Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 10:29 AM

2,726 posts, read 6,115,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

I always wanted to go to NY at Christmas but not anymore due to high crimes.

I'm genuinely curious why Republicans choose to live their lives in fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 10:30 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Quote:
Please share if you can shed some light on why you don't want criminals locked up but free to roam the streets to repeat crimes. How does that make any sense?
You're still being vague. Are you talking about bail? Are you talking about charges being dropped. There must be more to your question. Isn't there a specific event that prompted this post? Or at least some evidence that liberals like crime?

Old 04-19-2022, 10:31 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Perhaps if crime was under control in 'high crime areas' people would be able to visit and feel safe. What a shame you feel limited to only go in safe areas. There is a whole big 'ole country out there that you and others are missing out on because they don't feel safe.

I always wanted to go to NY at Christmas but not anymore due to high crimes.
You really think there is anything worth visiting in high crime areas?

As to NYC, you can safely go to all the tourist attractions at Christmastime. You will be fine.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:33 AM

10,104 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You have to remember, progressives empathize and sympathize more with violent criminals than with innocent victims. Seems like they have more in common with them. Thing is, most aren't smart enough to realize that one day their policies might make THEM a victim. They are more outraged over a mean tweet than someone beaten or burned to death, businesses looted or homes and buildings burned. Lets just say, not the sharpest tools in the shed.
That's how it seems but it makes no sense. Only thing that makes sense is the left can relate more to criminals. 2 of a kind like to flock together.

Why would someone not want to be safe by keeping criminals in jail where they belong. Keep them off the streets to protect the citizens. It's common sense to keep citizens safe yet it's not what they believe. It's crazy.

These criminals with long list of criminal records are released over and over and over. Keep the danged dangerous person in jail where they can't keep repeating the crimes. Punish them and maybe they might ....just might learn a lesson!!!!

It aggravates the heck out of me that the left have no common sense. It's definitely an upside world we live in where the left believe everything right is wrong and everything wrong is right. CRAZY.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:33 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
I'm genuinely curious why Republicans choose to live their lives in fear.
They eat n drink fear daily. Listen to their radio stations, TV hosts/ announcers and the pulpit.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:37 AM

10,104 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
You're still being vague. Are you talking about bail? Are you talking about charges being dropped. There must be more to your question. Isn't there a specific event that prompted this post? Or at least some evidence that liberals like crime?
How am I being vague? I am asking the left why they like crime? In dem cities, the crime is running rampant hence why I'm asking why the dem cities would have the policies on crime that they have that is causing high crimes. I'm sorry, I thought that should have been crystal clear. lol

Old 04-19-2022, 10:38 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Delusional personality disorder explains both the safetyism and social contagion being instantiated by the contemporary left. Liberalism is not a mental disorder, but Intersectional Marxism is absolutely mass-psychosis.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:43 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Delusional personality disorder explains both the safetyism and social contagion being instantiated by the contemporary left. Liberalism is not a mental disorder, but Intersectional Marxism is absolutely mass-psychosis.
How long did it take you to compose those nonsensical sentences?

Old 04-19-2022, 10:44 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
What if some criminal robbed you on the streets one day. This isn't their first offense by any means. Person was arrested but let out that same day to rob again. That ok with you? Why do y'all not like criminals to stay in jail and be punished for their crimes?

You feel sorry for the criminals but not sorry to keep innocent people safe on the streets?

Please explain what your end game is for promoting so much crime?
I think they like the excitement of possibly getting murdered or beaten.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:46 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I worked in criminal justice and was a prison administrator for over twenty years. Your premise is utterly false. Take some time off posting this nonsense and research the actual statistics and process involved. Start with your own state -- they probably issue regular reports. What is the most common crime resulting in prison terms in your state? What is the cost of incarceration? How have the numbers risen or fallen over the past decade? How many people are held in jails or prisons who have not been formally convicted? Report back and let us know what you find out. We'll wait....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies