Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 11:02 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Put together "white" and the N word.
So what sitting congressperson has had that term trending about them?

Old 04-21-2022, 12:40 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Democrats have hurt Black people more than anyone else

- Vaccine mandates have forced many Black people between to choose between their jobs and health. Thankfully this was struck down except for HCWs

- Defund the police/catch and release/soft on crime policies pushed by Democrats has led to an explosion of violence in primarily Black neighborhoods where countless innocent Black people are killed by criminals

- Inflation, while a multifactorial problem, has been exacerbated by Democratic polices especially around fracking and drilling, cuts into Black people more as they have less assets and more likely to live paycheck to paycheck.

So we will see, I'm hoping Black people wake up and turn their backs on the DemoDonkeys.
Sorry, not going to happen in any significant numbers for a couple of reasons that myself and others have reiterated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 12:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
I can't go back to the Clintons/Al Gore, and won't debate with you whether southern Democrats from the past were conservative or not. Since I didn't live in that time, every article I read now is mentioning it but maybe it's brainwashing. The article you linked doesn't mention southern Democrat.

My point is not all Democrats today are the same (in message, experience, and approach to voters), and likewise, not all Republicans are the same.

In PA, there is a Senate primary to happen, and on the Democrat side, it will be John Fetterman a progressive vs. Conor Lamb, who is preferred by Biden and the Democrat establishment. The establishment likes his resume, his dependability to Biden, and how he can win swing/GOP district in the western side of the state.

However, Fetterman has been drawing more appeal and fundraising, even with working class and blue collar voters. He would likely generate more interest with Black voters. They say he is a populist/Bernie Sanders like.

But Biden will push for Conor Lamb. And if the establishment were to prop up Lamb and when it comes time to get the black voters interested in Philly, I'm afraid the establishment will call Obama to stump out for Lamb and leave it at that.

A WSJ opinion piece was scathing towards PA voters taking a risky approach of choosing a progressive.

The message is generalized that progressivism is risky because of the expensive BBB bill that failed in Congress and how Biden was preferred over Sanders in PA. Totally ignoring that even though Biden was a Philly area candidate and VP to Obama that helped him win the Black vote. But, in this case - the PA senate race, this progressive (Fetterman) is the better choice. He doesn't want to ban fracking either.

In WI, the candidate (Mandela Barnes) is a progressive but his resume is very light. In Maine in 2020's senate election, the Democrat's progressive (Sara Gideon) loss against an incumbent moderate Republican (Susan Collins) likely indicated that the Democrats should have found a moderate Democrat, one who didn't grow up in Rhode Island. Each state/each race/candidates is different.

On a national level for Democrat politics, maybe a moderate is better at this point of time. I don't think it will happen but maybe Klobuchar runs again. She will lose some the black coalition but at least try to win over other coalitions in the Dem Party, which is good. The D party shouldn't be dependent on limited coalitions.

As far as Republicans, I don't see how partisan gerrymandering efforts, eliminating Sunday voting in GA, that hurt Black population districts helps generate interest with Black voters at least with Congressional representation.
I agree that everyone is different.

I am not up on many Democrat smaller elections, so I won't speak to that.

If Klobuchar runs, she should be held accountable for not dealing with Derek Chauvin in one of his prior misconducts before murdering Floyd...and then dismissed.

Old 04-21-2022, 01:54 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If Klobuchar runs, she should be held accountable for not dealing with Derek Chauvin in one of his prior misconducts before murdering Floyd...and then dismissed.
Why?

Quote:
“That investigation continued into a time when I was already sworn into the US Senate,” she said. “I never declined the case. It was handled and sent to the grand jury by my successor.”

“The decisions were made when I was in the US Senate,” Klobuchar said.

A grand jury ultimately decided not to charge Chauvin or other officers involved in the 2006 shooting with any wrongdoing.
https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/amy-kl...n-in-shooting/

Old 04-21-2022, 02:13 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Pushing some core Dem voters become die hard Republican voters? Doubt it.

Making many core Dem voters feel lukewarm towards the party and likely to vote less often, especially outside presidential elections? Yes. Dems backing away from BLM demands offends left of the party, obsession with gender dysphoria offends moderates. Some moderates will sometimes back moderate GOP politicians.

Old 04-21-2022, 02:31 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Pushing some core Dem voters become die hard Republican voters? Doubt it.

Making many core Dem voters feel lukewarm towards the party and likely to vote less often, especially outside presidential elections? Yes. Dems backing away from BLM demands offends left of the party, obsession with gender dysphoria offends moderates. Some moderates will sometimes back moderate GOP politicians.
Most likely, there will be a massive no-show at the polls by both ethic Democrats and young Democrats. rather than a lot of party defections.

Old 04-21-2022, 03:35 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Most likely, there will be a massive no-show at the polls by both ethic Democrats and young Democrats. rather than a lot of party defections.
I agree.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:16 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
You don't need to be an activist to vote for civil rights. That's a strawman you just erected.
Who fought on the picket lines but activists? Jesse Helms said that all the movement accomplished could have been done without protests. You bleieve that?
Quote:
You are just throwing whatever crosses your mind at the wall and hoping it sticks. 1924... 1960... Strom Thurmond... Hugo Black... Clinton and a Central High you have no context to anything.
Those folks were famous in the history of race in America. Not made up stories about who was a Democrat.

Quote:
The old guard Democrats and liberal Republicans will say anything to stay in power. They have no problem using race to divide and conquer - whether it's pro-white or pro-black. They don't care about regular people - only themselves.
Easily said. For instance?

Old 04-21-2022, 04:17 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So what sitting congressperson has had that term trending about them?
I don't know. You asked for the term and I supplied it. It came up in "The Wire".

I have heard it applied to people, however.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:18 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Dems are killing blacks wholesale with their policies.

Pushing them away, is cover for the existential damage dems have done to that demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies