Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 07:45 AM

4,027 posts, read 2,711,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
First, Biden got student deferments for the draft and the asthma deferment came in 1968. And while your claim is a fair one Biden could easily provide documentation that he had childhood asthma.

Trump's "heel spur" thing is a little different. If Trump had heel spurs at that time then he would still have them now. A simple foot X-Ray could have shot down any claims that the Viet Nam deferment wasn't legit.

Yep. And I believe that back in the Vietnam era, *any* history of asthma would disqualify you from service. I think nowadays, you only get disqualified if it persists into adulthood.

(Though you can get rid of a bone spur with surgery. My friend did this a few years ago.) I'm sure Trump could have had that done as well, but there'd be a record of said surgery.

Also, Biden is known to have a stuttering problem. I'm not sure if that would also be a disqualifier or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 08:51 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I just cannot see someone like McCain, or others like him, being more cautious about sending other people's children to die in a war.
McCain was crazy.

However, after seven years in the Hanoi Hilton, most everybody would be crazy.

I DO THINK a combat veteran, having experienced direct fire, would be more cautious about sending other people's children to fight (and potentially die).

Old 04-24-2022, 08:56 AM

4,027 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
McCain was crazy.

I DO THINK a combat veteran, having experienced direct fire, would be more cautious about sending other people's children to fight (and potentially die).
Kennedy was a combat vet. He sent troops to Vietnam.

Old 04-24-2022, 08:59 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Yep. And I believe that back in the Vietnam era, *any* history of asthma would disqualify you from service. I think nowadays, you only get disqualified if it persists into adulthood.

(Though you can get rid of a bone spur with surgery. My friend did this a few years ago.) I'm sure Trump could have had that done as well, but there'd be a record of said surgery.

Also, Biden is known to have a stuttering problem. I'm not sure if that would also be a disqualifier or not?
I don’t know either, but that’s an interesting question. I never thought of that before.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:15 AM

23,473 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
McCain was crazy.

For the most part I agree, but I think McCain went in crazy.
Quote:
It should stand to reason that they should feel more cautious, but there are those who had been in the midst of battles and are/were still pro war. We have had presidents who'd served and that did not stop them from creating new wars or stopping existing wars.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:32 AM

23,473 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post

Apparently only if it is significant. Apparently if it's not significant then it would not be a disqualifier.

Quote:
Speech Affected Disorders
Any speech impediment, stammering, stuttering or other receptive or expressive language disorder that may significantly interfere with the ability to repeat commands is disqualifying.
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/mi...ission-3354046

Seems Biden* had worked on his stuttering while he was a child and had overcome it, for the most part, before he became an adult.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...6b4c5497b8ad70

Old 04-24-2022, 09:46 AM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Did Democrats not spend four years calling President Trump “cadet bone spurs”? Where is their outrage, now?

Old 04-24-2022, 12:35 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Quote:
Seems Biden* had worked on his stuttering while he was a child and had overcome it, for the most part, before he became an adult.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...6b4c5497b8ad70

He replaced his stuttering with 'None-Stop-Lying'---- now he can't shut-up.

VP Harris is on edge every-time she makes a public appearance with him (as NO-ONE knows what dementia Joe will say next).

There's no way this idiot has access to any button for Nuclear Weapons~ (does he????)

Old 04-24-2022, 01:19 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
I remember Obama saying when it came to serving, he didn't see a reason for it and didn't........and that rather tells me how he feels about anyone else besides himself. We are both the same age and I served, so why didn't he?

Old 04-24-2022, 02:20 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Bill Clinton seems to have avoided going to Vietnam through "favors", "some deception or manipulation when necessary" and "luck".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-draft-pardon/

Both Hillary and Obama were not up for the draft, but neither of them opted to voluntarily serve.
I have to laugh how all of these lefties attacked Trump for not serving calling him names like "bonespurs" and yet many Democrat presidents didn't serve either. The left are such hypocrites!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies