Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 08:24 AM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times

Advertisements

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madeli...ition-n2606051

Based on this article, I'm not sure the parents have much of a case, though I agree with its premise, as they don't provide much in the way of evidence,(Unless, they're saving the "big" evidence for the trial), and the evidence they did provide says the teacher did not try to conceal anything...

If I were the child's parent, I'd be taking a good, long look at that $1000 iPhone I handed my 10 year old, with unfiltered access to TikTok, and other social media outlets that create echo chambers of propaganda for the "qu**r" movement, as some like to call it. All it takes is watching one video about "transgenderism" to inundated with hundreds of those types of videos.

While I understand Massachusetts is quite Progressive, socially, in this scenario, I believe TikTok did far more damage to these young women than the school system.

From the article: "According to the lawsuit, parents claim that Ludlow Public Schools had a “protocol and practice of concealing from parents information related to their children’s gender identity” in middle school."

If that is true, that should be fought to be overturned. That is not right. Is it the government's children or the parent's children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 08:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Looking at the article, I think the parents have a case, as there seems to be video and email evidence created by school employees or via school assignment to students by school employees going back to 2019.

There are also 2 sets of parents.

This is a case to watch.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:33 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
The title of the article and this thread is totally misleading.

Changing names and pronouns is not making a kid trans.

Quote:
Parents in Massachusetts are suing their kids' school alleging that teachers and staff encouraged students to change their pronouns and names without parents’ knowledge or consent.

According to the lawsuit, parents claim that Ludlow Public Schools had a “protocol and practice of concealing from parents information related to their children’s gender identity” in middle school

Old 04-20-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post

Yes.

It is.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:52 AM

96 posts, read 50,664 times
At the very least it is totally inappropriate without the parents knowledge and express permission. Schools do not have authority over a child's personal life in this way, its usurping parents' authority and responsibility.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:06 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
The former is totally arbitrary--if you want to name your little offspring, that popped out with a penis, Annabella, feel free. But don't expect to have any respect from your son, Annabella, come time he's old enough to be made fun of and realize what you've done to him.

The latter is a denial of reality--if you want to call a duck a mountain goat, feel free. But don't expect anything more than a laugh at you from a sane person whom you request do the same.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The former is totally arbitrary--if you want to name your little offspring, that popped out with a penis, Annabella, feel free. But don't expect to have any respect from your son, Annabella, come time he's old enough to be made fun of and realize what you've done to him.

The latter is a denial of reality--if you want to call a duck a mountain goat, feel free. But don't expect anything more than a laugh at you from a sane person whom you request do the same.
And you don't as a teacher decide

a girl in your class is a boy
start calling her a boy name
call her a he/him

And do so without parental knowledge or consent.

That's where the lawsuit comes in.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:29 AM

6,365 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:

Out of that entire article that is what you got out of it?

This school encouraged kids to change their names or pronouns, that is NOT the duty of a teacher or a school. Especially if they keep the parents in the dark about what is going on.

I know this is hard for some liberals and progressives to understand, but parents do actually have the right to make decisions that involve their children.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:29 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

You just reminded me of an old Johnny Cash song: A Boy Named Sue.

I don't agree with the "lesson" that was being taught in that school. They may have had the intent to bring awareness of the existence of alternate genders for all we know. People may agree or disagree on whether that is appropriate for the school to do.

But the school did not give any kids hormones or puberty blocking drugs, nor did they arrange for surgeries for any of the kids. Thus the title of the article saying they "carried out secret gender transitions on children" is misleading. I tend to get very annoyed when headlines make a situation sound so much worse than the actual story.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:33 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
You just reminded me of an old Johnny Cash song: A Boy Named Sue.

I don't agree with the "lesson" that was being taught in that school. They may have had the intent to bring awareness of the existence of alternate genders for all we know. People may agree or disagree on whether that is appropriate for the school to do.

But the school did not give any kids hormones or puberty blocking drugs, nor did they arrange for surgeries for any of the kids. Thus the title of the article saying they "carried out secret gender transitions on children" is misleading. I tend to get very annoyed when headlines make a situation sound so much worse than the actual story.
There is no valid reason for schools, especially elementary schools to introduce students to gender identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies