Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 05:54 PM

63,002 posts, read 29,210,493 times

Advertisements

A Mexican man and a woman, both illegally in the United States, were arrested in connection to the incident. The pair said they were working for a Mexican drug cartel and are awaiting deportation and felony charges, police said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wa...HwL?li=BBnb7Kz

But they are just here for a better life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 708 times
I'm picturing the chase scene with this music:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhAkQuZvLQ&ab_channel=AacroXtensions[/url]

And technically ya, if they succeed with the delivery, the money makes their life a bit better than average.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:48 PM

63,002 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenziedMilford View Post
I'm picturing the chase scene with this music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhA...AacroXtensions

And technically ya, if they succeed with the delivery, the money makes their life a bit better than average.
So does robbing a bank but it's against the law!

Old 04-20-2022, 06:54 PM

78,535 posts, read 60,718,007 times
They should have caught the gal, increased the dosage x10 and let her go with the pills.

Oh snap.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They should have caught the gal, increased the dosage x10 and let her go with the pills.

Oh snap.
I get a kick out of news like this...Law enforcement acts like they made some HUGE bust and they will go on and on how this bust will take LOTS of drugs off the streets! HA HA

Kind of funny how all the past HUGE drug busts, raids, discoveries at the border, airports, etc...it never seems to have any effect on the overall accessibility of illegal drugs!

I can remember the days when I was fully addicted to dope, people I hung around at that time, dealers and other addicts would hear of HUGE drug busts and raids nearby, (like at CVG airport) or a really big one when they pulled over an out of state car on the expressway...none of it ever impacted the accessibility or consistency in my area...

It still blows me away, to think, in 8+ yrs, my 'connections' were NEVER once out or low in supply. I cannot wrap my head around that, in fact of the numerous dealers I knew, they were swimming in the stuff, and they could never catch up to demand.

I think a lot of these big drug busts we see in the headlines are just propaganda, (to make the good people believe law enforcement is making progress on the drug problem, or they 'saved lives' by taking these drugs off the street. LOL ( but in reality, it didnt save anyone or decrease the amount at all).

When I talk to people about my past drug problem, I can clearly see the ones that have NO CLUE as to how extensive this problem really is, they hear drug busts and arrests and automatically believe police are making progress. (they are not and have not for decades)...

" In order to keep arresting people for drugs, to keep seizing cash and property...the supply of drugs MUST be consistent, otherwise dealers in the US would have little to no drugs to sell". (cannot arrest and convict and justify future budget money...if dealers have no drugs to sell).

Old 04-21-2022, 12:58 AM

6,753 posts, read 3,377,577 times
There is enough fentanyl in this country to kill every man, woman, and child 6 times over. They will never get rid of it.

If the borders were as secure as they used to be before demented disgraceful Biden took over, and the laws were enforced, the problem would be a lot less severe.

Drug dealers and runners need to be prosecuted and face long prison terms, not let go with little or no bail. If the prisons are full, build more prisons.

When laws are not enforced like they are now, we have chaos, and it all goes back to the Democrats open border policy and their refusal to prosecute the drug dealers responsible for putting this garbage on the streets.

Old 04-21-2022, 06:23 AM

1,866 posts, read 935,790 times
Biden's immigrants!

Old 04-21-2022, 06:27 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,306,708 times
Simple drug possession needs to be decriminalized, with hefty fines if you are caught with the hard drugs, while distribution and dealing need to be dealt with more harshly with multi-decade prison sentences for repeat offenders. For end users just confiscate the drugs and give them a $500-1000 fine.

However I would fully decriminalize marijuana and magic mushrooms. These two drugs in particular aren't particularly dangerous or addictive... Marijuana might be habit forming but as far as addictive traits go it's down there on the list compared to tobacco and even food. Also both of them are easy for anyone to grow especially mushrooms.

Despite the fact I never really became addicted to cigarettes and I've maybe smoked 100 of them in my life I still crave them more than marijuana. Most people who actually done hard Dopaminergic drugs like cocaine, meth, and heroin don't want them legalized because they are like tobacco multiplied by orders of magnitude how they can destroy lives.

Last edited by sholomar; 04-21-2022 at 06:39 AM..

Old 04-21-2022, 02:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Curious about the backstory we will never know.

Entering and being in the US illegally are not the same thing. There are about 350 million legal crossing each year.

How and when did they enter?

Was the car used to enter which implies they had visas, which may have expired.

How did the fentanyl enter the US?

If encased in the BMW, Customs and the dogs should have caught it, no?

Who is on the owner registration of the car?

Did the duo traffic across the border or hook up and were in the process of trafficking in the US?

Michigan does not share a border with Mexico.

Imagine they are on the Cartel's hit list.

Maybe they have beans to spill in exchange for protection.

Despite the known risks, people's appetite for hard drugs is insatiable.

Old 04-22-2022, 06:34 AM

9,920 posts, read 4,673,512 times
If weren't for the US junky customer this woman would've had to facilitate her own illegal entry into the US.

Yes smuggles, dealers are ruthless criminal organizations who would conduct business the same way wether it be loosy cigarettes or candy bars and should be prosecuted. But until demand subsides these people will part of the landscape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies