Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 05:30 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,467,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Isn't Tyrus a Wrestler? How does somebody like that wind up on a political show?
Oh it's FOX and their high standards for Journalism.
Yes he is, but as I just said, he's pretty well spoken. I pretty much like the views he expresses. He's pretty good on Gutfeld's show, but I just don't care for him or any of the others making such a big deal of the books they've written.

The guy is huge. I recall him saying he's 6'8" and weighs about 360. Not sure how he gets around, let alone wrestles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 05:36 PM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerules View Post
lol who ever rights a book and you read it you are dumb as he is. these people really have nothing to say that is interesting
You are not in the position to call somebody else dumb or question what someone considers interesting.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:29 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times
Quote:
Isn't Tyrus a Wrestler? How does somebody like that wind up on a political show?

I wouldnt associate the work journalism with Fox news. They all have to sell their souls to Rupert Murdock and spew his narrative. Notice the ones that dont, arent there very long.

Old 04-27-2022, 04:40 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,787 times
Quote:
lol who ever rights a book and you read it you are dumb as he is. these people really have nothing to say that is interesting

Well, then apparently according to you, there are a whole lotta uninteresting people out there. Tyrus' book came out yesterday and is number one on Amazon's best seller list. And the man is far from dumb and has had a very interesting life.

He's been on his own since his teen years yet pushed himself to finish school. Went to community college because he couldn't afford another college. Transferred on a scholarship to Nebraska where he played football. Did a stint in pro football until he got hurt. He could have fallen apart at any point there but didn't. He worked as a bouncer until Snoop Dogg made him a body guard. At some point in all that, he was also a teacher. He went on to be a pro wrestler, got fired, ended up back there again and a chance conversation online with Greg Gutfeld got him into the position he has at Fox now.

To me, the dumb one seems to be the one who calls out someone as dumb when they apparently know nothing about the person in question. And it's my guess that Tyrus actually knows how to spell WRITE in the context you used.

Old 04-27-2022, 05:18 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,118 times
Quote:
i mean tyrus is not interesting when cameras are on him for 1 hours a week so he will become more interesting if he has few writers around him telling him if you use this phrase you will be more sophisticated
You know what opinions are like.... I actually find Tyrus, his life story and how it shaped his life views and political views fascinating. Technically I think you'd call his political views libertarian, but they sound an awful lot like common sense and apolitical to me.

Quote:
Tyrus was a guest on Greg Guttfeld's show once and the audience responded well to his demeanor, his views and personality, so he became a regular of Guttfeld's show and his career expanded from there.

Quote:
What qualifies someone to be a commentator? Getting a 4 year degree in "journalism"? We've seen how professional, or the lack thereof, the "journalists" at CNN, MSNBC, et all are. No thank you. I'll take common sense, lessons learned through life and fairness over "but I have a degree in journalism" every time.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:11 AM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
Tyrus is funny, and he's smart. He's a good role model for the younger generation to show what a person can be if you really want it.

Being like him is a lot better than being a street thug, even if you don't like his politics.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:17 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Tyrus is a very interesting, bright, and engaging feller.

He sits quietly, just listening, until he has something really great to contribute. I like that.

He’s an every day guy from common circumstances but has worked very hard to make a good life for himself. He’s a success story. And, he’s just really cool.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:21 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
I don’t understand the argument. These people are in the entertainment business you realize. This is their livelihood.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:24 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Funny how you bring this up....Fox was one of the few, if not only media outlets to not spin misinformation on the Rittenhouse case. Some of other outlets wouldn't even make retractions after the case was done. All media pushes an agenda, but after that case I think Fox stands a bit above the others.

As far as the Five and it's hosts, it is more entertainment and opinions, which is what they give.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:24 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I'm not sure some of the Fox hosts can even read a book, much less write one.

Seriously, if you don't want to see talking heads push their book, mute the volume, change the channel or turn off the TV. Not too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies