Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who supports the "Disinformation" department by Biden?
I'm a republican/libertarian and I support it 6 4.26%
I'm a republican/libertarian and I oppose it 120 85.11%
I'm a democrat/liberal and I support it 3 2.13%
I'm a democrat/liberal and I oppose it 12 8.51%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 09:28 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIMVN687N4

I love Desantis. What I don't understand is why does he seem the only republican governor that is rejecting all of Biden's craziness. You only hear about Desantis. We need a Desantis governor is every red state.
Because his only agenda is to get the small minded fired up and ready to fight a war that doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 09:32 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Because his only agenda is to get the small minded fired up and ready to fight a war that doesn't exist.
^^^Oh, the irony is thick^^^

Old 05-01-2022, 09:42 AM

1,747 posts, read 879,903 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIMVN687N4

I love Desantis. What I don't understand is why does he seem the only republican governor that is rejecting all of Biden's craziness. You only hear about Desantis. We need a Desantis governor is every red state.

There are other republican governors doing the same as Desantis but they aren't on TV every other day talking about it. In SC, we never had statewide mask mandates - it was left up to each town, city or county to decide for themselves. In my town, we haven't had any face covering requirements since about late July or early August 2020. Nothing ever completely shut down - just social distanced.

The SC governor has sued to stop many of Biden's policies along with other states. And the only current mandates are for medical facilities only. But the Biden admin and dems won't call out SC like they do Desantis because the governor of SC is not a threat to them in the 2024 election like they think Desantis is and also because Biden only got the stay in the primaries because of one man in SC - Rep. Clyburn. Biden was losing coming into SC primary and went to Clyburn for an endorsement. Clyburn told Biden he'd only get it if Biden promised to nominate a black woman if an opening came up on the supreme court during Biden's term in office. Biden agreed and ended up president because Clyburn endorsed him.

Just because not all republican runs states are as vocal as Desantis doesn't mean they aren't standing up to Biden and his policies.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:43 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Do we really have to state the obvious??? This "board" will not fight disinformation. They will cancel information that does not suit their narratives, agendas and objectives, and everyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knows it. What's your excuse? The lady that is supposedly in charge of this abomination is a rabid Hunter email denier. Didn't happen, doesn't exist, heck, she might soon claim Joe doesn't even have a son named Hunter. There's no telling how bold the lies and disinformation will be that will emerge from the modern day pits of hell known as DC, once they succeed in cancelling sound logic, reason and most importantly, the truth.

I know why some lefties are comfortable with this. They enjoy living in a lame stream media bubble induced stupor. Thinking people, not so much.
In grade school we used to get the Weekly Reader newspaper for kids. Our teacher would ask us to read the stories, Think about the writer, context, and content; critical thinking skills (CTS - not CRT).

I don't need a bobble head and laughing hyena to think for me when their actions speak so much louder than their words. Apparently, they believe American citizens don't think or have ethics. Just a reflection of their dark souls.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:58 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Sigh ... more twisted radical rightism.

"The Department of Homeland Security is setting up a Disinformation Governance Board to try to counter the spread of false information."

Its a board under Homeland Security ... not a Bureau..
Its focus is disinformation, its about fighting lies, not spreading them. Why would anyone have an issue with the truth? Oh wait .... never mind .....
Catching your drift

Let’s face it, it will likely take a generation or so to get folks to face up to the evidence revealed by the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee who unanimously endorsed the US intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia conducted a sweeping & unprecedented campaign to interfere in the 2016 presidential election to help Trump.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:17 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
The left started a coup the day that Trump was elected and they are still doing everything possible to prevent the people from reelecting him. The war is real and you guys fired the first shot.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:30 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
well, if you want beyond spoon-feeding, I suppose you should go looking.

As at least one other has said, he's the one the media is slobbering over ... it's like a redux of Trump 2015/2016 until July.

Lastly, he's the one that has been most publicly fighting the "Federal Government" over several since about June 2020 (which includes part of Trump's term).

Old 05-01-2022, 10:42 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,152,668 times
Does all the Orwellian, dystopian stuff come solely from the left?
It sure as hell seems like it.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:05 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Does all the Orwellian, dystopian stuff come solely from the left?
It sure as hell seems like it.

The left produces some pretty terrible results that require censorship to hide. That's why they are the only ones demanding censorship. They are the only ones who have something to gain from it.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:15 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
by the way, if you disagree with mislabeling it the Don't Say Gay law, then it should be the Disinformation Governance Board.

and it's curious that it's 2 primary stated areas of focus are Russian disinformation and immigration.

I guess I look forward to them correcting every "Biden let in 2MM illegals last year" with the more accurate "1MM illegal immigrants have been allowed to stay in the US in the last 12 months"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies