Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 05:18 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

https://mobile.twitter.com/discloset...21774347571203
Quote:

MORE - Assange could face a 175-year sentence for exposing war crimes. The decision will now move to UK's Home Secretary for approval. The defense has until May 18 to make submissions.
yet so many journalists spew destructive lies every day without suffering recourse.
The UK is our ***** and Trump should have pardoned him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 05:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yet so many journalists spew destructive lies every day without suffering recourse.
So why didn't Trump pardon him?

Old 04-20-2022, 05:22 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I have no idea. Do you think he should be pardoned?

Old 04-20-2022, 05:22 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times
Quote:
Is Frank a mind reader? Jesus Christ with your inane posts about Trump. Definition of TDS

Old 04-20-2022, 05:24 AM

7,920 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:

Damn straight. There are many things Trump did that I disagreed with but not pardoning Assange is definitely near the top. If he's still alive in 2024 and DeSantis wants to gain momentum in any run against Trump he should promise to pardon Assange. It could easily sway some undecideds.

Old 04-20-2022, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I have no idea. Do you think he should be pardoned?
I haven't invested the time in the whole issue to be able to assert one way or the other, I was just curious as to why folks think Trump didn't pardon Assange if they think he should have been.

Old 04-20-2022, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Is Frank a mind reader? Jesus Christ with your inane posts about Trump. Definition of TDS
I genuinely was interested in knowing why Trump wouldn't have. I don't feel strongly about this issue and don't know where you got any kind of criticism of Trump in my question.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:34 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:

Why don't you ask him yourself since you are the one with TDS? But, yes Trump should have pardoned him.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:44 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
I genuinely was interested in knowing why Trump wouldn't have. I don't feel strongly about this issue and don't know where you got any kind of criticism of Trump in my question.
Sorry that instead of directly giving a theory ,your inquiry was jettisoned to a label by a participant here.
My theory is that if Assenge was pardoned, then some truth about Trump would be produced that gives validation for his corrupt manuevers. That's my theory anyways.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:47 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,166 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
It's likely that the defence lawyers will make another appeal to the High Court, so don't expect Assange to be arriving in the US any time soon.

The UK is only allowing extradition on the basis that Assange is not put in Supermax conditions and can serve any sentence in his native Australia.

Extraditions are increasingly being challenged due to the US Prison System, and it's failure to comply with international human rights.

In the Assange case further challenges are likely in relation to the initial case (issues of law in the first instance) and in relation to fresh developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian

Mark Summers QC, for Assange, told the chief magistrate that he had no option but to send the case to the home secretary. It was not open, at this point, for Assange’s team to raise fresh evidence but there had been “fresh developments”, he added.

Summers said “serious submissions” would be made to the home secretary regarding US sentencing and conditions.

The brief hearing was taking place after the supreme court last month refused Assange’s appeal against his extradition. He had sought to challenge a judgment by the high court in December that ruled he could be extradited after assurances from the US authorities with regard to his prison conditions there.

An extradition order was issued by the chief magistrate, Paul Goldspring, during the seven-minute hearing.

Goldspring told Assange: “In layman’s terms, I am duty bound to send your case to the secretary of state for a decision.”

As well as being able to make submissions to Patel, Assange’s lawyers can also access other routes to fight his extradition. This could include mounting a challenge on other issues of law raised at first instance on which he lost and have not yet been subject to appeal.

UK court approves extradition of Julian Assange to US - The Guardian

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-20-2022 at 07:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies