Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 01:43 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. There is a white supremacy problem in America. Period. It matters not how many Black or Hispanic Republicans there are in that party. Look at the Americans who attacked the US Capital on 1/6/2021. People there were wearing Nazi or pro-Nazi props. I'm sure the 23 people killed in El Paso by a far rightwing gunman wouldn't think that white supremacy doesn't exist--if they weren't murdered in an act of domestic hate terrorism. I read someone on this site say that anyone crossing the border at non-designated areas should be shot. Hey, maybe that poster will take it up and go do it himself. Heck, I think people already do. Is this what 'America First" looks like? If so, I want nothing to do with it. Peace.

Wow.

The media did some major damage with you.

It would take a whole week of red pilling to fix this absolute mess.

So sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 02:14 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
And, The Squad is the future of the Democratic Party...

Actually they very well may be.

After the mid terms, most of the only Democrats left are going to be only in deep blue radically left districts.

So - at least for the short term - that has some truth to it.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:18 PM

3,327 posts, read 2,136,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Actually they very well may be.

After the mid terms, most of the only Democrats left are going to be only in deep blue radically left districts.

So - at least for the short term - that has some truth to it.

Possibly. Squad types are a unique bunch. They're like an arsonist at 3am who sets your home ablaze and sticks around long enough to angrily chide you about not being sufficiently thankful that they rang your doorbell before dropping the match onto the gasoline.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Increased spending and debt
High welfare
High inflation
Never ending wars
Federal Reserve operating without transparency.

That's what happened. That isn't MAGA. That's business as usual.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:44 PM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Quote:
Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. There is a white supremacy problem in America. Period. It matters not how many Black or Hispanic Republicans there are in that party. Look at the Americans who attacked the US Capital on 1/6/2021. People there were wearing Nazi or pro-Nazi props. I'm sure the 23 people killed in El Paso by a far rightwing gunman wouldn't think that white supremacy doesn't exist--if they weren't murdered in an act of domestic hate terrorism. I read someone on this site say that anyone crossing the border at non-designated areas should be shot. Hey, maybe that poster will take it up and go do it himself. Heck, I think people already do. Is this what 'America First" looks like? If so, I want nothing to do with it. Peace.
You sir are the problem. You have gobbled up so much fake news youre living in fantasy land. On my time on earth i have never run into a white supremacy issue and neither have you, last week there was a black supremacy shooting that injured 15 and it was out of the news cycle as soon as it didnt agree with the narrative. Neither of these issues effect 99.999% of Americans.

The issues today are inflation, the economy, illegal immigration and long term supply challenges of US oil. Each one of these issues are self-inflicted wounds by Biden. The media and Biden has distracted you while they destroy the country.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:53 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
The new politics will be MAGA vs DSA

Old 04-20-2022, 03:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
There is not a white supremacy problem. Period. 7000 hate crimes by ALL groups in one year is not a problem. The recent subway killer was a black supremacist. Granted as uninformed as you are, you wouldn't know about that incident.

You read something on a site one person said. Wow that really carries a lot of weight.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:18 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Oh look, the NYT managed to not print Fake News.

The Republican Party is on a massive trajectory to a rendezvous with destiny, and the McConnells/Cheneys/Romneys ain't invited.

Time to flex.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...warns-readers/

That's right Dems and RINOs.

Abandon all hope of returning to the bad ole' days. Those days are finito.

The Republican Party now stands for Freedom, individuality, secure borders, prosperity, and a foreign policy that always puts America First.

The transformation has only just begun, and it is about to accelerate as this crazy little rock called Earth hurdles toward November.

And even the Lefties are finally beginning to get it.
I never did understand -- well, okay, I can guess -- why anyone would have a problem with making American great again -- and why it turned into (in their minds) a call to return to white racism.

To me, it was only about making the U.S. prosperous again -- and for me, that meant prosperous for ALL citizens.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:24 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I never did understand -- well, okay, I can guess -- why anyone would have a problem with making American great again -- and why it turned into (in their minds) a call to return to white racism.

To me, it was only about making the U.S. prosperous again -- and for me, that meant prosperous for ALL citizens.
And to make it even more confounding, Bill Clinton used the same phrase when he ran for President in 1992:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...-first-n645716

Others also used it.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:30 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I won't be voting for any Republicans unless.....but.
1) The Republican in question has no ties to MAGA
2) The MAGA movement goes away.
There are things about the MAGA that are actually good policy. I just want Trump to go be a forever former president. I will be voting in the primary against any Trump endorsed candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies