Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 08:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabemarc View Post
Probably because those same blacks have been attacked, abused and discriminated against in the past by the same people who now want them to take a stand against undocumented immigrants.

Conservatives don't care about blacks, they just want to turn them against Hispanics and other minorities in order to advance their far-right agenda.
How did those “same people” attacked, abused and discriminated against blacks in the past?

Oh and by the way, no one here wants blacks to take a stand against undocumented immigrants. This thread is just pointing out how flawed the blind support for Democrats is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 09:08 AM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Why don't all y'all who got interested in illegals within the last 10 years learn the history and customs associated with illegals.

Time was illegals were so welcomed in Texas the school buses in the border towns stopped at the bridges to pick up Mexican kids for school in Texas. Texas loved illegals when it was the farmers and home builders employing them.

Even when there were union shops, unions didn't want blacks. But then they figured dues paying Mexicans were ok. The unions got the construction jobs from government, home builders used illegals.

The bleeding hearts always thought the USA could save the whole world.

But all those illegals who came in the 60s, 70s and 80s had anchor babies. As American citizens they are the relatives who are allowing in all those who can legally get in because the bleeding hearts didn't want to separate families.

And it will not stop in any administration, wall or not until we have laws that cannot be interpreted to suit which ever party is in power.

Fast forward to Trump finding a great base building issue and here we are.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:36 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Conservatives to blacks 60 years ago: "I don't want you to live in my neighborhood, I don't want your children to go to the same schools my children are going, I don't want you to visit the same restaurants and stores I go to."

Conservatives to blacks today: "I need your help to keep illegals away from my neighborhood, from our restaurants, churches, stores and their children out of our schools. Will you help me please?"

So people don't change? And what does the past have to do with illegal immigration today anyway? Illegal immigration negatively impacts blacks to so why aren't they looking at it that way instead? Aren't they supposed to be for the rule of law just like everyone else?

Old 04-20-2022, 09:48 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,330,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
because it's a two-fer.....

Dems are letting all these low skilled workers in...

...and at the same time giving the illusion they will increase benefits to blacks, etc
Exactly. I'm not sure why Democrats hate Blacks so much, but they've been on a mission to marginalize Blacks for at least 40 years. I'm pretty outspoken about how stupid Democrats are, but it's stuff like this that makes me think they may actually be evil geniuses and genuinely believe that everyone else (especially Blacks) are stupid enough to fall for their outrageously racist policies.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:21 AM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So people don't change? And what does the past have to do with illegal immigration today anyway? Illegal immigration negatively impacts blacks to so why aren't they looking at it that way instead? Aren't they supposed to be for the rule of law just like everyone else?
do people change? what does the past have to do with illegal immigration today, anyway? LOLOLOLOL

How do you feel about grown people who were brought to the USA by their parents when they were 3 years old? IIRC, your position was they are illegal and should be deported. The should not be rewarded due to the commission of their parents criminal acts.

What to do about those kids was one of the big reasons the gang of 8 proposal was nixed.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:26 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,403,069 times
Quote:
Back in 2008, the United States Commission on Civil Rights assembled a panel of experts whose findings were released in a report called "The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers." The Commission found that illegal workers comprise as much as one-third of immigrants, and that illegal immigration creates a surplus of low-skilled, low-wage labor in the U.S. labor market. Experts on the panel testified that while illegal immigration to the U.S. depresses employment and wages for low-skilled American citizens, Black men are disproportionally affected.

https://www.newsweek.com/supporting-...pinion-1699099

Why do so many blacks not care about this? We see them right here in this forum. Are they so blindly supportive of the Democrats not to see that their policies on this issue are effecting them negatively just like it does white Americans and other races?
Not only black workers but Latino workers. But also uneducated/unskilled white workers who hold most of the jobs that will be taken over by illegal aliens because they will work for less.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:31 AM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
because it's a two-fer.....

Dems are letting all these low skilled workers in...

...and at the same time giving the illusion they will increase benefits to blacks, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Howso? Is "they" the gov't, or is "they" the illegal workers?
dems = they

how much more racist can dems get = they...meaning illegals...will do the work "we" won't do

....who exactly is this "we" the dems are talking about

Old 04-20-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Conservatives to blacks 60 years ago: "I don't want you to live in my neighborhood, I don't want your children to go to the same schools my children are going, I don't want you to visit the same restaurants and stores I go to."

Conservatives to blacks today: "I need your help to keep illegals away from my neighborhood, from our restaurants, churches, stores and their children out of our schools. Will you help me please?"

How do you know those were conservatives? Most of the country back then were segregated. Pretty sure every American liberal alive today came from people that supported the segregation back then.

Democrats were the party that supported slavery. Republicans like Lincoln were the ones that freed the slaves.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
do people change? what does the past have to do with illegal immigration today, anyway? LOLOLOLOL

How do you feel about grown people who were brought to the USA by their parents when they were 3 years old? IIRC, your position was they are illegal and should be deported. The should not be rewarded due to the commission of their parents criminal acts.

What to do about those kids was one of the big reasons the gang of 8 proposal was nixed.
The past were brought up by your fellow Leftist poster above.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Back in 2008, the United States Commission on Civil Rights assembled a panel of experts whose findings were released in a report called "The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers." The Commission found that illegal workers comprise as much as one-third of immigrants, and that illegal immigration creates a surplus of low-skilled, low-wage labor in the U.S. labor market. Experts on the panel testified that while illegal immigration to the U.S. depresses employment and wages for low-skilled American citizens, Black men are disproportionally affected.

https://www.newsweek.com/supporting-...pinion-1699099

Why do so many blacks not care about this? We see them right here in this forum. Are they so blindly supportive of the Democrats not to see that their policies on this issue are effecting them negatively just like it does white Americans and other races?
The study was, like all studies, a point in time.

Hundreds of thousands of jobs, not just low skill/wage jobs, were lost in 2008. Fast forward to 2022, low skill/wage job vacancies trend persistent, despite 14 years of continued illegal immigration and increasing wages.

The conclusions of this dated study are no long relevant and seems to generally imply black males are less capable of more than low skill/wage jobs.

Having said this, the drop- out rate among US born black males continues to trend higher than the overall drop- out rate, which has been declining for years. For a percentage of them, gang related money- making activities, like drug and firearm trafficking are more lucrative than low skill/wage jobs which don't have street credibility. This has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the early 80's. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority, the can kept on kicking. So long as US people and businesses continue to economically engage undocumented people without consequence, they will come.

Mo Brooks recently introduced a bill to make e-Verify a Federal Law. One might wonder why he did not do so, when the Republicans held the majority of both chambers when Trump sat the oval. Senator Grassley did in 2019. It only garnered 13 co-sponsors. Trump was on the record being less than supportive because of the increased burden on employers. Maybe that's what his sons told him after it was discovered Trump Org employed undocumented people at many properties with obvious fake or non- existent IDS.

The reality is it takes less than a minute.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies