Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2022, 02:42 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Is that what annoys you? I think you should look for a psychologist... those who get very irritated with the sexuality of others have problems.... there is only one correction in the next generation Z who soon assumed all the lgbt positions is 20% of the population
It annoys me because they are doing it specifically to bash you over the head with it. It's not an accurate representation of society are large or presumably, their customer base. It's frankly obnoxious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 02:48 PM

900 posts, read 375,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
It annoys me because they are doing it specifically to bash you over the head with it. It's not an accurate representation of society are large or presumably, their customer base. It's frankly obnoxious.
Depending on where you live, most series and movies are a pretty faithful representation of Urban America....and other urbanized countries.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:50 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Nah, I don't think it has anything to do with Wokeness.

It's due to price increases, Netflix produced content that is mostly average at best, the same content as other streaming companies (they just rotate the same stuff between each other), and lots of alternatives to Netflix that are cheaper.

There is nothing that pushes people to keep Netflix over Disney+ or HBOMax who both have a lot of good original content. And a lot of people have Amazon Prime Video because it's included in Prime for free shipping from Amazon.

I got Disney+, Hulu+, and ESPN+ for less than 1 Netflix household subscription.

They don't rotate their exclusive content to other streaming services and that's what people are watching.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Just go to "romance" section. 50% of the stories are LGBT romance hidden with the regular ones. Trying to force people who don't want to watch that to watch it.
Did they remove the batteries from your remote to prevent you from turning it off? Did they prevent you from looking up the movie or watching the trailer to see what it was about?
No?
Then they are not forcing anyone to watch anything.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:53 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Go woke, go broke.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:53 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Who is being bashed over the head? Is anyone forcing you to watch movies or television shows that you don't want to see? Is anyone making you watch two gay people kiss? Is anyone making you subscribe to Netflix?

Old 04-20-2022, 02:54 PM

962 posts, read 540,945 times
People in this thread don't realize that Elon Musk is trying to sell cars. He's all in on the "anti-woke" stuff to get people who wouldn't buy EVs to buy Teslas.

"Woke mind virus". What does it mean? Nobody knows what it means but it's provocative.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Go woke, go broke.
Netflix is far from broke.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/net...es-51650456897
"Netflix outlined a series of factors contributing to its poor performance, including macroeconomic headwinds, the war in Ukraine, account-sharing, and increased competition and market saturation in North America and Canada."

I don't see "woke" in there anywhere.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Depending on where you live, most series and movies are a pretty faithful representation of Urban America....and other urbanized countries.
I live in California. It's pretty liberal and there are a lot of gays, but 50% of the population is not gay here.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Who is being bashed over the head? Is anyone forcing you to watch movies or television shows that you don't want to see? Is anyone making you watch two gay people kiss? Is anyone making you subscribe to Netflix?
No, no one is forcing me, but when I go to watch a movie that looks good, I don't know that it's going to have gay sex in it, then it usually does. They should put a warning or put it in the trailer so I know before starting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies