Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 01:49 PM

15 posts, read 6,136 times

Advertisements

One of the weird paradoxes of these strange modern times is how we live in this hyper-woke culture where nearly everything is considered offensive and we need to police our language, our media and our interactions with others in order to be as non-offensive as possible.

It has gone to utterly ridiculous extremes like canceling Dr. Seus books or the author of the beloved Harry Potter books because of a politically incorrect tweet. They even go after people who have said unfortunate things DECADES ago and these people have their careers and reputations ruined.

Meanwhile...

We also live in a world where the current most popular form of "music" is hip/hop and rap and it is some of the most unapologetically, vulgar, hateful, offensive content that you could imagine.
I've been to public playgrounds and even some local establishments that serve the public where gangster rap was playing and I am just struck at how it's become socially acceptable to listen to someone angrily shouting about
beating women, or killing people or graphic depictions of sexual acts where there are children and families around .... but DOCTOR SEUSS is a bridge too far!!!

On a similar note, they unfortunately play alot of this at my gym and there are plenty of women there who I am sure consider themselves feminists. I have to wonder how you reconcile being a feminist and listening to "music" that utterly degrades women and/or advocates violence against them.

I know for a fact that many of these women marched in the pink hat marches when Trump was elected.
Really?! Was what Trump said really so much worse than the rap you listen to on a daily basis for years while you exercise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 01:56 PM

6,122 posts, read 3,347,968 times
It very easily coexists. On the liberal pyramid of victimization, black people sit at the very top. So because of this, they can do and say just about anything and get away with it.

But there was one thing that even black people couldn’t get away with it and that was to be a Covid skeptic, anti-vaxx person. Liberal white people don’t play around when it comes to their Covid hoax. They even (temporarily) cancelled a few black folks over that.

But pretty much everything else is fine for black people to say and do. Slap a dude at the Oscars? No problem, just sit down and get an award later. Loot neighborhoods? It’s ok, you are a victim. Your music is misogynistic and glorifies violence? No problem, you are a victim.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPodRacing View Post
Hip hop itself has kind of changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRaFMlZ1YHA

Overall there's various subgenres of hipop. Some still what you describe but you can't narrow it down to just one type.

It would be like me thinking all rock is satanic devil worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFDXV0VBg4

It's really a false equivalence because hardcore satanic metal was NEVER mainstream. I don't deny that there is rap and hip/hop that is positive but the mainstream stuff that most people are subjected to against their will is not.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:13 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Rap and hip hop were created as being anti-white and anti-establishment. That was the whole point.

So, of course liberals aren’t going to criticize that. They agree with it wholeheartedly.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPodRacing View Post
It's more of an indication of American culture.

Violence and sex sell. They see that, and capitalize.

Also, Rock suffers from a "crabs in the bucket mentality". While hip-hop artists celebrate success, Rockers tend to see success as selling out.

Which rockers see success as selling out?
The problem I also have with hip hop artists is that their massive success is often at the expense of their fans. They promote this lifestyle that the vast majority of poor inner city kids will likely never achieve and they promote destructive criminal behavior that will likely get them killed or incarcerated. they are basically making their millions off of a message that says, drop out of school, become a gangbanger or the next big rap star. There is maybe a .01% chance that they will become the next big rap star and the other paths lead to poverty, an early death or incarceration but they these rappers are more than happy to enrich themselves off of that dynamic.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:29 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Because liberals expect black people to be vulgar, offensive, misogynistic, and murderous, so the music is culturally correct to liberals. Only conservatives are offended that black people tolerate this self-racism.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:00 PM

1,568 posts, read 907,833 times
I heard the song W.A.P. really means Widdle Adorable Princess. Perfect for all your ten-year-old daughters to sing along with.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:17 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
It is amazing what the Libs can tune out and on the flip side what they can tune in to when the memo gets passed around for the latest outrage.

Trump grabbed a "groupie" by her bits as a private citizen and he is the worse human to have ever lived.

Biden pushes an intern up against the wall and puts his hand under her dress when he as a Senator and even though they screamed at us during the Kavanaugh hearing that ALL WOMEN HAVE TO BE BELIEVED! Tara Reade was a lying Bimbo..

The Left has selective hearing as well as selective memories, so yes they can support women's Rights while listening to music that trashes them.

Old 04-23-2022, 04:20 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I like the topic of this thread so I'll bump it but my reply is a bit of a turn. I really enjoy this reply I heard on Quora on the topic of wokeness... Basically the opposite of equity.... Diversity in the workplace is one of the reasons we have so much dead weight and so many parasites in the system because there's a lot of token jobs that where they don't actually do a lot of work in place in a lot of companies but especially in government. This doesn't count the growing number people who are on disability, welfare, section 8, etc or the big corporations at the top the zombie companies who get bailouts from quantitative easing and modern monetary theory pumping their stock to irrational valuations.

"As a non-equal opportunity employer I can tell you it pays big time to not go woke. I only hire the best regardless of their background or ethnicity and it works. Only results matter In business nothing else.

70% of our sales representatives are Jewish, 80% of our designers are Asian. That's what it looks like to hire the best people for the job.

It is simple really.

Talented people make Quality product ==> Quality product sells

Having a diverse team means you don’t have the best people working for you. It means you have dead weight in your team. It means you are wasting money. It means you are damaging the future of all the other people that work for your company.

The only requirements is results and I don’t care if you have raw talent or you put in countless hours of work to be this good, if you can do the job better the people around you, you have a place in my company. We don’t waist time with gender diversity training and all the sensitivity nonsense too.

We only do on the job training and WHMIS training (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) because if we don’t train you on what we are working with you can become a root inspector and we will need to pick up the bill for you."

Old 04-23-2022, 04:35 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
It exists because democrats have created a whole new dimension to the concept of HYPOCRISY……

(Climate alarmists flying around in private jets, owning multiple resource-guzzling mansions, and driving in gas-guzzling limousines to events)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies