Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2022, 06:59 PM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times

Advertisements

I don't really miss Trump himself. He was too divisive and brash, although I blame a lot of that on the way the media acted and the way the liberal Democrats were out to get him from Day One, and found nothing.

What I do miss is the way he ran the country and the way things were before disgraceful demented Biden sent everything down the toilet.

Old 04-24-2022, 06:59 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,281,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have no respect for Joe Biden. I don't respect Trump either. We need statesmen, not those fools.

At least Trump is not the grandfather of black mass incarceration. Corn Pops is. Maybe Trump could have won the black vote by putting a lot of them in jail and pushing for more massive black abortions on demand in black cities. There is a word is Spanish for it: Masoquista (masochistic)

Old 04-24-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Governor Desantis. Malevolent, but consistent, competent, and sane. Only malevolent in that list of words describes Trump.

Glad I could give you a laugh, but I wasn’t offering advice. I’d love an alternative to President Biden, but Trump isn’t it.

Funny, DeSantis has to prove he can fight and win a national primary and DeSantis supports Trump's policies. So for you it isn't about policies but style. Let's see how DeSantis reacts after being the front runner and getting attacked every day like Trump has. Let's see if the media and Democrats paints him as consistent, competent and sane. That train is never late.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:27 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Putin is having a blast with our present Vegetable in the WH.
The reason that Putin didn’t invade Ukraine while Trump was in the White House was because he was undermining NATO. He was doing Putin’s dirty work for him. If he were still President, he would either say nothing and do nothing to help Ukraine or actively support Russia. He held up military aid to Ukraine while trying to get dirt on Joe Biden.

I would say that Putin did more to unite NATO than anyone else, but Biden is a much more active supporter of NATO than Trump ever was.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I thought it was tragic. I'm thankful the country survived.
I agree!

Old 04-24-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The reason that Putin didn’t invade Ukraine while Trump was in the White House was because he was undermining NATO. He was doing Putin’s dirty work for him. If he were still President, he would either say nothing and do nothing to help Ukraine or actively support Russia.

I would say that Putin did more to unite NATO than anyone else, but Biden is a much more active supporter of NATO than Trump ever was.

by forcing NATO to raise their defense spending that were being ignored under Obama/Biden and giving Ukraine lethal weapons when Obama refused to give for 8 years? yeah, that makes sense.

Obama for 8 years didn't give a damn about Ukraine and basically said: "Ukraine is going to be vulnerable to military domination by Russia no matter what we do.” Throwing the white flag and then Biden with the blessing of Obama sends his crackhead son to suck money from the country with corruption and then you wonder why Putin only expanded under Obama and Biden but not Trump? You Democrats crack me up.

Putin made sure Ukraine will be NOT joining NATO and made UkRaine think twice before being an American puppet and letting a foreign crackhead in their government.

Imagine if Trump refused to give Ukraine lethal weapons, pushes the Russian pipeline deal and says: "Ukraine is going to be vulnerable to military domination by Russia no matter what we do.” but the fact is Obama did that but Democrats are blaming Trump. These people are insane.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:42 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Wrong. Hillary got less votes in 2016 than Obama 2012 and only could win 20 states. Trump added 12 million votes in 2020 from 2016, unheard of from an incumbent President that loses re-election. It has never happened before. It was the pandemic and the media scaring the public everyday during an election year.

If the country hated Trump, why he added 12 million votes from 2016 and split 25-25 states evenly? Your myth doesn't add up.
Maybe this is a surprise to some of you, but re-election does not require a candidate to get more votes than they did the time before. One has to get more votes than one's opponent. Since Biden got a majority of electoral votes (and won the popular vote by even more than Hillary did), he is the president.

Forget who hated who, those 7 million more people who voted for Biden over Trump turned out to be decisive. Election officials in red states and blue states, Democrats and Republicans, agree that Biden won.

Trump peaked.

But I guess if he does win in 2024, maybe we will see the health plan he promised for Day One in 2017, the Infrastructure Plan he had all ready, the Merit Based Immigration Plan he created but never showed us, and all the rest of the great programs and reforms he promised. Doubt it, though. He'll watch Fox News all day and help his kids loot the government and collect foreign bribes, just like before.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:45 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Maybe this is a surprise to some of you, but re-election does not require a candidate to get more votes than they did the time before. One has to get more votes than one's opponent. Since Biden got a majority of electoral votes (and won the popular vote by even more than Hillary did), he is the president.

Forget who hated who, those 7 million more people who voted for Biden over Trump turned out to be decisive. Election officials in red states and blue states, Democrats and Republicans, agree that Biden won.

Trump peaked.

But I guess if he does win in 2024, maybe we will see the health plan he promised for Day One in 2017, the Infrastructure Plan he had all ready, the Merit Based Immigration Plan he created but never showed us, and all the rest of the great programs and reforms he promised. Doubt it, though. He'll watch Fox News all day and help his kids loot the government and collect foreign bribes, just like before.
And sic his loyal mob of dimwits on any political enemies that won't bow and kiss the rings. And CNN and MSNBC will have record ratings again as cities burn and some new disease rages on.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:47 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,343,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Funny, DeSantis has to prove he can fight and win a national primary and DeSantis supports Trump's policies. So for you it isn't about policies but style. Let's see how DeSantis reacts after being the front runner and getting attacked every day like Trump has. Let's see if the media and Democrats paints him as consistent, competent and sane. That train is never late.
You think Trump was consistent? Wow.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:54 PM

2,888 posts, read 987,965 times
Someone is "taking humor too far" in this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.