Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 08:39 PM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

Pray tell us what you are doing to help homeless veterans in your city or state or around the country? There are plenty of them, but you just want to run your mouth or complain about illegals, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 08:46 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Pray tell us what you are doing to help homeless veterans in your city or state or around the country? There are plenty of them, but you just want to run your mouth or complain about illegals, right?
Since when is it the responsibility of our citizens to take care of our Vets out of their own pockets? That's our government's responsibility but instead they are too busy taking care of illegal aliens instead. We have every right to oppose this practice because they are using our taxes to do so. Running our mouths? Is that what you call it? Disgusting!

The question is why don't you give a damn?

Old 04-28-2022, 08:51 PM

9 posts, read 5,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since when is it the responsibility of our citizens to take care of our Vets out of their own pockets? That's our government's responsibility but instead they are too busy taking care of illegal aliens instead. We have every right to oppose this practice because they are using our taxes to do so. Running our mouths? Is that what you call it? Disgusting!
I mean technically, if the government is helping vets, then it would be from the citizen’s pocket.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:59 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Veterans are OUR citizens that have served their country, and I am betting you are not one of them. The homeless citizens, all of them, should be getting the assistance that they need. Illegal aliens, on the coat tails of their anchor babies, move into public housing, while OUR citizens wait. They get free emergency medical care, and milk the charities dry.

Illegal aliens break our laws every single day they are present in OUR country. So, you think we shouldn't complain about people who break out laws? We want the laws the enforced, just like they are on OUR own citizens.

Over 40,000 veterans are homeless. Many have issues related to military conflict in places like Afghanistan and Iraq. Their needs and the needs of all citizens, need to come before illegal aliens that are invading our country to get welfare benefits by having 5 or 6 kids each that we pay to deliver and then support.

Illegal aliens are like an infection, we need to find a cure and rewarding them for their law breaking deviance is not the way to go about it.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:00 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
When I was little, I think about 4 or 5 years old, my dad and I had been driving somewhere when we saw a man holding a 'Homeless Vet' sign on the side of the road. I remember my dad getting sort of....weird. Jaw clenching, hands getting tight on the wheel...and he pulled the car over to the side of the road and got out, telling me to stay in the car. He and the guy talked a little, my dad gave him some money, and the other man started to cry (Which scared me, I admit) and sort of hugged my dad. My dad came back to the car, still clenching his jaw and his hands on the wheel, and there was just this silence where I was way too scared to say anything. (I knew something was wrong, I just didn't quite understand what until years later.)

This would have been about 1975. The man was a Vietnam Vet, as was my dad. The POTUS was a Republican.

Homeless vets are nothing new. They've been around since the dawn of our nation. And from what I've seen, nobody truly cares about them until they can use them as a moral high ground against another group. If anybody cared, we'd've had a system in place eons ago.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:14 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
I hope this doesn't happen, I don't think it's a done deal yet. The VA centers I'm familiar with have a wait time and so on. Most of those vets aren't homeless. Anyway, this not a good idea.

Old 04-28-2022, 11:41 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,138 times
Quote:
Typical left illogical post.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:03 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Typical left illogical post.
He probably has a vested interest of some sort in illegal immigration. He couldn't care less how these illegal aliens are raping our country in every way and to hell with our own homeless and veterans. What a disgusting, anti-American stance to take!

Old 04-29-2022, 06:46 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Would this be at the concentration camps the Biden administration took over from Trump and continue to operate?

Old 04-29-2022, 06:51 AM

10,452 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Shameful. Our veterans already get screwed and now they want to take doctors away from them too? The VA already struggles to provide for our veterans. We know where the left's priorities are.
Seriously, why should anyone join the military when it's clear the politicians don't care about their veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies