Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 06:53 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
A thirteen-year-old Washington D.C. male was arrested and released, over and over, during a three-week-long crime spree. He is being charged with nearly a dozen crimes. Undoubtedly, there were more, unreported.

Assault (with a hammer ), 2 carjackings, robbery, theft, and more.

My question is, why was he released repeatedly? On March 27th, he was charged with theft, armed robbery, and carjacking. Then released! This continued for 3 weeks!

Each time he was released, he resumed his crime spree.

Does anyone believe that America has "law and order" when courts do not incarcerate dangerous felons?

https://lovebylife.com/dc-teen-arres...d%20carjacking.

No doubt the Woke see him as a "victim" and "still just a baby".

His race has not been mentioned and doesn't even matter. I think "too bad he didn't die".

He will never be rehabilitated and will remain a burden to society his entire (hopefully short) life.
It's awful, we can agree on that - but the only source that claims he was arrested and released over and over is the one you are quoting. Every other site lists the offenses and state that he was arrested on April 21st, there is no indication that he was arrested more than once, so I think it's fair to assume that the police hadn't identified him or couldn't find him until April 21st. https://mpdc.dc.gov/release/arrest-m...enses-district
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 08:09 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's awful, we can agree on that - but the only source that claims he was arrested and released over and over is the one you are quoting. Every other site lists the offenses and state that he was arrested on April 21st, there is no indication that he was arrested more than once, so I think it's fair to assume that the police hadn't identified him or couldn't find him until April 21st. https://mpdc.dc.gov/release/arrest-m...enses-district
Your source shows he committed 4 carjackings and one attempted carjacking, among other crimes.

My quoted source showed a timeline of arrests. It's seems unlikely that they fabricated the list of arrest dates. What would be their motive?

According to other sources, he used a gun during most of his crimes.

https://wjla.com/news/local/13-year-...department-mpd

Lock his ass up and throw away the key!

Last edited by Futuremauian; 04-22-2022 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Added a line

Old 04-22-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Your source shows he committed 4 carjackings and one attempted carjacking, among other crimes.

My quoted source showed a timeline of arrests. It's seems unlikely that they fabricated the list of arrest dates. What would be their motive?
Your source shows the timeline of the dates of the crimes and indicates that he was 'charged' on those dates. You don't need to be in custody to be charged. The article (by DC Police) lists the offenses and indicates that on Thursday, April 21, 2022, a 13 year-old juvenile male, of Northeast, DC, was arrested and charged in the above offenses.

The crimes were committed on different dates, he was a suspect in each of those crimes, he was arrested ONCE

Old 04-22-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Your source shows the timeline of the dates of the crimes and indicates that he was 'charged' on those dates. You don't need to be in custody to be charged. The article (by DC Police) lists the offenses and indicates that on Thursday, April 21, 2022, a 13 year-old juvenile male, of Northeast, DC, was arrested and charged in the above offenses.

The crimes were committed on different dates, he was a suspect in each of those crimes, he was arrested ONCE
Not one of the sources that I checked indicated that he is in custody NOW.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Not one of the sources that I checked indicated that he is in custody NOW.
This article was published 10 hours ago and states:

Quote:
A 13-year-old boy is in custody accused of a string of robberies and carjackings across D.C., according to authorities. https://www.fox5dc.com/news/13-year-...pree-across-dc
Since he's a juvenile I don't think you can check booking logs, juveniles names are not released to the public

Old 04-22-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
This article was published 10 hours ago and states:

Since he's a juvenile I don't think you can check booking logs, juveniles names are not released to the public
Time will tell.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
My question is, why was he released repeatedly?
Blame Liberals.

There is a very clear distinction between juvenile crimes and adult crimes committed by juveniles.

Juvenile records are sealed (not expunged) upon turning 18 in most States.

When a juvenile commits an adult crime, those records should not be sealed and juveniles who commit adult crimes should be punished like adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies