Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 09:04 AM

3,265 posts, read 1,415,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Reminds me of Americas foreign policy and how we illegally invade and occupy sovereign nations, And how we murder innocents. Or how we sell weapons to the Saudis and they commit genocide against people in Yemen.

There are no good guys
The world is not black and white, and making some generic blanket statement that tries to equate what is going on in Ukraine with what you are presumably referring to what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan is pretty silly. The US government DID NOT sanction the raping of women, indiscriminately murdering 100's if not 1000's of non-combatants, intentionally targeting non-military structures with the intent of terrorizing the population of the country, and did not pass laws to shut down independent news organizations within the US to ensure the press could not report on the truth. Russia is doing all of these things.

There are absolutely good guys and bad guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 09:05 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Spoken like a true Fox news supporter. Some people favor Russia and there Authoritarian ways. And actually back Putin and his murdering ways. Bombing a kindergarten full of women and kids is ok with some folks. The following cant happen if people like Putin want to rule.
BS that some people like to eat with a big spoon.
Demonization and dehumanization of the enemy is what Western propaganda does every time.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:07 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Its may not be OK,....BUT, Uncle Sam is not the International Cop who should stick his business in other sovereign nation business.----AS I RECALL,... Ukraine rejected the idea of joining NATO when Trump was in office... BUT NOW, they want the support of NATO against their neighbor.

Yes,...lets get all the Nations together to defend this corrupt Gov. against their neighboring Corrupt gov.

AFTER-ALL we don't have enough OF OUR OWN Problems~

America is not playing cop in this case. Along with similar nations America is supporting those fighting for their own freedom and self determination.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Just for the sake of argument let's assume the political corruption exists. How does that justify bombing an entire city to rubble, shooting a guy who rides by on his bicycle, or bombing a maternity ward?
Yes, my heart still bleeds when I think about Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan...

Old 04-23-2022, 09:11 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Its may not be OK,....BUT, Uncle Sam is not the International Cop who should stick his business in other sovereign nation business.----AS I RECALL,... Ukraine rejected the idea of joining NATO when Trump was in office... BUT NOW, they want the support of NATO against their neighbor.

Yes,...lets get all the Nations together to defend this corrupt Gov. against their neighboring Corrupt gov.

AFTER-ALL we don't have enough OF OUR OWN Problems~

Ukraine, the sovereign nation in question, asked for weapons. That is not us sticking our nose in another sovereign nation’s business, that is us giving requested items they need to take care of their own business.

Russia has zero right to invade another sovereign nation. No nation should be okay with a rogue nation invading another sovereign nation - friends or not, corrupt or not. Invaders are seldom satisfied with stealing only once if they are successful. See Crimea 2014.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:12 AM

3,265 posts, read 1,415,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
BS that some people like to eat with a big spoon.
Demonization and dehumanization of the enemy is what Western propaganda does every time.
Ha!

Old 04-23-2022, 09:17 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Yes, my heart still bleeds when I think about Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan...
So because of that, you think Russia is doing the right thing? I would think you would be against Russia's invasion too, for the same reasons.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:21 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
1. will anyone drop the bs and ask a simple question: WHY Russia started that military operation? why? Anyone with common sense? Now, please, spare me charades of explanations like "deadly ill Putin wants to drag world with him", or "they always did it", or "he's channeling for Hitler". It's basic nonsense.

2. for money? What money? You invade a BROKE country, corrupt like hell, and, whatever territory and infrastructure you will end up with, will be ruined. Look at Azovstal, for example. That, then largest world steel mill, is useless pile of junk now. You spend billions on this war, lose many lives and gain nothing but ruins, that will cost you even more to rebuild. There is ZERO economical sense. And, those to signed for this in Russia, as only naive minds believe that it is all one man deeds, understand not just that very well but, also, what repercussions this will have. Believe me, there was much of cold calculations done, from any angle, before action was taken. There is NO financial gain, only expense and global ostracism. Hence, there was a very much so real solid reason to go this route, so, maybe, look into that? What exactly was the casus belly? Who and what forced Russia to go into perils of war? If you have any common sense left, of course, not just parroting media bs.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So because of that, you think Russia is doing the right thing?
Russia didn't bomb civilians. You just can't accept this fact.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:26 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Russia didn't bomb civilians. You just can't accept this fact.
Yes they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies