Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 03:04 PM

27,561 posts, read 28,659,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So, you want to ignore the reality that humans are on a spectrum, and that a certain percentage of them prefer to be with same sex partners? Pull your head out and look at the real world.
There is a tiny percentage of humans who may be biologically homosexual or have gender dysphoria. But they do not represent the overall culture of society.

I don't support discriminating against people because of their sexual orientation or identity. However, I also don't believe we should be promoting LGBT lifestyles and values out of all proportion to their actual reality in our culture and society.

Our literature, philosophy and traditions celebrate the romantic love between a man and a woman - in whatever culture you observe. That is a bedrock of society and that is what I believe should be taught to children today and to future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 03:17 PM

4,902 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
you are wrong. the majority of voters do not want corporations involved in political speech. Per the hill:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...rporations-to/

Sixty-one percent of registered voters in the April 16-19 survey said it is not appropriate for corporations to engage in political speech.
I agree with you and I do not care what the company stance on any political or social issues are. If their product is good and serves my purpose, I’d buy it.

Yes, their are a few exceptions to this rule in my book, but neither flying the LGBT or BLM fit within these few exceptions.

Honestly, I’m glad that a business has chosen to be neutral in polarizing issues. This is where both Disney and Coke screwed up.

And no, I have no issues with the LGBT community, but I do have an issue with them forcing their views on kids in the grade of K through 8. As for BLM, they are a scam and do not serve that Black community one single bit and I’m half Black.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:33 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
My question stands.
How many major corporations have flown pride flags on the same pole as the American flag?

Many that I see usually have the pride colors on front digital displays. Exon says that will be allowed. Exon says flags on the lawn will be allowed. Not much of a start of something new.

Exon also said they will continue to participate and add sponsorship dollars to "Pride Parades".

The LGBT employees of Exon are over reacting to this as much as those here celebrating it.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:34 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
So, two flags, eh. The US flag and the ExxonMobil flag. I've driven by their HQ and their massive Houston campus. Both had the company flag flying, in addition to the state and national flags.
As is their right. There is nothing wrong with flying the company logo.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:36 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
That's all true. But, the way this was done is seen by the company's gay employees as a major slap in the face, after the company had been proclaiming its support for those employees.
Well, you have to admit the gay activists aren’t really offended by it so much as feeling like they are one step back. As Jazzy Jeff pointed out the employees are still allowed to put whatever flags or logos up in their own office spaces so it’s not a big deal.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:38 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
It's not about remaining neutral, it's about not making social justice statements.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:41 PM

1,688 posts, read 611,782 times
Quote:
That's all true. But, the way this was done is seen by the company's gay employees as a major slap in the face, after the company had been proclaiming its support for those employees.
They can support lgb employees without allowing flags. If they allow those flags they should allow all flags. I fall on the side of no flags except the US and state flag. The way to support lgb employees is to have same sex insurance and have non discriminatory hiring practices. Anything beyond that is either lip service or divisive.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:47 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
In all fairness - 20 years ago our LBG Citizens were denied many Rights that those of us not LBG have.
I’ve always supported Equal Rights for all Citizens. There is not a single State that doesn’t require a Civil License for Marriage. It matters not whether people are “married” in a house of worship or in front of a Judge - the Civil License is required. A spouse in a same sex relationship was (and still can be) denied Health Insurance, could be denied from hospital visits. A Homosexual could be denied a job or housing, a teacher could lose her license to teach.

We needed to fight for Equal Rights, but somewhere along the way — just about the time that those Equal Rights were being attained, the Radicals in Gay Rights went nuts and it all became a Political battle.

The end game now is that a public that majorly supported Equal Rights no longer feels the same way they used to. When these Radicals go after Children, blackmail against their company policies and lawsuits against a Baker or a Florist because that Baker or Florist hold a belief against Homosexuality— it only hurts our LBG citizens. I’ve hated watching all of it.
My marriage license in the Great State of Texas stated I did not have an STD and created an equal partnership.

The vows we spoke before the congregation, the minister and our God were something entirely different.

All citizens should have the same rights. There was a TV program some years ago that ended their series with marriage between a character Denny Craine and another man. Neither were gay. It spelled out in fine detail the unfairness associated with marriage, tax law and inheritance. That may be some of the reason the gay people went nuts. Our tax and estate law favors married people.

AFA the baker goes, they were looking for a court case. All the baker had to say was we are booked up that day and the couple could have gone on down the road.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:52 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
T.

Its the norm today for large companies and industry to take stands on popular issues. Exxon is living in the past if that is what they truly think, gone are the days when companies remain neutral on issues.

"The norm" is not always the right thing to do.

I

Old 04-23-2022, 04:50 PM

4,546 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
There is a tiny percentage of humans who may be biologically homosexual or have gender dysphoria. But they do not represent the overall culture of society.

I don't support discriminating against people because of their sexual orientation or identity. However, I also don't believe we should be promoting LGBT lifestyles and values out of all proportion to their actual reality in our culture and society.

Our literature, philosophy and traditions celebrate the romantic love between a man and a woman - in whatever culture you observe. That is a bedrock of society and that is what I believe should be taught to children today and to future generations.
^^^ This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies