Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 10:49 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Biden ain't great, we agree. I just don't want a dictator instead. Can you come up with a non-traitor alternative, who believes in the American system of elections? That's what we need, not a losing loser who lost toting around a big lie about that loss.
You mean like when Al Gore in 2000, and Hilary Clinton in 2016, shouted, complained and whined for years on end, that their elections were stolen from them?

Old 04-25-2022, 11:04 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You mean like when Al Gore in 2000, and Hilary Clinton in 2016, shouted, complained and whined for years on end, that their elections were stolen from them?
How many were injured when Gore and Clinton ginned up their supporters to ransack the Capitol and interrupt the peaceful transfer of power? Oh, that's right, none.

I've actually only heard Clinton complain about the massive Russian interference in our politics, not claim the election was 'stolen.' That interference was documented by a Senate committee run by Republicans, btw - just because Trump hasn't been charged in the matter does not wipe out the fact that the Kremlin spent a lot of time and energy working to get Trump elected.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:10 AM

14,950 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Quote:
Biden ain't great, we agree. I just don't want a dictator instead. Can you come up with a non-traitor alternative, who believes in the American system of elections? That's what we need, not a losing loser who lost toting around a big lie about that loss.
Being a sore loser doesn't make someone a traitor... ask Hillary or Al Gore.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:13 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
I fully expected Donald Trump to be an absolutely terrible president and was pleasantly surprised by him. Far from perfect but vastly vastly better than all the career politicians we're used to that make an endless list of promises and never deliver.

The upsides to having Trump: Absolutely everything was better. The economy, food prices, gas prices, employment rates, bringing manufacturing back to the USA, world peace breaking out like nobody though possible, Russia not chopping off and annexing pieces of neighboring countries, North Korea actually having a civil dialogue with the USA, the Middle East nations getting friendlier towards Israel, zero new military conflict zones opened by the USA, a sane approach to border security, the lowest black unemployment rate ever, amazing economic growth, etc.

But ... there were mean tweets and our president said rude things. That and a bunch of insane activists endlessly shrieking about him being a Nazi or a Fascist or a Racist and the rest of the usual "ist" and "phobe" words -- all without any basis in reality.

So we traded all the good stuff to stop the mean tweets and rudeness. Talk about a crappy tradeoff!!

Old 04-25-2022, 11:16 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,319,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Happier with him out of office. May he never darken the nation again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Hear, hear. Though I won't hold my breath, lol.

Except we prospered under Trump. The "dark nation" you speak of is currently happening under Grandpa Joe.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:29 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I fully expected Donald Trump to be an absolutely terrible president and was pleasantly surprised by him. Far from perfect but vastly vastly better than all the career politicians we're used to that make an endless list of promises and never deliver.
Agree with all of this. He's the best President of my lifetime even though I'd never vote for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The upsides to having Trump: Absolutely everything was better. The economy, food prices, gas prices, employment rates, bringing manufacturing back to the USA, world peace breaking out like nobody though possible, Russia not chopping off and annexing pieces of neighboring countries, North Korea actually having a civil dialogue with the USA, the Middle East nations getting friendlier towards Israel, zero new military conflict zones opened by the USA, a sane approach to border security, the lowest black unemployment rate ever, amazing economic growth, etc.

But ... there were mean tweets and our president said rude things. That and a bunch of insane activists endlessly shrieking about him being a Nazi or a Fascist or a Racist and the rest of the usual "ist" and "phobe" words -- all without any basis in reality.

So we traded all the good stuff to stop the mean tweets and rudeness. Talk about a crappy tradeoff!!
You have legitimate points except for the bolded.
He sold weapons to the Saudis so they can commit genocide against people in Yemen. We were and still our illegally occupying sovereign nations and murdering innocents. There were more drone strikes under Trump than Obama. btw 1 in 10 who died were the intended target when Obama ran it and it's wasn't any better when Trump did it.

And the other points you made, the main stream media gave it a passing mention at best. Scumbags

Old 04-25-2022, 11:29 AM

14,950 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Except we prospered under Trump. The "dark nation" you speak of is currently happening under Grandpa Joe.
The dems need the 'masses' to suffer. Trump wanted the masses to prosper. All indicators were trending positive for working America.

Remind me how long Obama claimed the successes enjoyed during the Trump administration, was actually a result of what he (Obama) did.

Old 04-25-2022, 12:11 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,319,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
hell no..even though I voted for him the 1st time around..if he was Pres. our soldiers would be sided up the Russians fighting against Ukraine..that'll teach that Zalenski..remember that not only was Putin his buddy (remember when he was sitting with Putin during an interview and the reporter asked him if Russia interfered with the election and he replied "I don't think so..President Putin says they didn't..why would they"..end quote..and he tried to blackmail Zalenski by threatening not to give him the promised defensive weapons Zalenski wanted if he didn't dig up some dirt on Joe Biden..so hell no..

You know, people like keep making these stupid remarks, yet Putin never even attempted to invade Ukraine during all 4 years of Trump's presidency. Biden is POTUS for a year, and Putin decides to go to war.

Funny how that works.

Old 04-25-2022, 12:27 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,343,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You know, people like keep making these stupid remarks, yet Putin never even attempted to invade Ukraine during all 4 years of Trump's presidency. Biden is POTUS for a year, and Putin decides to go to war.

Funny how that works.
It is funny. When the guy in there is slowly delivering every goal Putin has (Trump), it’s surely easier to wait. When the new guy doesn’t kowtow, time to push the envelope. Hilarious. I’m sure the families of the dead Ukrainian civilians appreciate the irony.

Old 04-25-2022, 12:31 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,281,183 times
Quote:
How many were injured when Gore and Clinton ginned up their supporters to ransack the Capitol and interrupt the peaceful transfer of power? Oh, that's right, none.

I've actually only heard Clinton complain about the massive Russian interference in our politics, not claim the election was 'stolen.' That interference was documented by a Senate committee run by Republicans, btw - just because Trump hasn't been charged in the matter does not wipe out the fact that the Kremlin spent a lot of time and energy working to get Trump elected.
how many people died on 1/6? you repeat a lot of propaganda but how many cops were injured? I want names and medical reports.
Funny, China is deep in our politics and economy but crickets from you. Bad case of Russia and TDS.

Hillary and the Democrats did a lot more every day for years after 2016 than just complain about Russian interference. They questioned a sitting President everyday with treason and working for Russia. It was lie after lie everyday to undermine the Presidency which still you excuse today and then turn around and act holier than thou with the integrity of our democracy and process for a 4 hour riot with no guns against a super nuclear power. I don't know to laugh or cry.

and you say you are a lifelong Republican, thanks for the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.