Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2022, 03:55 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,375,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Netflix actually made some decent shows and series. You'll notice their most successful ones like Stranger Things and Cobra Kai aren't ultra-woke.

The Last Kingdom is excellent and on par, if not better, than GOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 04:24 AM

7,931 posts, read 3,481,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I agree. If people are repelled by the kinds of films Netflix or any other service is showing, then they should simply go elsewhere. There are a lot of other alternatives.

I'm completely in favor of the free market.
Of course but the free market does not prohibit people from speaking out against content they don't like. One can go elsewhere while at the same time noting the deterioration of the content of the platform they are leaving. The free market can both decide and tell us why.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:30 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Maybe if Netflix hadn’t appropriated their programming budget to the Obamas for vastly overpriced woke programming they could have diversified their offerings to attract viewers. Their overall programming has begun to royally suck.

I noticed the same thing happen with HBO and Showtime. I went through the menu one day and discovered nothing but social justice documentaries and “urban” programming.

Well … bye! Entertain me or be gone!

Old 04-21-2022, 04:46 AM

8,052 posts, read 10,646,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Netflix decline is less about being woke and more about the streaming market proliferation of numerous outlets.

Too many to chose from.
That's exactly how the Nefflix Press Release about it tried to spin it. Not a word from Netflix that perhaps some of the subscriber loss is directly tied to some of the programming. And yet I, and quite a few other posters on this thread, can attest to the fact that that is EXACTLY why we dropped our subscriptions with them.

But you can believe it's all about too many other "choices" if you want to.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:23 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Did they remove the batteries from your remote to prevent you from turning it off? Did they prevent you from looking up the movie or watching the trailer to see what it was about?
No?
Then they are not forcing anyone to watch anything.
No, they are forcing me to not watch their stuff, which is probably not a good business model. But hey, it’s their business. If they want to run it into the ground more power to them.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:25 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The Last Kingdom is excellent and on par, if not better, than GOT.
I looked it up and will have to put that on my watch list. Thanks!

Old 04-21-2022, 05:37 AM

4,035 posts, read 2,721,015 times
My two cents......

When I first signed on with Netflix, for awhile they were the only/biggest streaming service out there, and they had a lot more content.

Two things I remember Netflix having for a long time were 1.) The "Star Trek" franchise, and 2.) Disney movies/shows. (These both have *huge* fanbases.)

Then Disney Plus comes along, and there go all the Disney things from Netflix.

Then Paramount streaming comes along, and there goes "Star Trek" (I'd been in the middle of a 'Voyager' binge when that happened--one day there, the next day, gone.)

So that might have yanked away a lot of their base--they lost those viewers to other streaming services.

Something else I found myself wondering about is that of all the streaming services *I* subscribe to, Netflix is the only one that releases the entire season of a show all at once, as opposed to one episode per week, they way others do. And I sort of wonder if *that* hurts them, as well. If you binge on "Stranger Things" over the course of a weekend, and you're not seeing anything else on Netflix that interests you until the next season, then maybe you'll cancel your subscription and save yourself some money until the next season comes out, and then you'll sign up again.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:41 AM

29,520 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Musk is an idiot. The fact is, Netflix lost subscribers because they raised their prices way too much. With so many streaming options, many just weren't willing to pay the increase for them.
Lol.."Musk is an idiot" ...that is effing hilarious. He isn't. He just may not be entirely correct on this one. Netflix's issues are a combination of things. Price increase, less people watching due to more people back to work, Russia being shut down, people in Ukraine not watching, and people not liking some of the new "alternative" programming.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:42 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Lol.."Musk is an idiot" ...that is effing hilarious. He isn't. He just may not be entirely correct on this one. Netflix's issues are a combination of things. Price increase, less people watching due to more people back to work, Russia being shut down, people in Ukraine not watching, and people not liking some of the new "alternative" programming.
Isn’t that just darling?

I’d love to see a comparative list of Natalie’s life accomplishments set beside Musk’s.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:52 AM

29,520 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Isn’t that just darling?

I’d love to see a comparative list of Natalie’s life accomplishments set beside Musk’s.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies