Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 12:12 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,844,106 times

Advertisements

How silly to get so triggered over something like this new comedy-drama, He's Expecting. It's not a proposal for real life, people. It's fiction. There is always fiction out there that some people will like, some not so much. So people love horrible shows that depict a zombie apocalypse, or will watch any number of gruesome shows and movies that come out. But make a show about a pregnant man and people lose their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Just go to "romance" section. 50% of the stories are LGBT romance hidden with the regular ones. Trying to force people who don't want to watch that to watch it.
Is it possible to google LGBT or something like that to see if a certain show or movie contains that content?

Old 04-20-2022, 12:23 PM

So I googled this so-called woke new show, He's Expecting.

It's fiction, people. Just like every other fictional movie or television show. I don't get it. People will watch zombies eating people. No outrage. Watch gruesome torture scenes. No outrage. Watch horrible violence. No outrage. But make a comedy-drama about a pregnant man, and hoo boy, people lose their minds.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
taking note of something happening doesn't 'bog down' anyone.
Some don't just take note. They're rabid.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,550,354 times
Didn't they also pull out of Russia after the Ukraine invasion? That's a loss of some subscribers, too. When you get to the top spot as Netflix has, there is only one way to go. I'm not sure there is a mass exodus from Netflix because some movies (that you can choose not to watch) has some dudes kissing in it.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:28 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,589,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Did they also pull out of Russia after the Ukraine invasion? That's a loss of some subscribers, too. When you get to the top spot as Netflix has, there is only one way to go. I'm not sure there is a mass exodus from Netflix because some movies (that you can choose not to watch) has some sudes kissing in it.

You can't choose until the deed is done.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:31 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,550,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
You can't choose until the deed is done.
Goog... I mean, DuckDuckGo any movie you might want to watch.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:32 PM

9,544 posts, read 4,370,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How silly to get so triggered over something like this new comedy-drama, He's Expecting. It's not a proposal for real life, people. It's fiction. There is always fiction out there that some people will like, some not so much. So people love horrible shows that depict a zombie apocalypse, or will watch any number of gruesome shows and movies that come out. But make a show about a pregnant man and people lose their minds.
I don't think anyone is getting triggered by "He's Expecting" specifically. Taken on it's own, you're right - it's just fictional comedy. However, in the context of general programming trends on Netflix, it becomes a bit worrisome. Just as stay-at-home mom TV shows of the 1950's propagated a stereotype that some now find reprehensible and planted the notion of what a typical domestic situation should be in the minds of young people, programming dominated by an astounding lack of diversity via focus on race and sexuality will do so as well. That's the problem.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I don't think anyone is getting triggered by "He's Expecting" specifically. Taken on it's own, you're right - it's just fictional comedy. However, in the context of general programming trends on Netflix, it becomes a bit worrisome. Just as stay-at-home mom TV shows of the 1950's propagated a stereotype that some now find reprehensible and planted the notion of what a typical domestic situation should be in the minds of young people, programming dominated by an astounding lack of diversity via focus on race and sexuality will do so as well. That's the problem.
Growing up in the 1950s I watched a lot of those shows that I still love today. Believe it or not I never vacuumed my house wearing pearls and high heels. Nor did I bring my husband his paper and slippers when he got home. Besides, I got home from work later than he did most of the time.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:36 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,316,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I love to see things like this happening to WOKE companies. It does my heart good. Hopefully Disney is hurt a lot also. Go WOKE and Go Broke...

https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...ss-1235236688/

Elon Musk weighed in on Netflix’s subscriber loss in the first quarter of 2022 by claiming “the woke mind virus” is making the streaming platform “unwatchable.” Netflix announced Tuesday that it had lost 200,000 subscribers, marking the first time in 10 years the streamer has reported a decrease in subscribers. Following the news, Netflix’s stock crashed to a four-year low.

While Musk did not detail why Netflix shows are contributing to “the woke mind virus” that’s killing the streaming giant, he did agree with one follower who claimed that the “woke mind virus is the biggest threat to the civilization.” Musk replied, “Yes.”

Another follower wrote to Musk, “It’s not just Netflix. Movies in general, video games, TV, it’s all infested with current year trend woke garbage for fear of offending a green haired freak next to the ban button. Nothing original anymore at all, except for media coming out of places like Japan or Korea, ironically.” Musk responded, “True.”
details aren't your strong suit, diddly.

Netflix has 220 million paid subscriptions. 200K unsubscribes is 0.09% (a fraction of 1%) of their subscribers. Oddly, they lost 700K Russian subscribers when they pulled service; however, they also expect 2 million to leave in Q2 - probably because of their price hikes.

Now, they had projected a 2.5MM increase in subs, so a 200K loss (even with Russia) is pretty substantial. But as far as ACTUAL lost subscribers, it's still just 0.09%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies