criminals. Unlike here in Arizona where any law abiding citizen can carry a firearm (long guns and handguns) either open or concealed without having to get a permit and deal with a government bureaucracy.

During the George Floyd "Summer of Love" rioting. Word got out fast that BLM was busing in some 600 so called "peaceful protesters" to town. No one had any idea of what was going to happen. Several hundred of us all took up arms and went downtown to greet them. People were openly carrying rifles, shotguns and handguns. We just wanted to let them know that under no uncertain terms were they going to loot, burn, or vandalize any business or property.

Before the "peaceful protesters" were to arrive the Oath Keepers along with local law enforcement agencies coordinated with all of us that were armed. The rules were that rifles and shotguns could have loaded magazines but no round in the chamber. All handguns had to be holstered but could have a round in the chamber along with a fully loaded magazine and we were told not to confront the protestors. We all got along very well and it was quite obvious that both law enforcement and the local businesses were glad to see us. In fact none of the businesses were boarded up and they carried on as if nothing was happening. I guess they felt safe in fact some of them were handing us free bottles of water.

Only about 200 or so protestors arrived and they started shouting their little slogans, waving their little banners and stamping their petty little feet. Right in front of our faces as if they were trying to intimidate us into doing something stupid. There was some shouting right back at them and we let them have their fun. By the end of the day there was only one arrest for an unknown reason. There was no vandalizing, looting, graffiti or even littering. Once it was over the downtown looked no different than it did the day before. I can't say for sure what would have happened had we not been there? But I can't help but think that we made a difference. I don't think that the protestors expected to see so many people visibly armed.

Of course our local paper tried to portray us as a group of armed vigilantes out there intimidating these poor college kids exercising their 1st Amendment rights to peacefully protest. When nothing could be further from the truth. We were there to help protect the downtown and aid law enforcement if needed, PERIOD.
I live in a small town, only 8,000. When word got out that protesters were to be bussed in, we got ready. The sheriff, a couple deputies and the K9 set up across the street. The sheriff reminded them that blocking the street or sidewalk was illegal and they would be arrested. Meanwhile, we took up guard duty in front of the stores. The protest lasted about 3 hours, no one was arrested and one woman was warned to stay out of the street. There was only one black person in the protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies